News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool  (Read 4208 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
------------IMPORTANT NOTICE------------

Since we're speaking about important notices, I have my own to mention....

There has been multiple occasions where the "Report To Moderator" tool was abused. In case anyone doesn't know, I will explain this tool....

The "Report To Moderator" tool can be found in the lower-right corner of each post on this forum. It is meant to be used in reporting posts that contain inappropriate content. When you click on that tool it will bring you to another screen and ask you to put in a comment. That comment will be sent in the report along with your email and username.

This tool is for the sole purpose ONLY of reporting inappropriate posts. This tool is to help the Bully-Board Community report any issues to the staff, spam being an example. MISUSE OF THIS TOOL WILL LEAD TO A BAN.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:53:02 PM by King Cobra »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Use Of "Report To Moderator" Tool
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
I have noticed some members in the past using that tool to ask questions....mostly of me in regards to the modding section...etc and I firmly agree with the main purpose of the report to moderator tool being used ONLY to report inappropriate posts or such.

I also have noticed some newbies asking me questions by posting messages to my profile...etc but I have been basicly ignoring those....

I do however have a suggestion for the time being to help keep some of the misuse and spam down......assuming there is a option for this in the forum....chrissy would know this better then I would ....is to limit who can use the report to moderator tool by either post count....like say if the person has say....30 posts at least (that way they can be expected to have a better understanding of how a forum is to be properly used) or just keep anyone that is not a registered member of the forum from even using it.....

If I had access to the source I could code a little addon that would allow all of that and then some....but since I don't I will simply just make a kind suggestion.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
                 --------NEW IDEA!*--------
Well if a thread gets deleted make it get moved to a unused spot only admins are allowed to view.
No Hyper links for anyone to see.
This will help fixing the problem of deleting threads as we know trolls will do it sooner or later....
Have it where it is just moved into a new area thats off limits for Members.

xNarumi
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:40:30 PM by xNarumi »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
^ That's what they do, lol.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:51:13 AM »
I have noticed some members in the past using that tool to ask questions....mostly of me in regards to the modding section...etc and I firmly agree with the main purpose of the report to moderator tool being used ONLY to report inappropriate posts or such.

I also have noticed some newbies asking me questions by posting messages to my profile...etc but I have been basicly ignoring those....

I do however have a suggestion for the time being to help keep some of the misuse and spam down......assuming there is a option for this in the forum....chrissy would know this better then I would ....is to limit who can use the report to moderator tool by either post count....like say if the person has say....30 posts at least (that way they can be expected to have a better understanding of how a forum is to be properly used) or just keep anyone that is not a registered member of the forum from even using it.....

If I had access to the source I could code a little addon that would allow all of that and then some....but since I don't I will simply just make a kind suggestion.

I made it back when the abuse of that tool was happening far more than now. That's the warning as a result.

As for your comments in your profile, it's harmless. You can place restrictions on those comments or delete them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:00:30 AM by King Cobra »