News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: I need help for making 2 different mods work!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline sawyerford

• View Profile
I need help for making 2 different mods work!
« on: April 13, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »
I love this two mods: Ultimate Selector V2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEUQ2C8erg&t=139s & Beta Boys Dorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl9Q8pJVpLg

The problem is that both mods include "Scripts.img" & "Scripts.dir" files so they replace eachother. I have 0 knowledge about modding but from the research I did, I did this steps for "making multiple scripts mod work at same time":

I extracted "STimeCyc.lur" from Ultimate Selector V2 Scripts.img file (using img tool), then renamed it to FR_MS0R1.lur (as it is supposed this name is for multiple additional freeroam scripts) and imported it to the Beta boys dorm Scripts.img file(using img tool again), then "rebuilt archive" for saving it. It didn't work, the selector simply doesn't show up, like it is not installed...

I also tried this .lur replacement process but doing the import with "MSR_generate.bat" file I downloaded in a post I saw, I guess some of you will know the program I mean, basically for importing stuff to scripts.img but with windows black console. It still doesn't work, as it is basically the same thing I did with IMG tool but with other program.

Can anyone help me to make this two mods work please? I really need them both !

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
Re: I need help for making 2 different mods work!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:04:04 AM »
The MSR tool is only for running multiple STimeCycle and ArcRace1 scripts.
On the other hand, Beta Boys Dorm mod does not use STimeCycle or ArcRace1 script.
These are scripts used by the mod:
- Gdorm.lur
- 1_02A.lur
- 5_09.lur
- 6_01.lur
- BOYSDORM_5_09.lur
- BOYSDORM_6_01.lur
- BOYSDORM_Monitor.lur

In this case, you don't have to use MSR due to the reason above.

I personally have no idea what scripts used by Ultimate Selector Mod V2.
So i think it's better to put Beta Boys Dorm mod scripts that i mentioned before into the Scripts.img from Ultimate Selector Mod V2.

Offline sawyerford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 08:35:52 AM »
This is what I needed, I replaced those scripts (even though some of the ones you said doesn't exist like - BOYSDORM_5_09.lur - BOYSDORM_6_01.lur) , and it worked!

You are one of the creators of the beta boys doorm right? thanks a lot for making this mod  with your friend and for helping me for mixing it with other mods.

But, I've encounter only a problem, I'll link a video for reference:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfqushNYc4

Is this a common bug in your mod? Like that Rusell is bugged like this? or maybe I forgot to add some .lur script / it is a bug for having this mod combined with Ultimate Selector, which modifies "Act" files for fixing some issues with fighting moves so it can cause this?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 09:00:11 AM by sawyerford »

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »
(even though some of the ones you said doesn't exist like - BOYSDORM_5_09.lur - BOYSDORM_6_01.lur)

To be honest, i kinda forgot about it lol. But i am pretty sure V2.3a should have BOYSDORM_5_09.lur at least.
You are one of the creators of the beta boys doorm right? thanks a lot for making this mod  with your friend and for helping me for mixing it with other mods.

Yep, me and TailzFuzion worked together back then.
I was on the scripts and he was on the textures, we complement each other in this project.

By the way.. thank you. I believe Tailz will be happy to see this appreciation as well.
But, I've encounter only a problem, I'll link a video for reference:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfqushNYc4

Is this a common bug in your mod? Like that Rusell is bugged like this? or maybe I forgot to add some .lur script / it is a bug for having this mod combined with Ultimate Selector, which modifies "Act" files for fixing some issues with fighting moves so it can cause this?

This mod seems to have minor incompatibilities with mod menu, i guess. My knowledge wasn't good enough to think about compatibilities back then.

However, you need to test it in order to have the right conclusions. Try to uninstall one of them and see if Russell still have that seizure or not. If you have no scripts mod left to uninstall, try to uninstall any Ide.img mod you have. Hope it can help.

Offline sawyerford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 10:47:48 AM »
No problem man, you both did a great job on this mod and released it so everyone can enjoy it, thanking you both is the minimum I can do. I've seen a modder named Cautious that did also a great job with his version, even managed to make new models and collisions in the boys room itself, but sadly no NPC spawn in there yet so I prefer your mod.

By the way, do you mean there is a more updated version of your mod than the one I have? As I can't find those files you mentioned in the current one. I downloaded this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl9Q8pJVpLg&t=42s

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »
I've seen a modder named Cautious that did also a great job with his version, even managed to make new models and collisions in the boys room itself

Must admit, Cautious did amazing job. I'm very impressed with his recreation.
By the way, do you mean there is a more updated version of your mod than the one I have? As I can't find those files you mentioned in the current one. I downloaded this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl9Q8pJVpLg&t=42s

There should be two more updates since v2.0, they are v2.3a and v2.7c.
I redownloaded the mod, but Tailz did not seem to update it even though there were few major issues going on.

Here, this is the latest change i made in 2019. Download v2.7c.

Offline mhdt

• 中国!中国!中国!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 06:35:48 PM »
Ultimate Selector V2 not only include StimeCycle.lur,but also include "actnodes.lur betaanimation.lur loadallanim.lur"

Offline sawyerford

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 08:56:08 PM »
I've seen a modder named Cautious that did also a great job with his version, even managed to make new models and collisions in the boys room itself

Must admit, Cautious did amazing job. I'm very impressed with his recreation.

There should be two more updates since v2.0, they are v2.3a and v2.7c.
I redownloaded the mod, but Tailz did not seem to update it even though there were few major issues going on.

Here, this is the latest change i made in 2019. Download v2.7c.

Wow, thanks a lot man! I did a quick test and I already got a cool situation with it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmgqealeDs preppies vs greasers and luckily Johnny and Derby were there so it was even cooler!

Offline sawyerford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »
Ultimate Selector V2 not only include StimeCycle.lur,but also include "actnodes.lur betaanimation.lur loadallanim.lur"

Thanks. I forgot to mention I asked the author of such mod about it, I'll quote him:
"The .lur files I used are
StimeCycle.lur
spawning.lur
actnodes.lur
loadallanim.lur
betaanimation.lur"