News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Extended gender options  (Read 10773 times)

Offline dominateeye

• Boy and Moron
  • HATTRICK-GALLOWAY FITE NITE 2K15
    • View Profile
Extended gender options
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was setting up my account a bit more when I noticed that the gender dropdown menu allows for the option to be left blank, to be set to male or to be set to female. I suggest that we add at least an "other" option, or we could take a page out of The Indie Stone's book and have a completely inclusive list (which I will be very surprised if there is not some kind of code already written somewhere online to do that which we can just copy and paste into the forum's code here. Alternatively, we could ask very very nicely and maybe they'll let us take a look at their code). Either way, I think it would be a positive addition, even if it's a bit token.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Extended gender options
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »
I don't even know if there is an option for 'Other' written into the site's code, or if it could even be added.

I would guess not, given this issue has only really gained attention in the past few months.

We don't really care what gender anybody is,  We'll even take Aliens.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:33:09 PM by BloodChuckZ »

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:52:13 AM »
We'll even take Aliens
Yes, of course you want to take aliens, so that you and your alien friends can hijack the site and take our souls while we're sitting in front of our computers, then you can do your researches on human psychology and invade Planet Earth, isn't that correct?

But really, we don't bother with the gender setting, so I don't think it would be necessary.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:45:15 PM »
In all seriousness, of there was someone here who IS other, they don't have to specify a gender. Some people here are males too, but don't have a gender selected.

Offline Shrimp

• your official b-b's chav. wag wan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:58:48 PM »
^^ I bet no-girl even uses the female option lol.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:15:27 PM »
^^ I bet no-girl even uses the female option lol.
lool yes. Chrissy does. Jimmette(sorry if misspell) does. and other members too.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 12:31:18 AM »
Lots of girls have used the female Option.
Nice and Pink.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »
There are people who are born intersexual or have gender identity issues. These are a small minority, of course.
But they're there nonetheless.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »
Yeah.....But for crying out loud.  This is just like my getting an Auto part at NAPA or something, and the Instructions are printed in French.

Who do I know that lives out here in the goddam boonies who reads French ?   No one.  Do I know any French people personally ?  Out here, No.  What is the point for me to pay a small price of my  part to have Instructions printed in French when I don't read the language, speak the language, or know anyone within a thousand miles that does ?

It's the same here....I don't know any trans-gender people, or Inter-gender people, or no-gender people, and even if I did, it doesn't matter to me anyway.  I just know people.  I don't care what their gender is.  I 'talk' (read "type') to just about anybody.  Do I really want to know if a person is this or that ?  Do I really care ?  No. 
What difference does it make ?   We're all humans.

Now, an Alien from Pluto....That might be interesting.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
i'm an alien.

not from pluto though.

: (

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 05:22:48 PM »
I know that.

I'll still treat you just the same, M'boy.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 07:19:58 AM »
Who do I know that lives out here in the goddam boonies who reads French ?   No one.  Do I know any French people personally ?  Out here, No.  What is the point for me to pay a small price of my  part to have Instructions printed in French when I don't read the language, speak the language, or know anyone within a thousand miles that does ?

I agree with the most of what you say, but this is a pretty weak argument.
Don't get me wrong, I'm with you.
But the problem with Languages is that it has been discussed in private and in public. As far as I know, there might be a French version of the modding section in the future if we get any frenchmen over here. Oui oui!

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »
I was just using that to highlight the gender-thing, in that those types of instructions are as useless to me as the gender thing.  I probably shoulda picked something else to compare it to. 

Like, I know how to be male, hormones in the right amount, male feelings and our reluctance to relate those to others, and all that.  Grew up in a culture with pretty defined limits, the subject of gender was never discussed or mentioned.  Mostly raised in the secrecy of the Elders, so to speak, not allowed to pry at their past lives, which I only leaned of in bits and pieces over the years.  Never encountered "gays" in School, if there were (which I'm sure there was), they chose to keep it quiet and to themselves.

Not that I feel that I grew up in a repressed place or time....Just grew up learning that a person's private life and feelings are just that....Private.   If they care to spill their guts on a public form, or social media, that's their decision, although that's not something I'd prefer to do.  It doesn't matter what the gender (or non-gender) is to me, because I am looking to interact with Human Beings. 

If we were just all like this, it wouldn't matter.......

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »
Yeah. I feel the same about the whole thing.
I've only encountered one openly bisexual guy throughout my entire school life. I'm fairly certain that there are more (since I have been to 4 schools with an average of 25 students per class).

If people want to discuss it openly and share their inner-thoughts, I won't stop them or judge them for it.
I'm not sure about these gender-options atm. I don't mind a change being made. Nor do I really care if a change is made at all.

It'd probably be a hassle to add another option, but who knows. Maybe someone will feel more welcome around the boards if said change is made.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 03:13:13 AM »
There are people who are born intersexual or have gender identity issues. These are a small minority, of course.
But they're there nonetheless.
Intersexual, there's nothing to fix it, it's fine. But identity issues? Isn't that when a kid doesn't know if they wanna be a girl or boy? If you're a boy, but wanna dress like a girl, it's fine, you could just say you're homosexual. Nothing wrong with it.

But the thing I would NOT condone, is closet homosexuality. If you're gay, let it out. Here's why; If you go get laid by a guy, then later on, laid by a woman. You could give someone aids. And they could die.