News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Dialogue  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
Dialogue
« on: December 13, 2006, 04:43:18 PM »
Did the dialogue at some points make people cringe? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bully and I obviously wouldn't be here if I didn't. But the dialogue kind of sucked at some points. "Tough guy"? C'mon Gary, your evil genius can think up better insults than that.

Offline RushGSP

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »
I don't think the dialogue ever sucked...especially Gary's lines. The voice acting made him seem so real. :)

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »
I wouldn't call Gary a genius but maybe it would've been better if he said funnier stuff but the dialouge in Bully is great.

Offline Layzie

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:19:42 PM »
I wonder which/or would looks better

Bully On HD-TV
Bully-On X-Box 360
Bully-On PS3

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
I'm not saying ALL the dialogue sucked. Just at some points.. Guess it was just me then.

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »
I wonder which/or would looks better

Bully On HD-TV
Bully-On X-Box 360
Bully-On PS3

Stay on topic.

Anyways, yes, I do agree with you. The dialogue for some of the characters was ridiculous, but that's what made it humorous!

Offline Gui

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
Don't forget that the majority of characters are pretty young and childish, don't expect something too elaborate from them, the dialogue has to be credible and fit the characters.

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
Oh I know some of the characters are young. I'm not expecting a bigger vocabulary, just slightly different wording. But even the wording didn't fit the characters at some parts. Like Mandy sarcastically called Beatrice 'friend', that felt out of place to me. Come to think of it, I feel like a lot of people sarcastically called people 'friend' a lot (Gary in particular, but he was a Nazi for halloween so that makes it okay). It could be just a school thing, who knows.

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »
sometimes i felt like a 10 year old when hearing some of the dialogue.. but some was quite witty.. i don't like the way jimmy takes control of cliques tho and always emphasises himself being the boss

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »
Jimmy sucked as the boss, he held the crown for a few hours.

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 03:59:26 PM »
It was more like 2 hours. And another thing that sort of made me go 'Umm..' was that, did anyone else notice that everyone in the game was a complete dumbass? The clique leaders in particular. The whole 'fall' of Jimmy made no sense. I know Gary was behind it and whatnot, but everyone completely overracted at things that aren't related to Jimmy in the least. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Jimmy because I could really care less, but I'm baffled at how the gym burning down would be his fault. Or how Johnny getting sent to the asylum after beating people up was also Jimmy's fault. And the rats in the library... None of it makes sense. It would've been more clear if the writers had actually made a connection between Jimmy and the incidents. He wasn't even framed! Gary just made shit happen and everyone's loyalties fell through a plot-hole.

Bully_Nut has a point. I felt like Rockstar was trying to dumb it down for the audience even if some of the other dialogue was hilarious and witty.

Offline RushGSP

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »
^ Yeah, I know what you mean...nothing was connected to Jimmy, everyone just took Gary's word for it.

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »
I don't think Gary even explained that it was Jimmy's fault o_o;

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
Dialogue
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 10:32:09 PM »
I loved Gary's lines in the game, they made him ten times better.

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 06:53:13 AM »
But then again their loyalty was won by fighting them. To get true loyalty you need to get them to respect you. A bit off topic but doesn't Gary really remind you of Hitler? Not just that he dressed like a nazi at Halloween but that he convinced everyone Jimmy was the enemy and that he could save them all etc.