News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP]UFC/MMA Mod  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
[WIP]UFC/MMA Mod
« on: February 15, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
I really want to drift away from Style modding, but after working with it for a while, it is not going to be easy to come up with ideas for original mods.

I had the idea, that would make most modded styles, to be fun. So, I started working on an MMA mod. Right now, it's not that advanced, but I do have ideas in my mind that don't seem very complicated to do. Here is a list of things I hope to add to it:

• Difficulty Select
• Slowmotion before knockout
• Camera effect when Player's health is low
• Commentator(prep)'s speech in background(Probably wont happen)
• Training (punch bags)
• Stats

Like I said, they are things I hope to add to it, since I will not be able to add most of them. I may just call off the whole announcer/commentator thing. But the rest of it seems pretty possible.

After I post this, I am going to add a new style to it. One thing I already got added, is your style for fighting, and your stance. Don't think it is just every full style, or just make your own. It is mostly just your stance.  And since this is MMA, you can grapple, and I will be getting help from Jedijosh920(GreenOmnitrix) for the grapple attacks.

It is open-source. so anyone can edit the styles
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:08:44 PM by Unknownsoldier »

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]UFC/MMA Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
This is awesome, take my idea from the tournament mod and have an all out Bullworth tournament with all of the students competing. Also the commentator idea is fucking genius, the way to add them kind of like with the Boxing Challenge is to enable speech or disable speech when pressing a certain button. So if someone is preforming a powerbomb and the button is pressed then activate the fight watch speech lines. Kind of like
If button is pressed and pedisplaying(actionnode) then
(Speech)
end

Removing the normal functionality of voices are easy its just disabling their speech period. This is how the AI for fighting styles work, when the Ai's are being used the game disables the normal free roam speech and sets scripted speech to be used. This is why you never hear bosses speaking. You could also use persistent entity's to spawn the ring outside of the boxing club maybe in a custom interior or something like that if you can. You just need to take a position from the map and close off all the other rooms kind of like how SWEGTA did the Zombie Mod. You could create your own MMA fighting arena.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »
This is awesome, take my idea from the tournament mod and have an all out Bullworth tournament with all of the students competing. Also the commentator idea is fucking genius, the way to add them kind of like with the Boxing Challenge is to enable speech or disable speech when pressing a certain button. So if someone is preforming a powerbomb and the button is pressed then activate the fight watch speech lines. Kind of like
If button is pressed and pedisplaying(actionnode) then
(Speech)
end

Removing the normal functionality of voices are easy its just disabling their speech period. This is how the AI for fighting styles work, when the Ai's are being used the game disables the normal free roam speech and sets scripted speech to be used. This is why you never hear bosses speaking. You could also use persistent entity's to spawn the ring outside of the boxing club maybe in a custom interior or something like that if you can. You just need to take a position from the map and close off all the other rooms kind of like how SWEGTA did the Zombie Mod. You could create your own MMA fighting arena.

The custom interior is cool. I want to make it now, since I got the idea.maybe to just place it in  the gym? not sure yet lol. And when you train, i can just spawn walls or something around the punching bag area so it is like a little room. not sure.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 05:03:10 AM »
That's great!

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11:32 PM »
I like the stats idea, but a huge flaw I see potentially happening is... will we be able to save our progress?
How long will it take to reach max stats? Or is it infinite? How hard is it to increase the stats and what stats are there?

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »
I like the stats idea, but a huge flaw I see potentially happening is... will we be able to save our progress?
How long will it take to reach max stats? Or is it infinite? How hard is it to increase the stats and what stats are there?
I have been mainly focusing on a stats system, and I just want to limit it. I don't know how to explain it, but it will make your strikes stronger, And something I FINALLY finished adding, is harder punches. All it does is increase your animation speed for the second you do the strike, then go back to normal, and yes it will take away more health.

And saving, I do not know how to use the saving system. :/

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
Add it some pickups,like planks,pipes and everythinh you can hurt someone with...Random spawning them

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 06:23:36 AM »
At you still working on this?

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 03:42:51 AM »
I have had a lot of trouble lately, due to me unexpectedly having to format my PC. thus loosing my entire mods folder. I do still have some of the mods backed up, but not this one. I am re making this one. This will be kinda boring to go through the same parts again. ugh. Many of my announced projects will have to be delayed, and possibly canceled. I don't want to cancel this one because I have a great plan for it. I thought that I have slowly slipped away from modding, but now that I realize this, I need to get working.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 03:48:18 AM »
I don't want to cancel this one because I have a great plan for it......I need to get working.

You can do it....Great Plans require great work, but in the end, are well worth it.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:53 AM »
I don't want to cancel this one because I have a great plan for it......I need to get working.

You can do it....Great Plans require great work, but in the end, are well worth it.
Thank's Chuck. Though it may be my last mod (for a long time), I still want to make it worthy of all this time. I just found half of the mod still saved. I don't think I will quit after it though. This is my last modding idea. It pretty much combines style modding, with minigames.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 04:03:08 AM »
I think the important part of anything created is the desire to do it, and then the validation of yourself to be able to carry out such a project.
I've been writing on a story for 5 years, the largest writing project I've ever done.  It's the drive to do it that has kept me going.
It's almost finished (about 9-10 more posts, I think).....And it will always be a project I was glad to do.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
This would be a hell of a mod.  8)

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile