News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Glitched Textures since starting Chapter IV  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Intra

• View Profile
Glitched Textures since starting Chapter IV
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:22:58 AM »
So Sorry to be asking for help regarding this issue, since I didn't find other threads suited enough to do so.

This happens to me since starting chapter IV, day or night, only on exterior of buildings in campus grounds. Textures half-loaded on town area.

This is not a vanilla install either. I placed the Texture Overhaul mod, Increased Draw Distance and ReShade. It was working peachy up to this point. Scholarship Edition

Any hints?

Offline mhdt

• 中国!中国!中国!
    • View Profile
Re: Glitched Textures since starting Chapter IV
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »
try to limit adjust?

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »
Bully is a poorly optimized game. Stuff like that can happen out of nothing with that much stuff on screen.

I played the game countless times with reshade, no issue. (yet again is easy to just unload all effects)
Maybe if you return the render distance (draw distance) back to normal will get solved?
If you still have issues, try that and also getting vanilla textures back.

When modding goes wrong, it's a good practice to return no vanilla and try again step by step (mod by mod).

By the way, if you still have issues after that there is a good chance you messed up your save file  :ajajaxh5: (it's very unlikely, but wouldn't surprise me that much)....

Offline Intra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 07:40:41 PM »
Bully is a poorly optimized game. Stuff like that can happen out of nothing with that much stuff on screen.

I played the game countless times with reshade, no issue. (yet again is easy to just unload all effects)
Maybe if you return the render distance (draw distance) back to normal will get solved?
If you still have issues, try that and also getting vanilla textures back.

When modding goes wrong, it's a good practice to return no vanilla and try again step by step (mod by mod).

By the way, if you still have issues after that there is a good chance you messed up your save file  :ajajaxh5: (it's very unlikely, but wouldn't surprise me that much)....

Thank you for the insight!

Actually this happened right before the Draw Distance mod application. I was searching to solve this to the best of my abilities and stumbled upon the DD mod and found it neat to try, understanding to be no correlation to that and this textures glitch.

I will follow your suggestions as it seems to be the sad next logical step. Thank you very much

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 03:27:05 AM »
The issue here is likely with the Texture Overhaul mod.
You either installed it incorrectly, or the author didn't do something properly for the Chapter 4 textures, as the game uses different ones during spring.