News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: In-Game Map - first success with converting!  (Read 10646 times)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
Re: In-Game Map - first success with converting!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 01:37:27 AM »
how come i can't see those pics :(

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 08:53:00 PM »
??

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 05:46:34 AM »
Don't worry - I can't see the pics either.

Remember one of the golden rules of the internet - Pics or it didn't happen, lol.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
lmao. Probably cause they were posted in 2006, and the bandwidth limit was reached. Let's say this: if bully-board was abandoned for 10 years, and nobody went on it or changed profile pics or anything like that, possibly almost every image we posted here (including signatures) would not be visible. They'd all eventually get taken down.

@Phap
why do you keep saying "??"

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
Confuzzled

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 02:49:30 AM »
I have already long ago had the entire map exported and fully reconstructed in 3ds max. Also added the junkyard and other stuff exactly where they should have been. Only catch is....this can never be used in the game because I have merged all of teh meshes into one massive mesh so I can use this for my render work for my upcoming fanfic Bullworth of the DEAD. I can link a screenshot if you really want to see that tho the original map is nothing to write home about and I have also been redoing most of it from scratch MY way...hah.

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »
Only catch is....this can never be used in the game because I have merged all of teh meshes into one massive mesh so I can use this for my render work for my upcoming fanfic Bullworth of the DEAD.

How long have you been working on that?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »
Which are you referring to? The fanfic? or the map?

The fanfic I have been working on for quite some time...nearly two years (most of the time has been taking up due to my redesigning all of the characters and various parts of the map and many other things)

The map...took me approximately 3 days to piece together but I have been slowly merging and combining various pieces of it and redoing every single texture in hd (4000x4000 resolution)

I have been keeping all of this very quiet for obvious reasons as it is a personal project of mine.

here is an old shot of the map when I first started doing this...:

I had not started replacing any textures at this point and everything you see there is just the plain bone stock textures that come with the game. All of the black areas are actually intended to be water/shadow shaders and 3ds max doesn't play well with these due to the differences in how it processes transparency maps vs how bully processes them. Bully uses a different color for transparency than what most 3d apps use and as such....things look horrible. I had not added the junkyard back to the map at this point and this was just the initial rebuild of the map as close to exact as I could get.

Here is a smaller render that I did as a test showing some of the early replacement textures for the school building and some other areas nearby. I have since redone all of that.

Early shot of the school interior which also has been redone and no longer looks like this...

and here is a shot of the redone chemistry class interior. I will at some point soon open a proper thread for this publicly in the story section to show everything that has been done to date and once I have the actual fanfic fully written (will be a very long one) I will post it as well. Writing it though has taken somewhat of a backseat due to the fact that I am concentrating on getting all of the scene renders caught up since this fanfic is being done in e-book/pdf format and will feature a render or two every several pages for key scenes. I am currently expecting the fanfic to be well over 1,000 pages for the first story....and after this one is done...all of the surviving characters will move on to the GTA: San Andreas world where it continues.

I won't bother posting anything further in this thread since I really do not like hijacking other people's topics just to show off my own stuff. Prefer making my own threads for that. But figured I would at least show a few things since there seemed to be some interest  regarding the bully map and some other things.

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
Sicko