News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Anniversary Edition  (Read 20268 times)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Bully Anniversary Edition
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
But I have never you guys doing any serious modding.
Not even IPB/IDB file editing.

A mod is a mod, it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is to do, if it has an effect on the game then it's a mod. There's no need to bash other members here because you think you're special because of your fancy tools, and nobody here is impressed be you, in fact if you seen most of our off-the-board conversations you'd know most people here wouldn't give half a shit if you left for good.

FaZe

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 06:34:58 AM »
aye, serious modding. kden. cool dude. you bash us for what we try to achieve, yet you yourself won't seem to help us go too much farther. Get shit done or leave son.

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »
yet you yourself won't seem to help us go too much farther
This statement could be questionable.
I have made some tools that support Bully SE as well.

I'm coming from the GTA community, where the modding is likely much more advanced.
And I'm badly surprised to see, how the map editing is such an integral part of the GTA modding, while still impossible with Bully SE, after so many years.
(or maybe the map modding in Bully SE is already possible, correct me if I'm wrong)

FaZe

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
As far as I know, the community hasn't done too much with map modding, (I know mad and red tinkered with some stuff a while back but I know no more than that..)
I myself am currently working on sound (music, ambience, sfx) etc. So if by some miracle I have a breakthrough, than we can go further with that, but as for everything else, I'm not quite too sure what's going on. I haven't seen too much new happen recently apart from deadpool release modifications for the new Anniversary Edition for Mobile.

If you have time, please do feel free to help out where you can, but most of us are working on something or are stuck in the mud.
SE has kinda become dead for me at the moment since I've been having trouble with the formats. I thought I was on to something but it turns out I was completely wrong by a mile, so I'm currently working on AE and seeing what happens with this..

Any help is much appreciated, but if you have better things to be doing than don't trouble yourself.
You do say we never do any serious modding, so maybe help us out and we can all move forward together.

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »
I have made a tool to edit the IPL and IDE, so the map modding can start if there's enough interest.
If someone makes a tutorial for beginners.
------------------

I still need to get the Bully AE for my phone and then I'll see what I'm going to do next.
It can take a few weeks.

Say, how much does the structure of files differ from the Bully SE?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:04:53 PM by fastman92 »

FaZe

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
For iPhone, the Structure is very different, but I have now managed to fully modify sound, so we can begin to play around and move further in that!
Weridly there's a folder in the .ipa for "bullyorig" which is just all the PC files from Bully SE which I find strange.. but who knows.

For .apk (android)  it's also very different, but also very different to the .ipa which is confusing. You can get the ipa/apk on the internet for free using other methods if you don't wish to pay for it but that's up to you. The structure of files on a whole isn't too hard to get the hang of, but they're all kinda in one folder I feel which makes it a little messy, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »
I have made a tool to edit the IPL and IDE, so the map modding can start if there's enough interest.
------------------

I still need to get the Bully AE for my phone and then I'll see what I'm going to do next.
It can take a few weeks.

Would this process be similar to GTA SA map modding?

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
------------------

It can take a few weeks.

Would this process be similar to GTA SA map modding?
Yes. Just like GTA SA, the Bully uses a concept of IDE (item definitions) and IPL (item placement). These files need to be binary if you want the game to load them.
The only major difference is that Bully uses binary files for these concepts, while GTA has text files.
Because Bully has these files binary (IPB and IDB) you need to use an appropriate tool to work with these files and there comes my processor

You want to edit text files and then you can convert the text .ide or .ipl to binary .idb or .ipb
You can also do the an opposite: convert binary files to text files.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:39:08 PM by fastman92 »

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 07:27:46 PM »
I copped it right away this morning when I saw it was only $7 and it looks awesome. Same everything so far just a little graphic improvement and such is all. Still on Chapter 1 so gotta keep going to see more. I went 15 minutes into trying to edit the IPA file but gave up sorry.

what phone did you use sir?
I have a non jailbroken iPhone 6.

And I Just used the old Samsung Galaxy S4 xD even the OS's still Jellybean.. well some phones had the Shadows Setting..but as far as i knew.. it's useless .. well we only hoped for a Patch like all the other games these days right? Meh..

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »
For iPhone, the Structure is very different, but I have now managed to fully modify sound, so we can begin to play around and move further in that!
Weridly there's a folder in the .ipa for "bullyorig" which is just all the PC files from Bully SE which I find strange.. but who knows.

For .apk (android)  it's also very different, but also very different to the .ipa which is confusing. You can get the ipa/apk on the internet for free using other methods if you don't wish to pay for it but that's up to you. The structure of files on a whole isn't too hard to get the hang of, but they're all kinda in one folder I feel which makes it a little messy, but that's just my opinion.

One folder? the .obb file(s) one? ._.

FaZe

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 03:11:58 AM »
Well you open the .ipa, and inside is a few different folders, one of which contains textures/mesh, and audio, the others just contain data for the game and stuff. I looked no further than the audio since that has been my main goal, which I achieved aye.
If you want an in depth look, you're better off asking Omnitrix, deadpool, or just looking at it yourself.
The .apk is slightly different but I'm sure if you had a look at it you could swing it around. Currently I believe the LUA scripts have been loaded on Android (I could be wrong) and the audio replacements, I did on iPhone, although to fully get the Audio replacements to work, you will need either a cracked version of iTunes, or a Jailbroken phone,
Or IF YOU HAVE A MACBOOK, a copy of xCode so that you can resign the package yourself and inject the .ipa from there.

Hope this kinda clears things up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:19:26 AM by Quinn »