News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer  (Read 348127 times)

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2015, 10:59:38 PM »
Soo i got my question there confused actually. I meant to say were actions like when gary and algie were playing chess like in that photo,going to be possible.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 05, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »
Soo i got my question there confused actually. I meant to say were actions like when gary and algie were playing chess like in that photo,going to be possible.
They aren't actually playing,they're just sitting there,like in singleplayer,unless someone manages to make some sort of mp chess mod,It's not possible ro play it...What you see in that pic is just 2 players sitting on chairs...Anyways the chess game would be a good idea xD

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »
I know it's late for the Q&A but I wanted to know how are you dealing with the sync in this mod. For example there was a pic where algie is throwing a water balloon at gary. Like, the water balloon explodes at the same time it hits gary or it has some kind of delay? Im saying this because this is a game where you can grab other peds. What if I successfully grab another player but in his computer he ran away in the last second?

Another thing is that you said that players will only use Jimmy fighting style (Player.act) but also that servers will support custom lua scripts by the admins. Doesn't that mean thst someone can still make a fighting style selector script for the server?

My last question is that the servers will have all the doors (entrances in general) unlocked, like the autoshop, the auditorium, the funhouse, the tenements, etc.

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2015, 07:20:53 AM »
They aren't actually playing,they're just sitting there,like in singleplayer,unless someone manages to make some sort of mp chess mod,It's not possible ro play it...What you see in that pic is just 2 players sitting on chairs...Anyways the chess game would be a good idea xD

I didn't nessecarily mean it that way,just simply doing the actions to actually make your RP actions for example would actually happen. It would be fun to say that *Goes to play chess with -------* *Sits down and plays chess with -------*

And so on,and not just chess,but other actions,even if they weren't with other players.

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »
Can i make my own full styles in Bully-MP?  :jajaja:

Offline P3ti

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2015, 03:59:25 AM »
I know it's late for the Q&A but I wanted to know how are you dealing with the sync in this mod. For example there was a pic where algie is throwing a water balloon at gary. Like, the water balloon explodes at the same time it hits gary or it has some kind of delay? Im saying this because this is a game where you can grab other peds. What if I successfully grab another player but in his computer he ran away in the last second?
Only those actions are synced which are triggered by a button. At the moment, the thrown projectiles (fire crackers, stink bombs, water balloons etc.) are handled client-side, only the weapon's ID what is held by the player and the weapon triggering is synced, so if the target has been hit in your game, it might miss in the remote player's game. We're planning to make projectiles more accurate. There is no noticeable delay if you're having a decent ping. Grappling will be disabled. According to my plans grappling will always fail, but if it would be successful it will trigger a server-side scripting event where you can handle grappling. For example, it could be used to make an arrest script.

Another thing is that you said that players will only use Jimmy fighting style (Player.act) but also that servers will support custom lua scripts by the admins. Doesn't that mean thst someone can still make a fighting style selector script for the server?
I've said many times the server-side scripting what our mod will feature has nothing to do with the game's lua scripting. Scripters won't be able to do any modifications on the game's scripts (which are stored in Scripts.IMG).

My last question is that the servers will have all the doors (entrances in general) unlocked, like the autoshop, the auditorium, the funhouse, the tenements, etc.
Yes.

Some of the Q&A answers were cut or edited by SWEGTA. (the original answers: http://bully-mp.com/dl/QnA.docx)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:23:45 AM by P3ti »

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
Why not allow modded scripts into the Bully MP? Also the way to counteract grapple glitches is to make a script that makes the player targetable and when you target and grapple that ped the function disables the control and allows someone to do a grapple but enable the controller for a reversal. Kind of like this,

PedMakeTargetable(gPlayer)) then
PlayerSetControl(0)
Wait(1000)
PlayerSetControl(1)

Also why not make a clean scripts.img for the main server but allow custom stimecycle and acrace.lur files? Why not activate all animations and functions, I know that alot of players in one server may cause glitches like NiceFunGirl said more delay glitches and such.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions and making things clear. Good luck with the project.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2015, 05:58:19 PM »
Why not allow modded scripts into the Bully MP? Also the way to counteract grapple glitches is to make a script that makes the player targetable and when you target and grapple that ped the function disables the control and allows someone to do a grapple but enable the controller for a reversal. Kind of like this,

PlayerSetControl(0)
Wait(1000)
PlayerSetControl(1)

Also why not make a clean scripts.img for the main server but allow custom stimecycle and acrace.lur files? Why not activate all animations and functions, I know that alot of players in one server may cause glitches like NiceFunGirl said more delay glitches and such.

"I've said many times the server-side scripting what our mod will feature has nothing to do with the game's lua scripting. Scripters won't be able to do any modifications on the game's scripts "

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »
In other words, just making lua scripts and importing them won't do anything.
The server scripts are very different. Sure, they utilize those commands, but in a different way.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

PlayerSetControl(0)
Wait(1000)
PlayerSetControl(1)

"I've said many times the server-side scripting what our mod will feature has nothing to do with the game's lua scripting. Scripters won't be able to do any modifications on the game's scripts "

Obviously I know that, but I was mainly just suggesting a way to get rid of glitches.

Offline Bryce Montrose

• "You expect me to pity for you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:27 PM »
I believe that in the near future will be possible to use various functions.
How to choose fighting styles, etc ..

So just think I'm looking forward to playing.

Offline Bryce Montrose

• "You expect me to pity for you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile