News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Hello BB  (Read 3064 times)

Offline KBF

• View Profile
Hello BB
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:32:51 AM »
Hello there guys, thanks for approving my account in there.

The story with Bully starts in approx 2007 when a friend of mine got a copy for PS2, but to complete the game I had to wait a bit longer. Back then I was also quite into GTA SA, even makings some minor mods, and still love the game, but its also a bit the reason I love Bully. I decided to log in there while reading the NES, which I already finished reading (yeah that was quite a long bit), and right now waiting with most of you for the Bully 2 to be ever announced and silently hoping that it wont compare to a classic Bully like GTA V compares into GTA SA. Cheers !

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Hello BB
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 12:45:56 PM »
Welcome m8. You modded SA eh? Interested in making any Bully mods?

And what's KBF stand for? ...it's not this is it?

Offline KBF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
Yeah, but those were quite simply mods, mostly texture swap or map mods, which back in 2007 was still somethin adorable :P I also managed to write a tutorial about modding SA v2.0, but soon after downgrade patches were in the game, and my tutorial wasnt that helpful since you could easily use SAMI to put mods in game without problems. Then I got a break, eventually making some minor mod in 2010 since I had to focus on going for studies, later just playing the game and practicing shooting, driving, and other stuff like mission strats.

With that little knowledge I dont think I'd be helpful with modding Bully (I dont even know what engine was the game based on, and it surely is not a SA engine, just like the case with Vice City Stories). I was thinking earlier about starting a project with fan made Bully unofficial sequel/spin-off using DYOM, but as I stated it'd require lots of conversions of the map, characters etc. Its not impossible, some guys from Russia made GTA Alien City which looked quite promising for me, but I got simply not much knowledge about that stuff, not to mention a team would be required as well ...

KBF is a short form of KISSbestfan my old nickname, but since its a bit outdated I prefer to use this form ;) Back in 2006 I got really into their music, and Im still their big fan. Its just the times are changing, and now I do not live the band news life everyday.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 10:32:46 PM »
Well if you're interested in modding, there's no reason you gotta stop learning! I could even help you out with LUA modding if you wanted.

But whatever you decide to do, still welcome to the board m8. To be fairly honest, it hasn't been that active in the past so... don't be afraid to start some discussion back up on any current topics or with your own topics. Still despite that though, this is (for the most part) a great forum to be on, and in my opinion a lot more forgiving and laid back than say GTA forums. You'll enjoy it yo.