News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Regarding Downtime  (Read 7503 times)

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
Regarding Downtime
« on: May 26, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »
A few days ago our provider noticed some strange outbound traffic coming from our box and shut it down so that I can review. They believe the traffic was part of a outbound denial of service attack.

I'm still analyzing but at first glance I do not see anything that would indicate a compromise. Regardless, I still recommend that you change your password if you used it anywhere else - just to error on the side of caution. I will be forcing a password reset for everyone soon.

You may notice some stuff missing and the site might seem a little slow. In light of a potential compromise, I've decided to wipe the VPS we were running on and start from scratch with updated versions. It will take a few days for me to properly configure everything -- so in the mean time I've set us up on a temporary host. I've also gone back to a clean install of the SMF forum software and applied only a handful of forum mods. Let me know if you run into any issues.

I apologize for the delay in getting things back up. It's hard to juggle getting the site back up and taking care of a 4 month old.  :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:46:50 PM by AJ Collins »

Offline james004

• View Profile
Re: Regarding Downtime
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:07:04 AM »
Yeah, it was very shocked :(

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:29:32 AM »
No problem at all - I'm just glad to see things back up & running.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
I was so shocked when B-B went down.
Good to see its back.