News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *RELEASE* - Bully LUA Script Sources (just a few)  (Read 64434 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Re: *RELEASE* - Bully LUA Script Sources (just a few)
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »
Thanks!

I wanted to make Johnny boss theme to play when his life decreased (like a custom theme for a ped).

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2013, 09:29:14 PM »
It is certainly possible this way.

You will just have to play around with the code structure a little bit to figure out how, where and when you want it to activate and so forth.

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »
A question how the next commands works?
PedSetAlpha
PedShowHealthBar

Offline DarbyHarringtonMind

• XX
  • Move forward, Don't look back........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2013, 02:28:31 PM »
what is 1_01 ????

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
what is 1_01 ??? ?

This is the start of the game right after the cutscene with Jimmy's mom and stepdad in the car and then the cutscene with the secretary.

This is the only storyline mission that I have completely intact and I actually use a highly modded version of that mission script for testing new code out when working on mods.

I can post the 1_01 script in the scripts section if I haven't already....pretty sure I did release that one.

PedSetAlpha
PedShowHealthBar

For this....PedSetAlpha I have not messed around with that lua code yet...but I think this may have something to do with how light or dark the ped appears compared to the surrounding world.....but not fully sure yet.

PedShowHealthBar I do know about and this is used to display a healthbar on the right hand side of the screen. Think of during halloween when Gary and Pete follow you around for a bit....both of their healthbars show up on the screen. This command does that. HOWEVER, there is a slight issue with this code....You can only show two healthbars maximum at any given time but you can however display the circle shaped healthbar at the feet of every bodyguard if you want to use several bodyguards and still see their health. This is the same as when you z target any ped you will generally see a round healthbar at their feet on the ground.

Offline Walter20210

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2013, 05:35:56 PM »
PedSetAlpha
PedShowHealthBar
For this....PedSetAlpha I have not messed around with that lua code yet...but I think this may have something to do with how light or dark the ped appears compared to the surrounding world.....but not fully sure yet.

PedShowHealthBar I do know about and this is used to display a healthbar on the right hand side of the screen. Think of during halloween when Gary and Pete follow you around for a bit....both of their healthbars show up on the screen. This command does that. HOWEVER, there is a slight issue with this code....You can only show two healthbars maximum at any given time but you can however display the circle shaped healthbar at the feet of every bodyguard if you want to use several bodyguards and still see their health. This is the same as when you z target any ped you will generally see a round healthbar at their feet on the ground.

PedSetAlpha, is for make a ped be less visible (Like a ghost or something like that)

PedShowHealthBar, i think it was just making the boss health and the one that are on their feets i see it can be used on many peds but i dont know how it works i see something like "name" inside of that code
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:00:38 AM by Walter20210 »

Offline DarbyHarringtonMind

• XX
  • Move forward, Don't look back........
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:25 AM »
ah..... :jajaja:

Offline xbetstyler

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2013, 03:08:01 AM »
I think the PedSetAlpha is useful when we play like zombie mod.Make zombie less visible and hard to see.
This is how i used the code and it make jimmy invisible.

Code: [Select]
main = function()
  F_MissionSetup()
  gMissionRunning = true
  while gMissionRunning do
  PedSetAlpha(gPlayer, 0) repeat 
  until gMissionRunning ~= false
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:30:50 AM by xbetsyler »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
^Delicious!
I'll try it out today and see if any more spices are needed for it.

Offline Walter20210

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2013, 09:30:51 AM »
This makes me remeber Counter strike Zombie plague xD

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
Just a curious question but lua scripting is related to visual basic or c#?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
It is similar enough that if you can code in those languages....then picking up lua will be even easier since it does have some things in common regarding syntax and such. Most programming languages have some similarities to one another but each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.....and some are intended for specific purposes too.....

lua is a very fast language in regards to the lua interpreter...whether the script is compiled or not.

The only reason that the lua scripts in bully are compiled is to keep ppl like us from seeing any of the code and changing the game around. That is the ONLY reason why those files are compiled since lua can run without needing to be compiled...but bully for some reason seems to require them to be compiled before it can use the scripts.

Offline Black Norton

• Keep Calm
  • Peace For Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2013, 04:31:56 AM »
Can You teach me to use this MOD???

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2013, 05:10:13 AM »
Can You teach me to use this MOD???

It is hard to simply "teach" lua since I am only one person and don't have the resources to teach every single person that asks.

It would be in your best interests to download the Bully Modding Magazine issue 1 from teh downloads section in this forum and download the lua compiler......and just read through the magazine carefully since I focus pretty heavily on lua and just try some of the things I talk about in that magazine....plus look in teh scripting section of this forum and look at some of the script sources already posted.

That should get you started on messing about with lua since it is better to read up on it first.

If you look on google for the lua programmers handbook (I think that is what it is called....cant remember) also give that a read even if it may seem complicated since it will give a better in depth explanation on what lua is ....what it can do and so forth and just experiment with the scripts already posted here and see what happens.

That is a better way to learn a language since hands on is easier then just trying to soak in lessons that might be too complicated to understand all at once.

If the magazine is too hard to understand then just ask questions here but please try to read it through first and see if you can grasp what I am explaining since it does no good to not give it a honest try and then ask for help since it would be kinda defeating the purpose of even asking.  8)

Offline TASK FORCE_141

• I am a BullyModder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2013, 03:17:10 AM »
what is Bike_Gen.lua???