News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer  (Read 347887 times)

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
Re: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer
« Reply #570 on: July 04, 2015, 09:27:37 AM »
^ Well, okay. Sorry about that
I have no intention to spam this thread
I just show my interest on what mad is talking about
and he already stated that he will explain it on another thread if someone show interest on it
Trigger.img hard locks ped counts...especially in freeroam. I can explain how to do this in another thread if you like.  8)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #571 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
No need to apologize, Rambo.
What we do need though are some ideas for what people want to see.
Whether or not these ideas will ever become a reality is up for speculation (and the devs, of course), but it'd be interesting to see some more ideas.

I think what we need is some kind of Hide & Seek Gamemode.
It goes a lil' somethin' like this...
There is a total of 12 players. 4 of them are Prefects, the other 8 of them are Students.
The students have to hide somewhere in the school halls in lockers, trashcans etc.
The Prefects have a limited time to find and bust every single one of these Students, so it's a matter of luck when it comes to hiding and finding.

If the Prefects catch everyone in time, they win. If not, the Students win.

Offline Shrimp

• your official b-b's chav. wag wan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
No need to apologize, Rambo.
What we do need though are some ideas for what people want to see.
Whether or not these ideas will ever become a reality is up for speculation (and the devs, of course), but it'd be interesting to see some more ideas.

I think what we need is some kind of Hide & Seek Gamemode.
It goes a lil' somethin' like this...
There is a total of 12 players. 4 of them are Prefects, the other 8 of them are Students.
The students have to hide somewhere in the school halls in lockers, trashcans etc.
The Prefects have a limited time to find and bust every single one of these Students, so it's a matter of luck when it comes to hiding and finding.

If the Prefects catch everyone in time, they win. If not, the Students win.

Yes, just yes.
The main menu should work like Garrys mod, you have a variety of gamemodes to pick with a browser history and a refresh button.

Also, rooftop should be executed in Free-roam.

What about interiors, how would it work if someone is in a interior, and someone else is out of a interior?

Offline MyU

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bully MP
« Reply #573 on: July 04, 2015, 03:46:52 PM »
What about interiors, how would it work if someone is in a interior, and someone else is out of a interior?
They just won't see each other!
It won't break the game if player x,z is in the school and y outside.
Discussions are nice as long they are releated to the mod ;-) And as swegta said no need to apologize.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #574 on: July 04, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
Discussions are nice as long they are releated to the mod ;-) And as swegta said no need to apologize.

In sa-mp you can see the other players despite the areacode being different... it only affects which interiors textures load.

Btw I know this is not a big deal but is there any way you can enable the test area back (areacode 31)? I think you have to add it manually in main.lua.

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 04, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »

Isn't there a way to see each-others? It's shit if we cant, SA-MP could do it.

Offline MyU

• View Profile
    • Bully MP
« Reply #576 on: July 04, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »

Ofc you can see each other if you are in the same interior.
I just misunderstood your question.
Also if you look at the screenshot's you'll see p3ti and swegta in some interiors
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:30:08 PM by MyU »

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 04, 2015, 06:19:11 PM »

Ofc you can see each other if you are in the same interior.
I just misunderstood your question.
Also if you look at the screenshot's you'll see p3ti and swegta in some interiors

I feel blind, lol thank's for the notice.

Also.
If this is free, would it work in a way like if you purchase it; you have the server files and you need to set it up in the host you use, is it like that?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 04, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »
The thing I would prefer to see the most here is really...keeping the ingame AI fully intact and have the capability to do coop missions. Now that I have the lua scripts all cracked....Doing coop mode for missions (depending on how the mod works with lua and how all of the various hooks in it work with the game) would really be a popular thing. People anymore are tired of just dm or team dm modes...I myself am totally tired of that since I have done both along with other modes for a long time now...many many years...with my clan which I intend to resurrect once this mod is released.

Allowing the server operators enough control to enable this would really be great. If it is not going to be in the mod then that is the choice of the dev team and well...as mom always says: It is what it is....lol.

@MyU

How do you intend to help stop cheating? Since this is the one thing that has ruined a LOT of games over the last several years online....

I remember back during my avp2 days I was helping a good friend and fellow modder..Bunny_s who created his own dedicated server mod and we blocked for the most part...all of the most used cheats (the cheaters eventually won however and totally killed that game for the entire community....since it is no fun playing when you have xx amount of players flying around...unable to be killed...shooting through walls....using ammo that can track you even around corners....etc) and his method however for doing it were pretty complex and it required a ton of number crunching. I know I am a decent programmer....but what he did was way over my head since it required some serious math skills which went way above what I myself have.

Allowing server operators to develop custom scripts that allow account based systems will be a good thing too since it will allow people to keep track of their stats...etc. Also...I very HIGHLY suggest that you look into a guid or hwid based banning system. This will prevent any banned people from coming back into a server to cause trouble...since the only way I know of to get around a hwid or guid ban is to completely change the hardware around in the computer that was banned. That can get quite expensive if you know what I mean....good way to punish the cheaters....rofl.

Those are just a few good ideas for you all to chew on.  I WAS Trying to help out with the dev stuff in the very beginning (in an advisory role only) but had to walk away quietly due to personal reasons...personal stuff in my life has just been hectic anyways so it made being part of that quite impossible for me. Hopefully P3ti doesn't have a harsh opinion of me for that.. Since I heard through the grapevine that he was not pleased...Since I really didn't contribute anything before I was forced to walk away from it...but things don't always go as planned for some of us sadly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:08:10 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 04, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »
Oh, and I forget, admins should have a noclip feature; teleport, health, style, weapon, ped spawner ect but there is ranks like Operator, then then Admin, then Super-admin.

Offline MyU

• View Profile
    • Bully MP
« Reply #580 on: July 05, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
@Shrimp:
You're able to script all these things even atm, expect noclip.

@|XF|-MadmaN[AR]:
Keeping the Bully AI intact would be a tedious and with the stability the game has a crashy act, don't even want to talk about the fact that the server is not aware of physics and stuff still we thought about something like this and maybe it will be possible but as for now not.
And we simply can't trust client syncing the game mechanics for one and another.

Part of the answer you can find already "k) How will you prevent hackers from ruining the game?
Anti-cheat measures will be added to the mod, but it's just a matter of time. Scripters will be able to create their own variation of scripted anti-cheats and breaking these will be much harder due to each of them being slightly different."

Still I'll go a bit more in depth for you (even if I can't go that further into).
Our current plans are fighting against the cheats with regularly updates, and for sure some things placed in the client as I was / I am really active in the game "hacking" scene we know many ways to make it just harder.
But that's just a simple description of what we want to do, talking more about it would make it easier for people to understand the techniques in the end so even tho I wanted to talk about our evil plans to make cheater's life hard, It simply would not be effective.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #581 on: July 05, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »
@Shrimp:
You're able to script all these things even atm, expect noclip.

You can noclip with PedSetFlag(gPlayer, 43, false)

Offline ahmad_nofal

• YO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 05, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »
finally i got the playstation 4 and i won't play with you guys bully MP for a long time :P

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 05, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
finally i got the playstation 4 and i won't play with you guys bully MP for a long time :P

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 05, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Such a shame,we were having so muc fun playing it...Ah,maybe next time  :(

Aanyways,on the anti-cheat thing:
I don't think (at least on the beginning) there'll be too many cheaters as long as there's no point...But it's good to hear you're also thinking on that!

And,how does that Noclip thing works?