News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully SE: Local Multiplayer Mod v3 ~FINAL~  (Read 21668 times)

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
Re: Bully SE: Local Multiplayer Mod v3 ~FINAL~
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
Preview of the Mod :
Bully SE: The Rumble co-op

Nice Mod !
Thanks. You can play missions by the final version. Any missions.

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »
You guys are so kind man by appreciating my mods unlike AfterLife that has commented negative comments about copying idea, leeching and whatsoever. Anyway ShadowRageEX ideas from GTA PS2 Local Multiplayer huh? I might use them.If you want beta testers. Then I'm gonna announce whoever wants to be beta testers then.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:28 PM »
I did something like this in the early days of lua modding, before I released any of the stock lua scripts to the community. Local multiplayer functions are built into the game and the console versions already had this fully functioning. All of this is actually a leftover bit of code from porting the game to PC format from console.

I never bothered releasing any of the experiments I did regarding this since I didn't think that anyone would really be interested in such a mod. Most people want full internet multiplayer and almost noone uses local multiplayer these days. If you want any help...just ask and I can share with you some of my experimental code (this is assuming of course that I can even locate the files...hdds are a complete mess right now..)

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »
I did something like this in the early days of lua modding, before I released any of the stock lua scripts to the community. Local multiplayer functions are built into the game and the console versions already had this fully functioning. All of this is actually a leftover bit of code from porting the game to PC format from console.

I never bothered releasing any of the experiments I did regarding this since I didn't think that anyone would really be interested in such a mod. Most people want full internet multiplayer and almost noone uses local multiplayer these days. If you want any help...just ask and I can share with you some of my experimental code (this is assuming of course that I can even locate the files...hdds are a complete mess right now..)
If you can really help me, then can you help me with TextPrint? How do I find TextPrint files from American.dir or American.img?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
Are you referring to just printing strings or are you referring to the hints/instruction boxes that appear on the screen? Since if you want the latter, I will try to explain how to go about it, only thing is....you will break the game...I don't know any other way to alter that portion of the game without breaking things.

I will try to get time to explain either late tonight (tonight my timezone) or tomorrow if I get a chance. Been super busy with things away from BB and making time isn't easy.

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »
Are you referring to just printing strings or are you referring to the hints/instruction boxes that appear on the screen? Since if you want the latter, I will try to explain how to go about it, only thing is....you will break the game...I don't know any other way to alter that portion of the game without breaking things.

I will try to get time to explain either late tonight (tonight my timezone) or tomorrow if I get a chance. Been super busy with things away from BB and making time isn't easy.
No, I modified TESTMISSIONLOG.bin by Shotgun's modding tools. And now I want to use TextPrint to display them. But how do I find TextPrint things like. TextPrint("M_PASS",4,1) that is the example. But how do you find something like that?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:36:46 PM by UltimateGamer9 »

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »
Update :- New things. I'm going to set 5 choices to set up your local multiplayer mod before you launch local multiplayer mod. New things are:- 2 Players mode, 3 Players mode, 4 Players mode, 5 players mode and 6 players mode. Now if you want more or less  players then ask me to add or decrease.

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
Okay i need this,BETA TESTER REQUEST! >.<

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 10:56:03 PM »
OK! You'll be added to the list

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 11:58:40 AM »

YES! Also when do i get the fileess...? :o

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 12:33:56 PM »
If I remember correctly, TextPrint("M_PASS",4,1) just change M_PASS to the name of the file you edited with shotguns tools. It has been a while since I have done any modding for Bully, or really, any game so not fully sure if I am remembering this correct. Tho keep in mind when I say change it to the name of the file, just use the general name in the same way M_PASS is used and I think it will work. I have done this stuff myself but its been a while so not fully sure I am remembering corrrect.

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »

Umm tomorrow (in Malaysia time zone) Do you have lua compiler? I'll give you the source.

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
If I remember correctly, TextPrint("M_PASS",4,1) just change M_PASS to the name of the file you edited with shotguns tools. It has been a while since I have done any modding for Bully, or really, any game so not fully sure if I am remembering this correct. Tho keep in mind when I say change it to the name of the file, just use the general name in the same way M_PASS is used and I think it will work. I have done this stuff myself but its been a while so not fully sure I am remembering corrrect.
I'm sure the M_PASS text is from GENERAL.bin right?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »
If memory serves I think it is from there.

The text decompiler tool after it is decompiled, you get a series of text files that are named appropriately if I remember right.
Not sure if your using the original release of that tool or not, but I did a english translation for that tool and released it as just that. With credit given to the original author.

Kinda wish I had the sources to that tool since it would give me a few ideas on some other files in the game.

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 10:54:38 PM »

Umm tomorrow (in Malaysia time zone) Do you have lua compiler? I'll give you the source.

I have whatsoever no experience in Modding,Scripting,Coding,Engineering,Anything related to those kinds.
At most i can only recevie and literally replace files and then use/test,etc