News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: This IS a problem  (Read 6929 times)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
This IS a problem
« on: December 20, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
I love Bully-Board, I always have, a few bad experiences aside, it's like my home, this however is honestly unacceptable. I hate to make a topic about it, but it really needs to be publicized and something needs to happen to keep this board alive. I've had multiple friends try to sign up for this site and not even get approved. The point... the admins here are VERY inactive. Here, check this out, these are the times the admins were last active as of 12/20/2016:
  King Cobra      - 12/06/2016 - 14 days
  Jared           - 11/22/2014 - 2 years
  Chrissy         - 12/09/2016 - 11 days
  AJ Collins      - 12/08/2016 - 12 days
  DGAF555         - 10/10/2006 - 10 years
  |XF|-MadmaN[AR] - 12/05/2016 - 15 days
  DGAF            - 08/11/2014 - 2 years

The MOST recent admin login was 11 days ago, nearly two full weeks. I hate to say it but well, nothing is being done, and I'm scared the forum is dying. It really doesn't help when nobody can even sign up anymore because by the time they get accepted they've given up hope.

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: This IS a problem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:05:00 AM »
The thing is, not every game has a large community, which should be the first priority.

Last time I wrote something was on November 14, but that doesn't mean I'm never active, I visit this forum atleast once a day, but I barely find something interesting to share with people or write something in another topic.
THIS might be another big issue, if people can't share experiences about the game, making topics and/or commenting on somebody else's, there's not a lot we can do to keep it alive, especially if admins give up too.
We know pretty much everything about Bully after 10 years.

I only have faith in modding, believing that maybe, someday, projects like Bully: MP could be released, or map editing could become possible, these are things that could revive the community. (I might be wrong, maybe there are still interesting secrets like easter eggs to find that will attract people, "Easter egg found 10 years after the game's release" but I doubt it)

However, I also find it a bad move for the admins to abandon the forum during this period, it's been a long time since I saw more than 100 users/guests connected at once.
Worst thing is that we can't change avatars or ultimate profiles.

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
map editing could become possible, these are things that could revive the community.
It became possible.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »
Worst thing is that we can't change avatars or ultimate profiles.
I wouldn't say that's the worst thing but yeah, the fact numerous features around the site are still broken after some 6/7 months is pretty ridiculous.

Something to remember is that staff here have lives outside of the internet and may have lost interest in this place or simply have problems in their lives and can't be here all the time. Honestly... with how inactive this place is I personally do not see it as a big deal, at least in terms of moderating things; I pop my head in now and then to keep an eye on things but even that feels pointless because there's nothing going on.

If there is a problem with sign ups then sure, that's a problem too, but overall keeping the forum alive isn't a responsibility for solely for admins. Personally I feel it's more that the game isn't very popular and there's no new content to speak of. Sure there's the recent mobile and Xbox One releases and that may bring just a few new faces here, but I think that a Bully 2 would help out far more, and that's just not on the agenda any time soon.

Believe me, I'm not happy to see this place in the state it's certainly in either but thinking that the admins can single-handedly make this place alive again is a bit silly. I don't mean to sound rude or anything like that, that's just the way I feel like you're presenting your words :)

Maybe they can find a more active person to give admin powers to, but that's not exactly an easy decision. pleasedontmebe
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:20:09 AM by Hayley »

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »
Approved :)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »
I didn't know moderators could approve too.
Neat.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 10:52:08 PM »
The abilities of moderators varies with websites - but quite often you'll find that moderators have permissions to approve new members in order to reduce any workload for the admins.

I do agree that perhaps a little more activity from the would be ideal - but any decision for new admins / moderators should be taken by the (active) admin team.