News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Can I add some assets of the beta game while keeping some from the final game?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline DrNefarious97

• View Profile
I downloaded a Bully beta mod in two separate parts from moddb and wondered if I could selectively incorporate some aspects of the beta version while disregarding the rest or if I had to download it wholesale. For instance, I prefer the Preps' Aquaberry vest in the final game to the plain one of the beta and would like to retain it as well as preferring some of the models of the final game also.

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
You mentioned how you don't want certain peds' earlier appearance.
Just... don't install those. You'll have to add everything yourself manually, so it's up to you.

Unless the mod comes as some sort of installer or something, in that case you don't have any control.

Offline DrNefarious97

• View Profile
You mentioned how you don't want certain peds' earlier appearance.
Just... don't install those. You'll have to add everything yourself manually, so it's up to you.

Unless the mod comes as some sort of installer or something, in that case you don't have any control.

I understand what you mean - opening world.img on the base game with IMGtool allows people to replace individual files, but I don't know what an equivalent to that would be for the mod's files. I could open Trigger.img and Ide.img from the mod but I don't think that they house texture files. I'm I using the wrong tool and do I need to look for different files?

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
It's only World.img that contains textures (.nft) and models (.nif) of peds and other stuff.
The mod should come with those to change peds.
Just look for the ones you don't want to change (the peds have their name in the file, so they should be easy to spot), and don't replace them.

IMGTool is fine, but I'd recommend IMGFactory, as it's much more modern-like, and allows you to easily drag and drop files.
However, due to it not having support, it will crash when opening it. You can fix it by disabling its access to the firewall.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:39:26 AM by SimonBestia »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
I played around with IMGFactory a bit. Fails to 'install' on my end. I managed to fix it by extracting the exe with 7z.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
I have used G-IMG for a while now and works fine with bully.

The only downside is that you have to replace \ place the files one by one or else there is a chance some of the files will not be transferred at all.