News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool  (Read 7705 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool
« on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:54 AM »
------------IMPORTANT NOTICE------------
Since we're speaking about important notices, I have my own to mention....

There has been multiple occasions where the "Report To Moderator" tool was abused. In case anyone doesn't know, I will explain this tool....

The "Report To Moderator" tool can be found in the lower-right corner of each post on this forum. It is meant to be used in reporting posts that contain inappropriate content. When you click on that tool it will bring you to another screen and ask you to put in a comment. That comment will be sent in the report along with your email and username.

This tool is for the sole purpose ONLY of reporting inappropriate posts. This tool is to help the Bully-Board Community report any issues to the staff, spam being an example. MISUSE OF THIS TOOL WILL LEAD TO A BAN.

I made the above post back in 2013, so some people may have forgotten it or might not have seen it. I'm going to remind everyone the purpose of the "Report to Moderator" tool. This tool is located in the bottom-right corner of each post. It has the sole purpose of reporting inappropriate content and other serious issues on this forum. Every report you send goes out to moderators and admins.

As of late, we've been finding reports based around personal vendettas, insults towards others, and other petty reasons. This behavior will NOT be tolerated. This is an important tool to report important issues to the staff. It's defeating the whole purpose when it gets cluttered with pointless reports. Please think about what you're sending out. As I've said in the past, misuse of this tool will lead to bans.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:20:14 AM by King Cobra »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:22:54 AM »
I made this a global announcement and stickied it since this is too important to let slide.

We have had a LOT of abuse of the report to moderator tool by a lot of members here as means of personal vendettas against one another and other useless crap and this needs to stop NOW! I have been away for some time due to being very sick and depressed due to the holidays...and I come back to this. This is not what I wanted to start my new year off to.

I kindly ask that every member here to please read King Cobra's post above carefully and take into consideration that the report to moderator tool is NOT to be used for any other purpose other then to get hold of a staff member to report a offending post. This tool is not a little playtoy to use to harass one another with and if things do not stop I personally will disable this tool for everyone and everyone will have to learn to live without it if a few people refuse to abide by the rules that have long been set down here on this forum.

I checked my email tonight and seen there was a few hundred emails all about useless reports by members here over trivial matters and I really do not want to see this keep happening. I am personally at the end of my rope as far as patience goes and for me to admit to this says a lot since I am known for my patience...but now even my patience is running very thin.

From this point forward I would like to see everyone please grow up and start paying attention to the rules here or I will start handing down bans personally and I don't care if it is a friend of mine or not that I have to ban in order to keep some sense of order around here.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 09:08:08 AM »
"The Boy Who Cried Wolf" comes to mind.
At this point, we're close to disabling the feature entirely. It no longer has any real purpose apart from entertaining people who like to step on others.
- Of which we want no part in.

Keep your personal feuds off the board and only use this tool when it's absolutely necessary.

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
If I find the reports in my inbox and the other mods haven't taken care of them, I'm banning right off the bat.

Use your reports wisely! <3

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:49 PM »
All I can imagine is some 10 year old reporting someone solely for not uploading a mod.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
Maybe we should change it o 'Emergency Report To A Moderator' ?

Maybe bad idea though.  I've been on other sites where this same problem existed.

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:01:32 AM »
Well, I don't mean to butt in high staff work since I'm not part of the high staff, but if you'd ask my opinion, I see that you can just disable it if it causes all these problems. Anyone wanting to report something to the moderators can PM them instead.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:47:32 AM »
That's not a bad idea, Mo.
If someone is experiencing harassment or want to report something inappropriate, they can do so by talking to us and explaining to situation.
It'll not only help us figure out what to do, but also assure the user that action is being taken.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 05:14:04 PM »
Well, I don't mean to butt in high staff work since I'm not part of the high staff, but if you'd ask my opinion, I see that you can just disable it if it causes all these problems. Anyone wanting to report something to the moderators can PM them instead.
When reporting to admin, does it also send what they have reported? I have never reported anything to the admin since i never really had a reason to.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Yes it does...But most don't explain very well.

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 04:17:39 AM »
^That's why it'd be better when PMing a mod instead. If the reporter didn't explain everything well, the mod can reply asking for more information.

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »

You're not butting in, you're being inquisitive. Nothing wrong with that!

And suggestions are always welcome. :)

Offline Spaps

• Spy
  • Mahlons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 09:20:40 PM »
Hmm... Report button you say? It would be a bad time to make a full-hearted joke
But this seems interesting so I'll just say: Dayyum.