News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Sound Modding!  (Read 7525 times)

FaZe

Sound Modding!
« on: December 12, 2016, 06:15:53 AM »
As most of you know, recently Rockstar released Bully: Anniversary Edition for iOS and Android, and before this, I mentioned I was going to try to unpack the sound files in Bully, so that we can change the music and speech, etc to whatever we please.
NOW!!
Since Bully AE has been released, this may give me more a chance in doing so. I have in the past worked with APK files (android app files) and they can be pretty easy to work with.
However what raises me suspicion to difficulty, is the fact in which deadpool (might've been GreenOmn) has already modded the game stating that he managed to load a LUA script, which makes me wonder if the sound files will be in the same format as Desktop, although again, they were in XSB/XWB formats, which can only really be read by Windows Machines if I remember correctly, which is why Bully doesn't run on MacOS.. (that's a lot of commas I'm sorry lmao)

If all goes well, and the sound files are in a different format ((preferrably one that iPhones and Android can read,(m4a/mp3)) than we can begin to work with it.

This may take only five minutes, or it may take five years, but everything is always worth a try.

If I am able to manipulate the files in some way, this may allow us to take more a look at the Desktop version of Bully and see how we can work with it. I know there's probably a thousand more people more experienced at this than me but I'd still like to fulfill my promise in trying.

I'll keep you updated as I go along!

EDIT: I have found a copy of the IPA file too, so I'll see if I can do anything with that too!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:04:23 PM by Quinn »

FaZe

Re: Sound Modding!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
I HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO EXTRACT AUDIO FROM THE IOS VERSION OF AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcGhkfpoLY&t=1s

ENJOY M8S

FaZe

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 02:30:27 PM »
and now the topic can be decimated because part two within an hour! converting BACK to .snd

video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzkYJI-Ke2M

this blows my fucking mind because i have zero talent lmao and i achieved this in a space of a few hours. enjoy m8s

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
So what have you achieved? Did you switch a song in game?
I think the hard part will be to repackage the files into the bully music archive.

FaZe

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
Basically Yes.
Repackaging is easy..
Just change the file extension back to .ipa