News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Important Question!!  (Read 7599 times)

Offline Poters

• View Profile
Important Question!!
« on: May 30, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »
Hello modder legend of the game Bully,
I want to ask you.
Why do you have interesting knowledge but used as privacy, such as changing animations, demopiler applications, Source Bully.exe, and so on, why should you make your knowledge private? while you have retired to make bully game mods without telling the knowledge you have !! >:(

Hi dude, there are still many people who like mod mods for bully games, but if a legendary Modder like you has more knowledge but instead becomes privacy, that's really ridiculous, the current Bully novice modder won't develop if you don't share yours knowledge.

I know that currently the Bully Board forum is dead, but I'm sure there are still some people who are still active on the Bully Board, because Bully Board is a place for people to share knowledge and learn to make mods.

The point is I only want legend modders like you to share your Knowledge without making it Privacy :)

Sorry if my English is bad. :D

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: Important Question!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 06:49:51 PM »
well.... First of all, it's the modder's choice to keep their work private, no one is forced to release something they did, and no one is even under the obligation to do anything.

Second, there are some things you should be carefull when releasing stuff. The example you gave about the game's executable (bully.exe), it's been decompiled a long time ago (if you search for this on this forum you can actually find it), there was even a video attached to it which was removed for some reason, and I never even had the chance to watch it. Someone has the source code for the executable, but releasing it to the public is illegal. TakeTwo can sue you for it. The same applies for any other example you gave.

If you refer to the decompiler used to decompile the scripts when talking about "decompiler applications", its even harmfull for the community, as it would give someone access to other people's private scripts and they could claim the work as their own.

Something you definitely don't want is to cross TakeTwo's legal path. They have sued modders before and even rockstar intel, a comunity news page for simply for existing  :o

Offline Poters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 08:24:53 PM »
Ok, I understand, thank you for answering my question ^^

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 10:51:47 PM »
Exactly what Razc01na said.
Nobody owes anyone anything... they're allowed to keep their knowledge to themselves.
It's just how it goes.

With that, I'm locking this topic. Nothing more needs to be said here :sleep: