News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Adding fighting styles to some peds and others  (Read 4961 times)

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
Adding fighting styles to some peds and others
« on: April 23, 2021, 11:15:51 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this community and I'm not really familiar with IT stuff and such, so expect me to say or ask some dumb stuff. I play bully on my android device and I wanted to make some alterations which can't be easily done using simple modding/editing techniques such as the HxD and notepad (not the ++). I already made some changes to some peds using my laptop. I'm still in the process of learning LUA (script) editing, so please teach and guide me on this one, or if someone would be so kind to do this one for me, then I'd be very grateful.

All I need is to insert these modifications to the Scripts file. Here are some changes I propose:
*Juri with bearhug, powerbomb and the boston crab (yes, those only apply to Juri since I gave him a different stat; STAT_WRESTLING_LUIS while Luis stays with the J_Grappler_A)
*Change Bryce's fighting style to P_Bif (health not included)
*Add back the unused shoulder barge of J_Melees
*Add that evade & uppercut (not the chasing one) and that charged left/right uppercut move which deals 30 damage (I don't know what it's called) to Derby
*Add back Johnny's tornado kick
*Add back Ted's unused blocking and highly responsive projectile evasion
*Apply all Jimmy's grapple reversal to all the bosses
*Add boss Gary in free roam (I can't change the fight style using HxD since the file is only limited to 488kb)
*Make townie Zoe appear in free roam after Complete Mayhem (I'll just remove the non-clique Zoe)
*Add complete mayhem Russell in free roam, but with the BOSS_Russell stat (that means there's going to be 2 Russells in free roam)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:27:00 AM by diAlectic »

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Adding fighting styles to some peds and others
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:57:40 AM »
That's a lot of stuff.
Most of it isn't possible, as far as I know. Modifying the fighting styles isn't really done via Lua, but via editing the .cat files, which no one really knows how they work.
deadpoolXYZ's the only one who messed with those.

I think you'll be able to change Bryce's fighting style by using SetupPedObject() in Lua (you can use the same function for having Boss Gary and Complete Mayhem Russell in freeroam).
The function works by basically compiling all the info you see here in order.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
 I was able to do some of this stuff by using a mod by Derpy54320 and adding stuff to its script such as the J_Melee_A Sholder barge for example. I also used to believe this stuff was impossible, but due to the script Derpy wrote you are able to add some of this stuff and actually make it work in the game, it's amazing! (only worked for offensive moves/action nodes, however)
If you want to I can try to apply some of this stuff like the shoulder barge and share it with you, but at the same time, this is Derpy's work so I would prefer to share it in private because I don't feel comfortable just posting stuff which is her work.

here's a link to her modd: https://www.mediafire.com/file/04cfvg9alv4d4tm/difficulty_alpha_2.zip/file

Some of this stuff can be done without lua, tough for a lot of things lua seems to be the most efficient. For Ted's block, you'll need the J_Ted fighting style (his tackle is buggy though) which can be added in a similar way that the Nemesis moveset can be added to Gary in the ide.img. However, the example Simon gave might be easier because changing styles that are only a few characters long can be a headache since you would have to change or move other stuff around to complement it.
You can also ensure that Derby uses his counter uppercut by increasing the second evade stat in the pedstat.dat for Derby (there is both evade frequency and evasion if you change evasion to about 40 or 50 he will do it frequently). He will then have a higher chance to do his duck uppercut if grabbed in his boss fight (or if he has both his Boss style and AI) as well as his boxing evades.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:07:34 PM by Micha »

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply. Attached to this is the modded script file Ii'm using, intended primarily for AE edition players. I take no credit in creating this file, for I just found this one on youtube. All rights are reserved to whoever made this (forgot his alias).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x2vwnggjzkn59ur/Scripts.img/file

Edit: so I tried the mod you gave me and it seems that there are some restrictions applied to the player ped to make things fair for the NPCs. If you were to edit the script.img I provided, please just insert the unused/removed fighting styles and nothing elese. Thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:08:11 PM by diAlectic »

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »
Since Derpy mentioned in her original mod that she was ok with people using her stuff as long as they linked the og mod decided to do what you asked. All the credit goes to her though, because her script makes a lot of this stuff much easier to do. Stuff which without this script I probably would not have been able to do at this point in time.
I would also credit SimonBestia at the same time because he helped me a lot in terms of understanding the script which has allowed me to understand what is necessary for mods to be able to work.
I refuse to take any of the credit.

I put together a little care package for you, which does most of the things you asked for, it includes the script.img and script.dir as well as an ide.img and a pedstat.dat where I've already changed some of the stuff to make Darby do his duck uppercut for example.

Edit: I forgot to elaborate that I also added both the STimeCycle.lur and STimeCycle.lua files just in case you wanted to look at them. If you're new to Bully modding there is no way you could know what their function is so my apologies for not explaining.

The StimeCycle.lur file is basically where the mod is located, it's the encrypted script and should be inserted into the script.img file, I included it in case you wanted to add the modd manually. The StimeCycle.lua file is basically the script in case you wanted to look at the script and what was done with this mod. Neither of those files are necessary for the mod because I already inserted the STimecyle.lur file into the Script.img file you provided.

As for the other stuff you asked, I was able to do quite some of it. Except stuff like Johnny's tornado kick because the action nodes available for it  are a lot more confusing, it says something about importing the 2_B.lua script similar to Darby's chase uppercut that I also wasn't able to add.
Stuff like adding townie zoe back in endless summer I have no idea how to do. Same thing for adding Jimmy's grapple reversal to other bosses and stuff dealing with the Boston crab. When it comes to the Complete Mayhem version of Russell, his health stat in complete Mayhem is multiplied by 7, so if I were to give him the BOSS_RUSSELL stat it would mean he would have he would have a total of 4550 hp in complete mayhem. So I instead just increased his health by 7 outside of missions with a maximum amount of 800, the same as freeroam Russell.

I was even able to make sure that both Derby and Bryce change to the BOSS_Darby and P_bif moveset and their equivalent AI only in combat while keeping the normal AI out of combat to make sure nothing weird happens. Just so you know there appears to be a weakness with the P_Bif moveset given to Bryce, because he appears to not be able to run while in combat with you. You have to remember that it'sa moveset made for the boxing minigame, but outside of that it works quite fine (I gave Bryce a grab as well as the punch combo and uppercut of the P_Striker_A moveset to make up for it).

Only thing is that I had to replace the STimeCycle.lur file inside the script file you provided in order to add all this stuff  So there was no way to know if I removed something added beforehand because it's all encrypted.

I hope you enjoy it, and please check out Derpy's stuff because she's amazing and a much better modder than I could ever hope to be.

Update: in case you were experiencing issues with loading a savefile I made an updated a second version that fixes it:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:46:26 PM by Micha »

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 09:26:43 AM »
Cool man, thank you so much for doing my request! And yeah, I tried some of her mods, pretty nice alterations though, especially that sheldonator mod (lol). But then again, I'm just glad that she lets other players make some contributions or further developments to her excellent work, so yeah, I'm grateful to her as well.  :)

Edit: have you attached the file to your latest comment? I can't see it anywhere tho, or maybe I just don't know how things work here since i'm pretty much new to this community 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:33:18 AM by diAlectic »

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 10:42:42 AM »
It should be attached to the comment at the bottom, it is at least visible to me. But I made sure to add a MediaFire link to my previous comment in case that's just easier for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:45:16 AM by Micha »

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 07:49:43 AM »
Aight man, thanks. again!! <3 :)

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 08:10:21 AM »
You're welcome, but it's mainly Derpy who deserves praise. This is her work, I just added stuff to it.

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »
One more thing, it crashes every time I open the game. What I did was pasted both the scripts, img and pedstats to each of their particular folder, though I didn't mind both the STimeCycle files. what do I do now? are both the STimeCycle files vital to make the mod work? if so, do I have to put both the STimeCycle to a specific folder? and if yes, where to?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on computer stuff lol, I might be bothering you. And PS, I never tried or played the SE edition, so that's why i'm too dumb for these stuff.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
No worries you're completely fine, this is stuff you learn with time; you're not bothering me at all. I think I know where the issue is. I think the script file you provided might not have merged well with the mod. This escaped my notice because I tested it in my own script but I didn't try it with your file specifically. Wait a moment and I'll fix this in a sec.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 10:13:40 AM »
Try it out now, I used my own script file this time.

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
the same link?

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 10:27:54 AM »
I updated the link already, if it didn't pardon my idiocy/adhd

Offline diAlectic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 12:47:50 PM »
I'm gonna make this all-out, I might be bothering you for constant requests. This comment might be long, but I'm gonna be specific and clear as much as possible.

This comment is divided into 4 parts:
A. Requests
B. Ide description
C. Pedstat description
D. Files, some questions, suggestions and clarification

Okay, so the mod works now, though there's some minor setback; it crashes every time I load a saved game. Overall, the mod was fantastic and fun to use and I like fact that you gave Johnny that same punch which the G_Melee use when an enemy is knocked down (not out) even though I forgot to mention it. Also, I would like you to remove some fighting moves to some peds. I'm already contented with all the standard fighting moves of all clique members with the exception of leaders, 2nd-in-command and some chosen non-leader clique members. I'm not sure if the fighting move is either entirely or partially dependent of the script, but if not, it's up to me to change it by editing the ide.img using HxD. I'll attach my version of the pedstats.dat and the ide.img at the very bottom of this comment so you can use it as a guide for editing the scripts, and that is, if you're willing to do it, since I asked for too much stuff.

A. Here are some changes I propose (again):

- Have all the non-special clique members changed their fighting style back to the standard ones (ex. J_Striker_A only uses J_Striker_A), I'm pretty much contented with it, with the exception of the bosses, 2nd-in-commands and some chosen regular peds like Bryce, Casey, Bo and Juri. This only applies if there's any, since I just made a speedrun of the mod and saw some jocks using some of boss Gary's move. I wanted it remove, additions only apply to bosses and some selected common peds.
- If possible, since J_Striker_A and Ted uses almost the same tackle move with the same damage, what if you apply the J_Striker_A's tackle to Ted so that we can avoid that buggy J_Ted tackle animation? also add the J_Melee's shoulder barge to him.
- Give Edgar that same ability of grapplers to "grab tackle", headbutt (townies) and that six-punch counter-attack by grapplers when grappled, since he's pretty much stereotypically and essentially a street fighter.
- Give Tom (see at the ide.img section of this comment for further understanding) that generic ability to grab and perform a gut punch, head punch and knee strike (see deadpool XYZ's video, part 2 demo: generic attacks).

B. Description of my version of ide.img, don't make changes if not necessary (these are to highlight my changes, let this be your guide for editing stuff I mentioned above):

- I changed all of the cliqued women members to non-clique and gave them Bif's stat.
- Tom uses the STAT_J_MASCOT.
- Norton uses the STAT_TEST_BLOCKER.
- Omar uses the STAT_DO_MELEE.
- Juri uses the STAT_WRESTLING_LUIS.
- Ricky uses the G_Striker_S move and the stat STAT_G_STRIKER_S.
- Gord and Tad uses the P_Striker_B move as well as the stat.
- Justin and Chad uses the P_Striker_A move as well as the stat.
- Parker and Bryce uses the P_Grappler_A move as well as the stat (don't apply P_Bif to Parker, again, this is just a description, make changes if necessary).
- Wade and Davis uses the STAT_B_STRIKER_B.
- Ethan, Troy and Trent uses the STAT_B_STRIKER_A.

C. Description of my pedstats.dat (make changes if necessary as well, this is your guide):

- The small members of the cliques Bullies, Preppies and Greasers have 105 HP, 110 HP for medium members, 125 HP for Preppy grapplers and 150 HP for Greaser grappler.
- The small Jock members have 110 HP, 120 HP for melees and 150 for the grapplers.
- All regular Townie member posses 110 HP.
- Increased HP and other stats for 2nd-in-commands; 350 HP for Bob (though, unofficially), 500 HP for Bif, 600 HP for Norton (i hate peanut, all my homies hate peanut), 400 HP for Damon and 300 HP for Omar.
- Increased HP and other stats for bosses; 200 HP for Tom (yeah, made him one lol, unoffically), 500 HP for Derby, 300 HP for Johnny, 600 HP for Ted and 400 HP for Edgar.
- All young adult women (Eunice, Beatrice, Angie, Christy, Pinky, Lola, Mandy and Zoe) has literally the same stats as Bif.

Well, that's it, sorry for keeping you busy and I appreciate your effort to help all noob modders. ="]

D.
Edit: Damn it, I forgot to provide the link to the file. I won't be uploading the Scripts since I didn't make any changes to it.
ide.img - https://www.mediafire.com/file/zs7biry0orvs4xn/ide.img/file
pedstats.dat - https://www.mediafire.com/file/wol4elh4cayade6/pedstats.dat/file

Edit 2: I checked the pedstats that you gave me and saw some additions when compared to mine... how did you get those? did you make them up? if that so, then all I have to do is to make up a duplicate (if limited to 2 or B) of it via notepad? like for example, it's already innate in the game to have 2 striker-type preppies, thus the A and B, but then I wanted to make a new stat (not move) so like, I'll make up a STAT_J_STRIKER_B... is that how it works? lol

Edit 3: With regards to all the bosses' fighting styles, mostly stick to deadpoolXYZ's standard ped demonstration video and add it with the moves I requested previously and currently because it reduces the chance of a ped to perform their unique move like the 6-hit combo in the case of Derby, and because I like it that way. For Derby, that dodge uppercut and charged left/right punch was fine as it was originally part of Derby's move, but remove all the moves which aren't included in the video. For Johnny, stick to the video as well, but add all of the G_Ranged_A's moves. For Edgar, Tom and Ted , stick to the video as well but add it with each of the moves I provided them above. This edit no. 3 is almost like section A., but with few additions and some clarifications.

This is probably my last edit. You don't need to add some of my requests if you can't or impossible. Just do it according to your ability to do so.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:45:32 PM by diAlectic »