News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Take2 and Bully 2  (Read 3789 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Take2 and Bully 2
« on: July 08, 2022, 10:17:07 AM »
I'm sure most have seen the behavior of Take2 and their constant lawsuits against modding communities. Mainly for GTA and RDR 2. Take2 uses their legal team like a spear which doesn't help since modding is already being slowly killed off with the online-only direction things are moving. You can't mod a server. The company has the control.

I think an interesting question is that if Bully 2 does come at some point, will anyone be able to mod it without facing Take2? Take2 is becoming more and more money hungry and it's going down the same path Konami did. Make one or two games and just run on hope with nothing to fall back on.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:14:50 PM by King Cobra »

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: Take2 and Bully 2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 11:06:22 AM »
If Bully 2 is online only then no, modding is not possible. I don't think T2 would be stupid to the point of even trying that though.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 04:21:08 PM »
I don't see it going online only. Certainly stupid to do.Take2 would however defend any new release, since to them, modding is worth going to court over. Just to mod Bully 2 you could end up facing a legal battle. Often the company with a lot of money and legal backing wins.

I also feel out of the entire list of titles from Rockstar, GTA is clearly being pushed the most with RDR following. This is a very bad business model since it's exactly what brought Konami to where they are now. Find the real money makers out of all games and just ride it into the ground.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 04:24:05 PM by King Cobra »

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 06:07:10 PM »
Bully 2 online would be awesome

Offline pumpkin dance

• Friend of all ladies in bullworth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 01:17:03 PM »
Let's be clear, it's all here!

Bully 2 is not a priority for Rockstar because sales are disappointing!
https://www.reddit.com/r/bully/s/dAkbhBFvxF

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 12:10:05 AM »
Irrelevant to the subject but whatever.
We must support the community again and increase sales!
That's not gonna do anything lol.
1.5 million as a PS2 exclusive isn't that bad imo but when you compare it to San Andreas, the highest grossing game on the console, then yeah. Usually I would ask for proof of some bigwig at Rockstar saying "Bully 2 won't be profitable so ┐(ツ)┌" but in this case yes I absolutely believe money talks, and GTA makes big money.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:15:37 AM by Hayley »

Offline MickerMacker

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/gtano1fanmighty
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 02:07:22 AM »
I mean, for sure, people will be able to mod it, but how long those mods stay up is the question. Take Two is stupidly ignorant about some of the mods they DMCA. It'll carry on into GTA VI, and if Bully 2 ever releases.