News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Multiplayer Mod  (Read 65144 times)

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Multiplayer Mod
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
Even if we did were not AND WHEN I SAY NOT
WERE NEVER MAKING IT FOR THE WII, PS3, Or XBOX360
It is illegal and we don't want trouble for pirating the game
You are discussing "ISO .EXE CRACK" which is pirating the game.
So no, were not doing it for the Wii.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:00:57 PM by LemonGrab »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Bully Multiplayer will not be looked into by myself until this fall. Once this fall comes I *MIGHT* look into developing it and/or building a modding team to get this done. I will NOT however make any promises since we still need to figure other things out about the game first.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:42 AM »
One thing that remains is that most of us (except for Mad and Red, maybe others) lack the knowledge within coding a multiplayer function for a game.
This is not something that can be done in one day, you know.

It'll take time, effort and a lot of help will be requirred.
This is way beyond my knowledge, even though I would very much like to be on the project and learn along the way.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 05:52:03 AM »
I know this project didn't start but I really want this project to start. I always wanted a bully multiplayer version, If the project will start, mad I would like to be a beta tester, You can do any test you want to check if im trustworthy or what ever. If there is gonna be a bully multiplayer coming in a year or 2, I would propebly do what I can to support.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 06:02:16 AM »
ROCKSTAR could had added it there damnselves but noo
they were scared of tha Golden Man who would go after them....John Bruce Thompson!

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 06:38:28 AM »
What would be required to get this show on the road?

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »
Project Manager
C++ programmers....at least 2 or 4
Art Designer
Troubleshooters
Beta testing team
LUA Coders. Need at least 4

That is where it currently stands. Is this realistic? I firmly believe so. Is this somthing that can be done in under a year? I doubt it. 2 years minimum is what I would put as a realistic time frame to complete this project. It could be done faster if we had a very very very large team but for a team that size....

Thats what Mad says.

I think that the team can be like this (well atlist some of it) :

Project Manager : ?
C++ Programmers : Red(I think he said he knows C++, ain't sure), Xnarumi (He said he knows C++ if I remember correctly)
Lua codders : Red, Mad,SWEGTA,Steman(If he is active lately and tried out lua, I dont know much about him)
Art Designers : Mad,Walter (and a few other talented B-B members that I dont remember their names, but they do a great job)
Troubleshooting : ? (what does that even mean?)
Beta Testing team : Me (If you guys think you can trust me) and some others worth trust.

Its all up to Mad,Red, Steman and propebly you to SWEGTA, but I dont know who is better and who is not. I think the project leader should be one of you guys.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »
I think that we should put Mad in charge and elect him the project leader.
Since he is the one with most of the talent and knowledge within this subject.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 07:16:26 AM »
I agree with you but :

Project Manager (this is a role I would prefer not to have)

I deleted the () when I posted that quote, didn't think they were neccessery. I just hope mad changed his mind and will lead this project.

Offline Maddjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
i would like to help but am not a modder if someone can suggest me some websites or docs that teach  coding and modding i will try to read it, i really wish that the project starts, i will also try to search for some other talent modders to help you

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
coold0c: I know very basic C++. I'm nowhere near qualified enough to tackle a project of this magnitude.

Also, narumi can only hack (basic hacking). He doesn't actually know how to program or script.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »
What about Tetra and Steman?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
Fred Tetra would be my ideal second in command for this and would be my pick to be the senior coder since unlike us...he actually does coding for a living and is very good at it.

I also can code in c++ but I am limited in what I can do since netcode is quite complicated and a tad bit beyond my own skills in any coding....however I can code enough to actually of use on this project.

I also plan fully to lead this project since I know the direction it needs to go in order to be successful. Rise To Honor also can do lua very well...on teh same level as I can since both he and I have been teamed up for quite a while now doing the player selector mod since we both started work on that massive mod ever since NTAuthority made it clear he was not going to finish or release his version. So we basicly continued on where he left off but using all our own code.

This fall I will create a signup application for c++ programmers and LUA programmers to join the team and I hope to build a very large team since then we can get a lot accomplished and hopefully in a shorter time frame.

Till then....I suggest someone make a topic somewhere to get ideas for what they would like to see put into the multiplayer mod and it will be a permanent idea scratchpad for my future team (hopefully) to reference and see what can be realisticly done.

Until then though...there remains quite a lot I want to get accomplished since it will make our lives much easier on even doing this large of a mod.....main thing we need is to tear apart the bully.exe as completely as possible to get any ideas on its full internal structure....as well as crack the .idb file format and the .ipb file format and then try to crack the .cat files in act.img since those files also need figured out on how to extract them.....once those are all done.....then it will pave the way to really get this mod going and hopefully done.

As far as testers go...IF we get to a testing stage I will hold a signup period for exactly 7 days and after the 7 days...close the signup and then get started on the testing stages....but I don't expect to get into a public testing stage until at least a year after the mod is started since while bully and gta san andreas share a lot in common....there is also a lot thats different between both games....and porting sa-mp to bully may not be as easy as one would think.

We can also port multi-theft auto as well since it works in a similar way...but I would prefer sa-mp due to being skilled in the pawn programming language which is what the server mods for that use.

Offline Maddjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
If you mean what suggestions would i want for the mod are:
1.To be Able to open the MP menu from the main game launcher.
2.To be able to host a small room for you and your friends.
3.To make more than one modes to play with friends(death match\Coop\race\etc...).
4.Easy interface with MP menus and familiar text and theme(not other themes and text shape and color).
5.The ability for server runners to modify the city and add more stuff to the map.
Thanks

I will not post in the wrong thread again, sorry guys! xoxo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:26:16 AM by SWEGTA »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
There is a wishlist topic in the same place, post it there :D