News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Free roam Boss styles-Difficulty increase-population  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
Free roam Boss styles-Difficulty increase-population
« on: February 12, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »
Free roam Boss styles-Difficulty increase-population

https://bully-board.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=240

Hi, I’m Micha and this is me trying to dip my toes into the modding world. What I’ve tried to do with this mini-mod basically is put together most of the commonly requested things by bully players. That being: the spawning of missing characters into freeroam, adding most of the missing boss-styles to most characters, increasing the difficulty of the game, and making it that different cliques spawn into places like the boy's dorm as well as some additional stuff.  I’m basically posting what I wish I could have found more easily when I first played Bully, which is an easy way to make the game even more fun and difficult.

To ensure that I cover everyone’s preferences as much as possible I’ve created multiple difficulty scenarios with different pedstats files, ranging from close to the base game to hard. In multiple of those scenario’s I’ve also added other optional additional choices such as having Peanut, Gord, and Norton’s mini-boss health and Bryce’s boxing Bryce health as well as the choice to have stronger versions of the Clique leaders in Complete Mayhem. I’ve also increased the amount of Preppies spawned in Old Bulworth Vale and allowed other cliques to roam in the school area as well as other things. All to ensure that you could have the best gameplay experience that suits you best. Anyways, I worked with many files for this mod so there's definitely the possibility that I overlooked some things; if that's the case I'll try to upload a version with improvements soon.

Download Link:

https://bully-board.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=240

Additional download links:[/u]

Here is a version that fixes a minor issue where I noticed Ted sometimes t-Posing in Complete Mayhem due to something I overlooked that was missing in the ide.img file.

Fixed V2 version link: https://bully-board.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=e23e45291840c1ccb58c402112d423b7&action=downloads;sa=view;down=241

In this post, I will basically go through most of the changes I’ve made and what you can expect from this minimod.

This will include
1-   Changes to character spawns and move sets
2-   Changes and multiple options of difficult
   a.  Base and Classic
   b.  Default-Micha’s choice
   c.  Daring
   d.    Hard
   e.   Ultra-Hardcore Infinite Climax
3-   Changes to population spawn
4-   Instalation

Changes to characters and movesets:

The first changes I’d like to go through are the ones made to the ide.img file. All the clique leaders have been added to free roam as have missing or deleted characters such as Pete, Gary and Bob. Most of the missing boss styles have also been added to their respective characters. The only exceptions are Ted and Darby, whose boss move sets I’ve added to their Complete Mayhem versions, but not to free roam.  I had my reasons for that, because Ted’s moveset is buggy at times and can get stuck and Darby requires that you either add his Boss AI or remove his dodge stats which affects his bossfight in chapter 2 (I did, however, ultimately create a second ide file with Bossdarby in freeroam if you prefer that version). Russel was given his Russell_102 moveset that uses some of his boss moves instead of his boss moveset for similar reasons to Darby.

An additional significant change I’ve made is that I separated the stats of certain characters in both ide.img and pedstats files. What this means is that I’ve created new stats for characters like Norton and Casey separate from their original STAT_G_GRAPPLER_A or STAT_J_MELEE_A for example which was shared with other characters. This has allowed me to make them stronger than characters like Hal and Bo who have a smaller body type. This has also allowed me to create stronger versions of the clique leaders for Complete Mayhem since that mission uses different character models. Other example of small changes include adding Ms. Peabody as a prefect as well as changing Bryce’s moveset to P_Striker_A to basically turn him into Boxing Bryce (since the P_Striker_A moveset is probably the best in the game aside from some bosses and Jimmy) and giving Bob a stronger moveset.

Changes in difficulty:

When it comes to the changes in difficulty I made, I created multiple different scenarios in different pedstats.dat files of which you can choose what you like best. I personally like the game to be much harder, with high increases in attack rates, blocks, and dodges but still like to keep the classic ‘beatemups’ feeling it has and without increasing health by all that much. However, if you want the game to be even harder with a high increase in health or prefer to have it closer to the base game I made sure to cover all these different options.
 I will now go over all the main difficulty scenario’s I’ve created to give you an idea of what they all offer:

Base and Classic:

When it comes to base difficulty and classic my main idea was to keep most of the classic health of most characters in the base game.  However, while I’ve kept things as such with most smaller characters I’ve made some significant changes I felt were necessary.
The main change is that most characters that have a huge body type have had their health increased to 300, examples include jocks such as Casey and Juri. When I first played the game I always thought it was weird that these huge sporty beefcakes had almost the same amount of health as smaller characters, so this change was a must for me. I also changed the health of some individual characters:

- Johnny Damon and Ted have had their health increased to 500
-Norton to 400
-Characters like most Grapplers who aren’t huge such as Chad as well as characters like Peanut and Bo have been given 200 health while Hal has 225.
-Most Bosses have also had some health buffs to make them more interesting to fight against; the Boss version of Norton for example is also additionally faster and will kill you in 2 hits.

I’ve created in total three difficulties for the base and classic, Base being closest to the base game with some small changes. Classic health with moderate changes , which increases attack rates, dodge, and blocks to around 90. As well as Classic Health yet Harder (I know, wasn’t feeling specifically creative with the names, if you have a better idea let me know) which increases most attack, block, and dodge rates to around 200.
There are always exceptions with some characters and bosses, for example in the harder version Damon has 800 attack rate because he is supposed to be Damon and do Damon things. Such as rip out your entrails, offer your organs as a sacrifice to the lord of light in hopes of resurrecting Azor Ahai and after that eat your heart cooked with onions and garlic sauce.

For all those difficulty versions I have also added scenarios that add the additional mini-boss health of Gord, Peanut, and Norton and increase Bryce’s health to 500 to fit his Boxing Bryce stats as well as increasing Damon’s health even further to 675.
I’ve also added an additional scenario, for all these difficulty versions, which increases the health and stats of all the clique leaders in Complete Mayhem, to turn them more into legitimate boss fights each (other changes include giving Earnest a guaranteed Spudgun). There is also a scenario that combines the miniboss health and this scenario.
I even made an additional scenario that nerfs Jimmy’s weapon damage by 50% for those of you who agree that especially the slingshot is way too overpowered.

Original:

I also made sure to include an original and an adjusted original version. These are pretty much the same as the og game with even the boss' health being kept the same. The only real changes are balance changes to the health of some characters based on their size (the main example being huge peds). I made sure to include this for those who enjoy the base game as it is.

Default-Micha’s choice:

This is basically the difficulty in which I prefer to play the game, with some increases in heath and a similar increase in attack rate as in the harder version of the base difficulty. Examples of increases include the preps at around 150, greasers at 200, and jocks at between 200-400 depending on size. Characters like Damon and Norton have 750 and 650 health respectively.  Also, the Complete Mayhem version of clique leaders is stronger and most bosses are harder. Basically as stated before, my goal is always to make the game harder but still keep most of its “beatemups” aspects; which is also what makes it fun. I want to still keep the fun aspect for players and not make it unplayable.

Daring version:

This version is for those who want a more significant increase in health, while attack and block rate is increased in a more moderate amount of mostly 90-100. The health on the other hand is increased by a large amount. Preps have between 200-300 health, Greasers between 300-500, and Jocks between 600-700 (smaller ones have less at around 300). Boss like characters like Damon and Bif, however, have a massive amount of health ( as much as 2000). For clique leaders like Johnny and Darby whose boss fight health is capped at 500 and 300 in the mission scripts, their freeroam version has more moderate health at around 500 and 700, while their Complete Mayhem version is significantly stronger. In this version, characters take longer to be defeated and lose some of the game’s beatemups aspects, and it is not exactly my cup of tea. However, if you like this approach this one is for you.

Hard:

This version is really hard, it combines a large increase of health as seen in daring and a large increase in attack, block, and dodge rate as seen in default.  No offense but, if you choose this version, I’m kind of starting to wonder whether you’re a masochist. If you really want a much harder challenge than in the base game, this one is for you.

Ultra Hardcore Infinite Climax (It’s a Bayonetta reference you sheep):

Muahahahahaha, GOOD LUCK SUCKER.
(Seriously if you beat this version I bow down to you sir, this was not made with the intention of being fun but with the thought that no one in their right mind would choose it)

Population:

The changes I made to the PedPop.dat file, allows students from other cliques to spawn into places like the boy’s dorm (except for prep’s because they’re obviously sleeping in their fancy houses) as well as the school halls inside the school. It also spawns a few teachers in the school halls and area during class hours and curfew to ensure good little boys and girls behave.
With the Population.dat file, I’ve ensured that other clique members can spawn in the school area (outside the school building), during class and curfew teachers are now also more guaranteed to spawn there. It also increases the number of preps spawn in Old Bullworth Vale (rich area) to a similar number as the number of greasers that spawn in New Coventry and adds a few students, such as jocks that spawn in the town hall area (I did this because normally you see little of the jocks in-game if you don’t go to the gym).

How to install:

First, you’ll need to access your local Bully files. If you have steam this can be easily done by selecting Bully SE in your library, selecting options, then manage, then selecting find local files.
The files included in this mini-mod include an ide.img, which needs to replace the ide.img inside the objects folder inside your local Bully files. Within the difficulty section, you'll find many pedstats.dat files with different scenarios, choose one to your liking and use it to replace the og pedstats.dat file which you can find by opening the config folder and then the dat folder in your Bully local files. The PedPop.dat file can be found in the same place and can be replaced by the one inside this zip file.

The Population.dat file is a bit trickier, you'll need an IMG-tool to insert it inside the Trigger.img folder located inside the DAT section. You'll need to open the Trigger.img file and replace the population.dat file inside of it with this one. This will increase the number of preps spawned in Old Bullworth Vale and allow other cliques like the jocks to spawn within the school grounds. If you feel uncomfortable messing with the files like this, that's completely fine, the rest of the mod works perfectly without it.

Here is a link to install the IMG-Tool:
 https://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=63

I would like to thank you for trying this out, it's pretty much my first time posting anything here. If there's anything that needs to be improved I'm all ears. I hope you are able to enjoy the game even more with this.

See you around,

Micha
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:47:27 AM by Micha »