News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Modder Team  (Read 4050 times)

Offline james004

• View Profile
Modder Team
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
I want to make a modder team, I have lots of ideas to make a mod project or something like that, but unfortunately I didn't have partner, so if you want to join my team please tell me :D

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Modder Team
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
What are your goals with the team? What type of members do you need (scripters/modelers/etc)? What mod projects do you have in mind?

Offline james004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 11:26:24 PM »
What are your goals with the team? What type of members do you need (scripters/modelers/etc)? What mod projects do you have in mind?

Modelers and Scripters

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:15:35 AM »
I can help you a bit with your mods if you'd like but I don't know about a whole modding team thing.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »
Teams are best when there's a lot of members. If there's... say.. 4 members on a forum. You start modding with 2 or 3 of them.

Chances are, a group wouldn't be formed. Since it's such a small community.

that's how it is here. It's not that active here, and as far as i know, the only official NAMED modding teams have been Biblio-Techa which is the leading team, and it was the first, and well known team. It was for like really advanced modders. Most of the modders are inactive now, and the group title pretty much died out over the past year or two.

When a lot of the younger modders were still around (such as: Masterreys, Zakkifier, myself, Gembo etc) they all were like "PLS LET IN BIBLIO TECHA"

then me and mick joked about forming a team once, but eventually did, in mid 2014. and just look where that went.

in other words, modding teams are likely to die out fast. it's rare in small communities that modding teams make much success.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »
Well when I return their will be plenty of projects I have to work on. If anyone wants to join me no problem.

Offline james004

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 10:52:30 PM »
Well when I return their will be plenty of projects I have to work on. If anyone wants to join me no problem.

May I join you?

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
If you wanna work with Sweggy and I on Bullshit you can do that too IF you pass the initiation test...

The test: find where the fuck in memory Bully's lua_State object exists.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
Teams are best when there's a lot of members. If there's... say.. 4 members on a forum. You start modding with 2 or 3 of them.

Chances are, a group wouldn't be formed. Since it's such a small community.

that's how it is here. It's not that active here, and as far as i know, the only official NAMED modding teams have been Biblio-Techa which is the leading team, and it was the first, and well known team. It was for like really advanced modders. Most of the modders are inactive now, and the group title pretty much died out over the past year or two.

When a lot of the younger modders were still around (such as: Masterreys, Zakkifier, myself, Gembo etc) they all were like "PLS LET IN BIBLIO TECHA"

then me and mick joked about forming a team once, but eventually did, in mid 2014. and just look where that went.

in other words, modding teams are likely to die out fast. it's rare in small communities that modding teams make much success.

Modding teams only last as long as there is interest within the group to continue working together.

I decided to break up Biblio-Techa Mods until such a time that I feel like building a brand new team and this is IF and only IF I ever come back to modding Bully again.

The only reason why I even made the team was to illustrate to all of YOU what actual teamwork can do for you. It isn't to compete or to be all elitist or anything like that. It is just so everyone that has the same interest can work together to make something really great for everyone.

There is also the matter of trust as well and that is the hard part. I only allowed those that I fully trusted to even be a part of the team and we each did our unique parts to everything.

Building a team though is a great way to learn good leadership skills as well as making new friends. If anyone wants to make a team then....I say go for it and do what you can to make that team successful.

If I wasn't so bogged down with other projects, I would have Biblio-Techa still going strong today but...in the end....I can only do so much at one time.