News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA Mod  (Read 213989 times)

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
Re: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA Mod
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »
One thing, for the "Custom fighting style", will you use johnny's beta style?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
At the momment the only way to use it is in a mission. Maybe getting derby's AI in free roam could do it  :hmm:

Offline Rise

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
At the momment the only way to use it is in a mission. Maybe getting derby's AI in free roam could do it  :hmm:
Bully SE Johnny's Beta Style in freeroam

Is This what you mean by Derby's AI in freeroam lol

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:54 PM »
Oh ok

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
What Language do you speak?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:22 PM »
Just as a update.

I am still working on the mega mod but just been too backed up with other things outside of bully lately and havent had the proper time yet to deal with this.

Atm I am working on the first major mod of the world map which will be the complete removal of the boys dorm interiors and exterior building model from the game and replacing it with a modified copy of the girls dorm along with modified spawn points for students and for a teacher on patrol it will feature mr burton as I think he is most appropriate for this.

Here in a few days depending on how far I get with things...I will post a few screenshots to show the progress of things which will be located on my first post in this topic so as not to litter the topic with tons of posts that could otherwise be added to the main. (this one probably should be added there too but a bit lazy atm to bother with that).

I will however correct imod on what he said about NTAuthority's scripthook which is in fact a actual scripthook and not related to any ingame lua script liek what I am doing. I managed to find out some details regarding how his scripthook works which is similar to how gta scripthooks work which is a custom coded .dll file that is loaded when the game runs and gives you options not normally accessible in the game....scripthooks are coded primarily in c++ and are a bit complex to make unless you are very good at programming. I could make one that way but prefer using the game lua scripts instead due to the fact that it will prevent the need to have a third party addition to the game like a dll or even trainer from being needed just to access certain parts of the game.

I very highly doubt that NT has managed to get the full debug menu working since the game has to be built with debug mode activated in order for that to be used and I so far have not managed to fully activate that....but I do have a character selector in progress which on first glance seems to be similar to how NTAuthority did his...but mine uses a totally different approach so it should not be confused with how his is done.

When mine is activated there is a few seconds lag then you get transported to the lobby inside the school building right before the stairs and you can then select the character you want which lets you not only play as that character...but you also gain their animations and fighting styles too so there wont be any need to mod fighting styles when using this mod however atm it has several bugs which prevents me from releasing it to anyone....only imod has a copy of it since hes helping me with figuring out some things regarding debug mode...and I will however add for Steman's benifit...this script was made using the method we discussed in our group chat that I mentioned about picking part the scripts and injecting pieces of different scripts into a blank .lur file and then try running it....which proves my theory was correct...but is insanely difficult and in all reality....I was incredibly lucky in even getting that method to even work without crashing on startup.....

On the other hand...when this script is ready...I will post it in the downloads section for immediate download....and it will be featured in my mega mod as well which that mod will have several versions available for download.....

I also will state that I have a working map editor now that I am polishing up and I will post in a few days screenshots of it in action as this actually does work...but still quite a lot of work to do before this will be ready for the community to use since atm editing the bully world map requires a lot of effort and is most definately not for the newbie to attempt since you have to modify a lot of different files just for one small change.

I will post more about this in a different topic so as not to steer this topic away from its point since the map editing will take some time to explain to everyone just how to do.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »
Wow, this is amazing Mad. I appulade you and the rest of the people who have been helping.

So will this have full styles? I mean, it would feel so cool just to swap skins in the touch of a button without having to do it with IMGTOOL and all that.

So, the one you are releasing, is it bullyimod123's version? Or just a tweaked version of bullyimods version?.. And, wouldn't this file be really large to even  upload?

But once again well done

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
Man, that's just amazing. Seriously.

One more thing though: Have you tried replacing in-game models with the high-def ones you did?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »
Bully SE Johnny's Beta Style in freeroam

Is This what you mean by Derby's AI in freeroam lol

But...but  :o

Well done...

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
Man, that's just amazing. Seriously.

One more thing though: Have you tried replacing in-game models with the high-def ones you did?

Not yet, but I have done some quick tests to see if it even can be done and it can be...but will require a lot of work...mostly custom rigging for the new model since the old rigging most likely cannot be used in any way so this will be somthing that I will not put any time limit on due to how difficult it can prove to be.

I do have the bulletin board in the game (the msg board in the boys dorm and in other places in the game) which will serve as the mega mod's help center and am polishing up brand new replacement startup screens, working on a custom hud and other little things for this mod. Later today I will update my first post with more details on what has been updated and what has not...what is done and what is still being worked on...etc.

I am also working on a custom credits page in the mod to give proper credit where due to other modders who's work I am using (with permission of course) and so forth. I would like anyone that wants to donate any mods to this to pm me about it and I will add them to this since I plan for this to be the biggest mod for bully and this will hopefully be made compatible with the ps2 version of the game since I have confirmed that all of my mods work on that.

Offline Floymin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »
As it has been a while since the last post, I just wanted to let you know that there is someone still interested in your progress.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »
The interest is appreciated but atm I have put the mega mod to the back of the list due to having to concentrate on the lua scripting....trying to get as much of that ready for everyone as I can and it is difficult since there is a lot of guessing involved for rewriting the scripts that didn't fully decompile.

I do have a few fully rewritten but once I finish the first issue of the modding magazine for the bully community...I will then release the custom compiler and the stock scripts I have on hand that can be used.

Offline Mr.Preppys

• Your Arrogant Can Be Your Downfall
  • Amateur Bully Modder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel ! :)
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »
Can't Wait to download this ! :cheernutz:

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile