News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: About modding  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Димитрије Милошевић

• View Profile
About modding
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »
Is it still worth making mods for Bully or has everything already been done/being done?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: About modding
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:20 PM »
Actually, there is more in making story mods, I would think, like Swegta does.   

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
There is a difference between what "can we do" and "know how to do". There are a lot of things that haven't been done in bully modding yet but it's not because we don't know how to do them, but rather because it's out of our reach. For example something that has been wanted for a lot of time was to decompile and edit .cat files, the files that contains the fighting moves from each fighting style. Until this day nobody released an edited .cat file that was decompiled, edited and then compiled back...and I'm not talking about editing the file while it's compiled. Another thing that hasn't been done is to make a major modification to the map, like mapping in gta san andreas (not talking about simple prop spawning but like spawning a whole new place like an island idk). This is because bully modding is not as popular as gta modding...so there weren't many modding tools released.

Short answer: Like chuck said, you can create insteresting story mods or something else. Because there are a lot of things that we can't deal with yet doesn't mean that you can't start with the simple stuff that we have discovered for now.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:20 PM »
There are still big projects in the making by different people.
Just look at the GTA SA modding community. It's way bigger, but people are always bringing new stuff to the table and when they're not doing that, they're trying to do something better.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:55:38 AM »
There is a difference between what "can we do" and "know how to do". There are a lot of things that haven't been done in bully modding yet but it's not because we don't know how to do them, but rather because it's out of our reach. For example something that has been wanted for a lot of time was to decompile and edit .cat files, the files that contains the fighting moves from each fighting style. Until this day nobody released an edited .cat file that was decompiled, edited and then compiled back...and I'm not talking about editing the file while it's compiled. Another thing that hasn't been done is to make a major modification to the map, like mapping in gta san andreas (not talking about simple prop spawning but like spawning a whole new place like an island idk). This is because bully modding is not as popular as gta modding...so there weren't many modding tools released.

Short answer: Like chuck said, you can create insteresting story mods or something else. Because there are a lot of things that we can't deal with yet doesn't mean that you can't start with the simple stuff that we have discovered for now.
Prop spawning can easily be achieved via Lua.

Theoretically speaking, there is no 'end of modding' for ANY game. Being creative is something that plays a big part in popular mods. It doesn't matter if anybody else likes/criticizes it, it matters if you had fun making it. Even if all you did was make a text change color or just even spawn someone somewhere else, it still counts as a mod. However, goals are usually set, but cannot always be reached.

Having fun is all you need to worry about.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 04:13:40 AM »

Theoretically speaking, there is no 'end of modding' for ANY game. Being creative is something that plays a big part in popular mods. It doesn't matter if anybody else likes/criticizes it, it matters if you had fun making it. Even if all you did was make a text change color or just even spawn someone somewhere else, it still counts as a mod. However, goals are usually set, but cannot always be reached.

I really agree with unknown here. Also, I heard that some beta styles might still be in the game, uncovering some beta styles will be my final goal in modding.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 04:56:59 AM »

I really agree with unknown here. Also, I heard that some beta styles might still be in the game, uncovering some beta styles will be my final goal in modding.
That's great to hear, setting goals. I never set goals however, I just freely mess around and have fun now. I went to style modding a bit, got rekt, now got out.

Think of it like this:
You are all relaxed and quiet and calm.
You open a door to a room.
BOOM LOUD ASS NOISE AND MUSIC.
Close that door.
Peace, and quiet now.

That loud door was style modding for me.  :laugh:

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 05:41:39 AM »
How is this possible  :blink:

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 06:46:26 AM »
There isn't alot of custom missions out there. That you can always do.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 07:04:57 AM »
Close that door.
Peace, and quiet now.

I like that analogy. 
Seems like there is an intelligent mind at work here ?

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:22:20 AM »

That's great to hear, setting goals. I never set goals however, I just freely mess around and have fun now. I went to style modding a bit, got rekt, now got out.

Think of it like this:
Close that door.
Peace, and quiet now.

That loud door was style modding for me.  :laugh:
If you don't have a goal, you'll just be modding pointlessly.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
Stop with the quotes, this is getting ridiculous.  Just answer the last post without all this incessant quote shit.

This goes for everybody.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »
What if i want to be a rebel and do it anyway!?

huh!? you can't fucking stop me!  *ALLAH AKBAAR!*

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
Well, yeah, I actually could.

I don't mind an occasional quote or re-quote, but this crap is getting way outta hand when some are re-quoting the last 10 posts. 

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
If you want to learn how a basic mission works check daboss ebola mission, it's open source and has a lot of useful functions that you should learn.

I was talking about major modifications. For example I have played mta servers which have extra islands with buildings and everything and they are not as simple to spawn as a prop.

Well, yeah, I actually could.

I don't mind an occasional quote or re-quote, but this crap is getting way outta hand when some are re-quoting the last 10 posts.

That's why I delete every quote except the last one when I quote someone.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:47:23 AM by The Dream Is Dead »