News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Breaking News.  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
Breaking News.
« on: October 27, 2006, 08:20:51 AM »
I don't know if you have heard this, but it came to me as a shock.

Yesterday my dad was driving home from work, listening to the radio. He knows how much i like BULLY and calls me 'BULLY-Boy' because I'm on it so much.

Anyway, he was lsitening to music and the 'Info-Track' (Gives you important news and traffic info) came on. As it went into news it said 'Rockstars new game to be banned by Blair?' And this is my dads quotes not mine.  he said they said it was 'Full of violence and setting bad examples for children' (Even though its a 15 O.o) and that 'Mr Blair is going to do his most to have it banned by Saturday.'

I for one think this is stupid as NONE of those people have even played it and, it is only a game. They should be more worried about games like GTA where you can blow peoples head off, cut them up using a helicopter blade and see their limbs flying up in the air when they are blown up.

Looks like if you don't get your game by today, the 'Government' is going to get it banned.

Now this is my quote; 'What a load of crap, how can they have a rant about it if they have never even PLAYED a video-game and havn't even seen BULLY in action?'

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:32:47 AM »
lol meh, it may even be a publicity stunt so people go buy it before they think its gonna get "banned"

Offline AjaxWarrior

• The Heavy Muscle
    • View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »
Don't worry. it will never hapen. Blair is shit anyway.

Offline narutonut123

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »
im pretty stupid but isnt blair like the prime minister of the u.k. or something? tony blair? anyway once again games like god of war slip through while a school simulation game gets the most controversy..... no lets not attack the game that has u cutting ppls heads off with a blade and watching there insides fall out after u slice their stomach lets attack the game that gives the message that classes are good and only has bruises!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus this world is screwed up

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
Quote from: narutonut123;19152
im pretty stupid but isnt blair like the prime minister of the u.k. or something? tony blair? anyway once again games like god of war slip through while a school simulation game gets the most controversy..... no lets not attack the game that has u cutting ppls heads off with a blade and watching there insides fall out after u slice their stomach lets attack the game that gives the message that classes are good and only has bruises!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus this world is screwed up

Exactly. About time they started electing SMART Prime Ministers.

Offline Minorkid

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 10:43:23 AM »
u know even if dis is true and dis dikhead bans it, how the hell can he tell allstroes to take it off their shelves. they'll be losing buisness and they can't search everyone in the whole of britain can they??

Offline InsidiousMrMoo

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »
Seems like politicans round the world are jumping on the bully bandwagon.

By them trying to ban it all they are doing is making more people want it.

It's so funny how games like Scarface dont get any attention but because this is made by Rockstar and its in a school.... I swear some parents and lawyers need to come down and play the game before jumping to conclusions.

Offline AjaxWarrior

• The Heavy Muscle
    • View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »
Dosn't Blair have more imporant things on his mind? He was the one who made the arabians mad on the UK by co-operating with Bush.

Offline lancerguy

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 05:09:29 AM »
Yes I know this thread is like two years old, but it isn't closed so I figured I could reply lol. Anyway, there is some guy here in America who has been trying to get the game banned from stores here before it had even been released. And guess what, even though it's been out for awhile now, he's STILL trying to get it banned! How crazy is that? This guy is a lawyer and it seems like he could find more important things to do with his time, but I guess not.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »
Whats he gonna do? the games is already been sold to millions worldwide!

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Breaking News.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
they guy in question is none other than jack thompson. if you search for him you will find that he is the biggest cunt you could ever meet.

Offline lancerguy

• View Profile
Breaking News.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:52:40 AM »
Quote from: Tom;62227
Whats he gonna do? the games is already been sold to millions worldwide!

Yup. It is a lost battle for that guy. Maybe we'll all get lucky and he'll lose lots of money from suing all those people and companies?:)