News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Spamming Posts  (Read 6115 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Spamming Posts
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »
 >:D

^^ A 'Smiley Face' such as above, and posted by itself with nothing else is not NOT considered an appropriate message.
================================================

k

^^ Neither are one-letter responses considered messages.  By the very definition of a Message Board, it is to post messages.

The above examples has been an minor ongoing problem here at BB, usually only done by very few.  Mostly, we delete these posts, and they are not counted in the post counts when that happens.  But there are some who continually just keep doing this. 

So....What's gonna happen is, those who show a PATTERN of doing this sort of thing are going to be subject to what is known as "Post Moderation", that is, their posts will have to be approved by us before they will appear on the board. 

=================================================

.............X100

A far more serious problem is the spamming of a multiple image in a post.  We've had had to deal with this problem a lot this past year.  These types of posts have no value whatsoever on BullyBoard.  Such posts are also removed, and those who post them will be subject to Post Moderation and eventually a Ban.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Spamming Posts
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »
k.

Sadly, it's true this topic was needed. Hopefully though people will actually read it, but I do not think a lot of people do. It'd be cool if there was something that forced a person to view all messages marked with like some "rules" tag that moderators would get to set on topics, or else they couldn't post until they read those topics with the rules. But that may be a bit much to add... but I got no idea.
Another thing which would help is make sure messages/replies pass like a 50 character test, and only have 1 or so images unless it's a main topic post (as main topic posts may need a lot more, and should be entitled to that)

Just some ideas, not sure if they are doable though. Hopefully they won't even be needed, and people can just follow some rules.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
It's just a matter of common sense, really.  And in the end, it's also a matter of Respect.

There are just so many diverse Sections and Topics on the Board.  Sometimes, it's appropriate to have a one-word post (as in the Games Section, for example), or multiple DIFFERENT images (such as screenshots or postings in Gifs & Stuff in the Galleria).  And, really, who reads rules anyway ?  When you join a site, almost any site, or install a program....I mean, does anyone really read all that stuff before clicking on "I Agree" ?

There's no easy answers when it comes to monitoring a board.  Spamming, Fighting, Attacks....We have to decide what actions to take to ensure the viability of of Bully Board.  I don't like having to Ban people, or moderate their posts, or issue warnings.  It's only done by me as a last resort, when I feel all other avenues have failed.  Unlike the Prefects in the game, it gives us no pleasure in 'busting' someone.  It's rather sad, really.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »
I blame the entire "reaction" era.

I personally consider reaction gifs to be spam too.

Only time I consider a one word reply as helpful is when someone asks a question that is "yes" or "no.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
We've been removing quite a few of these lately and I'm glad that we finally made this topic.
This isn't something that can be considered rude, but just a minor annoyance.
- Is that really what you want your reputation on the board to be? An annoyance?

No. We're all here to have fun, talk and have a good time.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
That's what the good ones are here for. But there are some evil do-ers out there too.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
You better all watch out. Or you'll be apprehended.

Let's hope that the... *erhm* select few who participated in this nonsense get the memo.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 04:20:30 PM »
You just gotta ask yourself "Does this post bring a new idea to the discussion, or further the current discussion?" and something like "Okay", "Wow", "Nice Job", etc, barely does.

But thinking about that, if you can't say "Nice job" then people wouldn't really be able to compliment good mods and things. I was thinking it'd be nice to have "Like"/"Dislike" buttons on each post. Then you could like nice informative posts or good mod releases to thank the poster.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
The thing I dislike about the like/dislike system is that the person has the ability to hide behind that instead of revealing themselves or the reasons they like or dislike a particular thing. It's very impersonal in fact.

When I see a post or a video I really like, I'll post the 'Good Job' and maybe include the reasons of what I liked about it.  I feel that personal contact makes the poster of the content more aware that his or her contribution was appreciated by someone.

Not saying the like/dislike system is entirely bad, just giving my personal opinion on it.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
I actually do agree with that. Problem is, some people are just too lazy to specifically list what they liked and just say "Wow" for example.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 09:16:04 PM »
Ha, you got a point there ! !
Plus, some aren't adept enough in the American/English language, which I fully understand.

But if something just blows me away, I'm gonna say so. Just 'Wow' ain't gonna get it.

Offline byronBot

• byronBotEA
    • View Profile
Spamming Posts
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 06:20:49 PM »
Just to let you know this was sent by AWF Admin and wasnt a spam email.  Thanks