News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: LUA Script Button Input Mod Help  (Read 868 times)

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
LUA Script Button Input Mod Help
« on: September 11, 2021, 12:25:37 AM »
Hello. I want to make a lua mod for myself where pressing certain inputs (like the show main and secondary tasks) performs a certain action. The following actions I want to be performed are

Show Secondary Tasks - Reset Jimmy's PedSpeed to 100 and give him his player fighting style until he's knocked out (its just for missions that softlock due to my ide.img and pedstats for Jimmy being heavily modified)

Show Main Tasks/Missions - Have the player perform Johnny Vincent's 3 hit combo where he knocks Jimmy down and spits on him

Lock Back - Give Jimmy a Volcano 4000

I could just use the Selector mod by Altamurenza but my game crashes after like 20 minutes with a huge script mod like that and as much as I love those mods I would like to have a mod that's just a lot smaller and doesn't feature some of the changes or have some of the bugs in them.

I don't know if I have to create a new .lur file for Scripts.img since my only experience with lua prior are ArcRace1/ArcRace3D.lur mods that spawn peds with edited pedstats/fighting styles and faction respect.

I would greatly appreciate any help   :happy: