News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Player Selector Mod (demo)  (Read 117335 times)

Offline The CeSSaRR

• Don't messing me!
  • You're messing with the wrong mascot!
    • View Profile
Re: Player Selector Mod (demo)
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »
PSMM ain't never gonna be released guys. Rise too much of a lazy ass shit face busy person.
Never release? where you know?

Offline kissmejohnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2014, 10:40:33 AM »
PSMM ain't never gonna be released guys. Rise too much of a lazy ass shit face busy person.

Did, you just serious mean that? lol :blink:

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
Rise to Honor is bored of playing and modding Bully and dosen't do it anymore. When and if madman comes back is when the PSMM will be worked on, and that's probably not for some time...

Offline kissmejohnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »
Rise to Honor is bored of playing and modding Bully and dosen't do it anymore. When and if madman comes back is when the PSMM will be worked on, and that's probably not for some time...

I meant you cursing at him, LOL.

Offline Bryce Montrose

• "You expect me to pity for you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »
ok.
this mod never release.

Offline XxModzXx44

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »
So this mean we will be seeing full boss styles for the player jimmy? Like johnny no constant attack problem or teds dive and all of the ground attacks.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:08 PM »
Rise and I pushed this mod back a little bit because we are onto something VERY big regarding the .cat archives. We are very close to being able to fully extract those and this will mean being able to fix the endless loop that is in some of the fighting styles. The endless loop is actually caused by the player only having certain attacks being available to actually use....this is due to a 15 button limit on the controller due to this game being a console port. The attack types are: Light, Medium, Heavy, Special. Jimmy only has Light and Heavy attacks available and as a result....its extremely difficult at best to even utilize the other moves.

The PSMM has those missing moves manually bound by button codes in LUA and while it works...it is really not the best way to go about this. This is why Rise and I are for now concentrating on the .cat archives since...IF we can fully extract them...and put files back in...then we can fix these issues and then it will just be a simple matter of assigning a fighting style using one line of code instead of 1000's of lines of code.

Hopefully this makes some sense and i do apologize for the PSMM taking so long to complete....but Rise and I are trying to make sure that once it IS released...that it will be as bug free as possible and be simple for everyone here to enjoy.

If we can fix the .cat archives up...we will release a tool for working with them...since this will also allow customizing the styles by mixing moves from any style into one style...so you will be able to have a hybrid style of whatever moves that is wanted. I just ask that everyone to please be patient while we are working on this alternate plan here...because it never does good to constantly try to rush the ppl doing all of the hard work ...specially when it is for the moment...just two of us working on this...

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
In other words, we will have the full fighting styles (eg. Hal with the bearhug)?

Offline kissmejohnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2014, 03:36:59 AM »
Ah, I see...

I was hoping for something BIG for a 1 year anniversary since the release of the demo to begin with... I guess this information should suffice... Since, it has been awhile since we heard about this PSF.

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
  • A Place for Hope and No Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2014, 03:51:50 AM »
is this accessible by playing the arcade ?

Offline XxModzXx44

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2014, 05:05:29 AM »
Also when we are selected as another player besides jimmy, could you use all of that particular characters voice dialogue.( insults, compliments, etc.)

Offline Davidlam

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »
No it cannot talk
But The New PSM will able to do it, but it still takes a long time to release

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
Speech is one thing we were wanting to do...but I am not sure this can be done since the way the dialog is done....the only feasible way to pull this off will be to directly edit the dialog itself and change teh voice pitch of it so that it would match that of the other characters close enough so when triggered it could be used to emulate a chosen character to play as....otherwise directly triggering the other characters dialog would work.....can be done...but its a big pain in the ass right now to pull off.

Lemon can back this one up since he has done the most experimentation and work out of everyone regarding sounds in bully.

He would be the best one to reply in this topic instead of I....since I have done very little work with that myself.

Offline XxModzXx44

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »
Well thanks that's all I wanted to know.  Oh and espacilly you madman because you answered the questions perfectly. You answered my questions in full thought out paragraphs instead of just a yes or no. You explained how exactly how it can be done or how it can not be done. For that you have my gratitude.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
It is no problem.

I try to be as informative as possible every time I post...rather then 1 sentence posts for almost everything....

Any other questions...etc just ask me and I will try my best to answer fully.