News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: New Bully 2 Speculation  (Read 15863 times)

Offline Jessie-Le

• View Profile
New Bully 2 Speculation
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted here, but I checked again on the "news" section of Google for any new articles concerning a Bully sequel. I came across the following article, which was posted 20th April 2015:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/20/red-dead-redemption-2-or-gta-6-whats-next-for-rockstar-games-5157700/

Basically, GameCentral has written an article for Metro concerning "What's Next for Rockstar", and the article is a decent round up of all the possible options Rockstar could go with.

Obviously, the article doesn't really confirm anything, but I thought some of you may be interested. :)

~Jessie.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
Re: New Bully 2 Speculation
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »
That's red dead 2 n gta 6

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
It talks about RDR2 or GTA VI...But it doesen't talks about Bully 2 as a possible game...But,who knows?

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »
On this page I see a question asked to Dan Houster, and looking at a part of his reply...[/url]

Quote from: Dan Houser
So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then.

Look at how he says "doing the Bully sequel". It's not hard proof but, by the wording of it there, it makes it look like there IS a Bully sequel. He didn't say like "planning" or anything else. Again it's not really huge evidence but just his wording there... I dunno maybe I'm being too hopeful and it doesn't mean anything.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:41:26 PM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
No offense, but articles like this have been written after every game Rockstar releases. The company has a lot of series they could be working on. I think its more important to ask what studios they actively have developing something. As we have seen each studio tends to stick to certain games. Rockstar is broke down into multiple studios.

I'd like to see any news regarding a new Bully or Manhunt. Looking at their catalog, the last big success other than GTA that seems likely is a new Red Dead game. GTA just got a release, as well as Max Payne not long ago, LA Noire was developed by an outside developer, then got shut down.

Then we have Agent, which would seem like a logical choice since its been so long since it was announced. But, I still think its a lost cause, but who knows. Everything is speculation, until we see something actually hit the shelf's in stores.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
Everyone wants bully 2

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 05:55:55 PM »
Everyone wants bully 2

Everyone here wants it,

From what I can gather

Global total units sold on PC as of March 21, 2015: 0.02m

Will global total: 0.50m

PS2 global total: 0.94m

Xbox 360 global total: 1.04m

As you can see, the sales are actually really low compared to other Rockstar games. Take into accordance, this doesn't factor in stolen copys, and the data may not be all correct, and this doesn't count sales from PS3.

But, the game has proven to do low sales, since the first original release on PS2. 

Again consider other things, and factor this in. Rockstar dropped the ball, by making it a exclusive only game back then. No original Xbox, or PC release. The game came out in October 17th, 2006, this is around the time next gen consoles at the time were beginning to release. Thus knocking sales down.

Bully didn't have a good advertisement campaign, and the only thing going for it was controversy. Only thing we can really thank Jack Thompson for. I myself skipped out on the game for about a year, because it looked stupid at the time.

Scholarship Edition didn't release until 2008, way to long to grab much attention for mainstream. Which is sad, because a lot of people still haven't played it. Even with certain youtube stars doing a lets play, and showing how great it is.

A ton of things hold a sequel from ever being released, which again is sad.

The simple sad truth is this: You all want a sequel so bad, if it was to get announced right now. You'd all shit, piss, and cum your pants for a week straight. Only to get yourself hyped up, and have your dreams shattered, because it doesn't meet expectations.

You all have enough modders here, and around the globe. If it comes down to it, make the game yourself. Rockstar isn't the holy grail, who gives us our demands. At the end of the day, they are looking at what makes the most money.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
But the thing is,that Rockstar didn't put too many attention (comparing to GTA of course)despite being a great game....Everyone I know,has enjoyed playing it...
But,it's also true that it wasn't too sold.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 06:22:21 PM »
Bully is my favourite game

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »
But the thing is,that Rockstar didn't put too many attention (comparing to GTA of course)despite being a great game....Everyone I know,has enjoyed playing it...
But,it's also true that it wasn't too sold.

Yea they didn't give it as much attention as say GTA. GTA though has basically become a household name, like it or not its a powerhouse of a franchise.

Everyone I've seen who has played Bully, has loved it.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
it will get lots of sales because everyone on the gaming sites say bully 2 for rockstar next game.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 04:56:08 PM »
Maybe, those same gaming sites praise Call of Duty every release like its gods gift to the gaming industry. In all honesty, I love to see sales for the current Bully to explode, now that would be awesome.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
Bully 2 will get good sales all I'm saying

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile