News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer  (Read 348138 times)

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer
« Reply #660 on: December 05, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »
Unknown,but,I assume it's a "release when finished" mod...So it's no use asking for a date/related data..

Offline MyU

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bully MP
« Reply #661 on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
We want to get things done asap, but not everyone of us is able to work on the project 24/7.
In the time of development we found many things we could do better, and we're doing them better therefore it's taking more time.
We want to have something "finished" on our first release, so please be patient... even if you can't hear it anymore
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:04:10 PM by MyU »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2015, 02:58:18 AM »
Stop rushing the developers.
They are working hard on this project.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #663 on: January 14, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »

Offline Shrimp

• your official b-b's chav. wag wan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 14, 2016, 12:47:57 PM »
ofc it's delayed??

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 23, 2016, 08:02:28 PM »
I can see that patience is lost on most of you. That is the problem with today's generation....if it isn't released right NOW! and I mean LAST YEAR!.....then people will complain and moan about it and constantly beg and ask about whether it will be released yet or ever.

I was perfectly happy waiting for 10+ years for Duke Nukem Forever to be created and released. Very happy with the end result...even if it ended up being different than what was originally showcased by the developers very early on....game is lots of fun...just very underrated due to everyone losing interest in the decade of waiting for it. and the 'purists' panning it due to it not being exactly like the previous duke games (duke nukem 3d)

I am sure I speak for the Bully MP team when I say that QUALITY should matter most over QUANTITY because then...you have the time to really perfect whatever it is you are doing and when it is finally out....there will be less chance of major bugs being found and killing the experience for everyone.

Take a look at how games are nowadays.....it used to take game developers approx 2-3 years for a really really good game...that is from start to finish....and maybe tack on a few extra months to account for any phases of beta testing.....where now, you have companies literally rushing things out as fast as they are capable due to the fact....if it takes more than a year to get released....no one wants anything to do with it and it likely will bomb and be critically panned by everyone.

If people cannot learn patience here waiting for something....than you will NEVER learn patience later in life when it will matter even more.

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 23, 2016, 08:18:04 PM »
I can see that patience is lost on most of you. That is the problem with today's generation....if it isn't released right NOW! and I mean LAST YEAR!.....then people will complain and moan about it and constantly beg and ask about whether it will be released yet or ever.

I was perfectly happy waiting for 10+ years for Duke Nukem Forever to be created and released. Very happy with the end result...even if it ended up being different than what was originally showcased by the developers very early on....game is lots of fun...just very underrated due to everyone losing interest in the decade of waiting for it. and the 'purists' panning it due to it not being exactly like the previous duke games (duke nukem 3d)

I am sure I speak for the Bully MP team when I say that QUALITY should matter most over QUANTITY because then...you have the time to really perfect whatever it is you are doing and when it is finally out....there will be less chance of major bugs being found and killing the experience for everyone.

Take a look at how games are nowadays.....it used to take game developers approx 2-3 years for a really really good game...that is from start to finish....and maybe tack on a few extra months to account for any phases of beta testing.....where now, you have companies literally rushing things out as fast as they are capable due to the fact....if it takes more than a year to get released....no one wants anything to do with it and it likely will bomb and be critically panned by everyone.

If people cannot learn patience here waiting for something....than you will NEVER learn patience later in life when it will matter even more.
i pray to god that somebody will understand what am saying
we've been waiting a fucking year
we haven't atleast got a tiny thing aside's a bunch of screenshots
i only read the first para of your comment
some of us dont have a patience that last's over a year?
we cant wait 10 year's like u am srry amigo

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 23, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »
So you would rather that they just rush out something that is half baked and extremely buggy? Just because you want it asap?

Waiting a year or three is not as bad as you might think....just for something that is good in the end.

Movies take about that long to make....and people seem to wait just fine for those....well...sorta (a lot seem to get leaked before they even reach the theaters)

I dont mean to sound as if I am coming down hard on you....because in all reality I am not.

But, if you are having such a difficult time waiting....then why not occupy your time with something else until then...play GTA V if you have it or another game to tide you over and just occasionally check the thread here. Otherwise you just might drive yourself stir crazy with waiting for something you want right now.

You may want to also consider the time and effort that has to go into a project like this....

Tho...as I have said before in the past. You can just attempt to do your own version of this mod if you think you can rush it out faster and better.. :laugh:

Besides, the intense pressure that the impatient people put on modders is why absolutely no-one here will ever see another mod release from me again for Bully...unless I actually start to see a little patience rather than seeing useless posts from members complaining about something taking too long to complete and release.

I am going to give you a small history lesson...whether you want one or not  :biggrin:

Let's go back about 15 years.

15 years ago, gamers and modders and fans alike were willing to wait as long as it took for something they really wanted to see actually get created and released. It was common for a project (mods) to take anywhere from 6 months to a couple years to complete. Very very few if any complained and yet...the ones back then that actually did...were just simply kids that didn't want to wait even a second. Kids have absolutely no patience....hell...most cannot even sit still for any length of time.

Flash forward 10 years from that point in the past.

The game developers started noticing that if they announced something too early....the fans would want it yesterday. So, they started speeding up the process of creating their games in order to make the fans happy. Companies like 3dRealms or id Software are among the last 'greats' that actually built their games on THEIR own time and to hell with what the fans thought. They still do that today.

Tho, 3dRealms ended up losing a nice chunk of their fanbase due to the above mentioned Duke Nukem Forever taking slightly over a decade to complete. While yes....that may be a slight bit extreme for developing a game, since by the time it gets released...it is already very outdated in terms of its technology/game engine and may be seen by everyone as 'a dinosaur' just because they are now using systems that far outstrip the requirements that the game originally had.

Flash forward to today...

Game developers now will just rush out something that is half baked and sometimes ill-conceived just to make everyone happy. What usually ends up is they alienate nearly everyone from their fanbase and as a result the released game becomes critically panned by everyone and it doesn't last a couple months before everyone moves on. Even if the company rushes out big fixes to address any major issues....it is too late by that point as the damage is already done.

This is starting to become the industry standard sadly and the last thing I want is to see any game modders (not just developers) start caving in to the pressure their fans are giving them to rush something out because they want it now and will hammer them until they get what they want.

Shrimp...I actually fully understand the whole point of your posts up until now...trust me....I am definitely NOT an idiot by any stretch of the imagination. I do however find it totally useless to post more than one or two times when complaining about something like...a mod or game taking way too long and so and so is sick and tired of waiting. I understand that it can be very difficult to wait for something that you want so badly that you can taste it. But please try to understand...the development team for this particular mod have their own unique way of working on it and if they choose to only release screenshots rather than live videos to showcase gameplay...then that is their choice and they are doing it for whatever reasons they think are best.

If you are doubting the authenticity of those screenshots and starting to think that they are 'photoshopped'

well...let me put your mind at ease by saying that not a single screenshot they have posted thus far is fake in any way shape or form. I happen to be a master level photoshop user and I can always spot a fake picture.

When I talked with p3ti in the very beginning as well as Pablo, the information that they chose to share with me at that time could not have been 'just made up' and being a programmer myself, I know full well what they are attempting and doing..and I also know how much of a challenge all of this is. It is not like just anyone can slap themselves on the side of the head and say "Well DUH! This is so freakin' easy!" and just crack out a fully working game mod of this magnitude.

Unless you attempt something like this...you really will have no real understanding of just how hard something like this can be.

and in closing....let me just say two things....patience IS a virtue. 8) and....any further posts that I see that are just complaining about how long this is taking....complaining about 'proof' or just generally being useless to the developers of this mod....will be deleted. All posts like this do is just clog up the thread and make it a crap ton of pages and anyone else that is wanting to read anything useful about the mod is gonna have to sift through all those useless posts and in doing so...might miss something actually informative and useful.

Please keep this in mind.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:27:34 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 24, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »
So you would rather that they just rush out something that is half baked and extremely buggy? Just because you want it asap?

Waiting a year or three is not as bad as you might think....just for something that is good in the end.

Movies take about that long to make....and people seem to wait just fine for those....well...sorta (a lot seem to get leaked before they even reach the theaters)

I dont mean to sound as if I am coming down hard on you....because in all reality I am not.

But, if you are having such a difficult time waiting....then why not occupy your time with something else until then...play GTA V if you have it or another game to tide you over and just occasionally check the thread here. Otherwise you just might drive yourself stir crazy with waiting for something you want right now.

You may want to also consider the time and effort that has to go into a project like this....

Tho...as I have said before in the past. You can just attempt to do your own version of this mod if you think you can rush it out faster and better.. :laugh:

Besides, the intense pressure that the impatient people put on modders is why absolutely no-one here will ever see another mod release from me again for Bully...unless I actually start to see a little patience rather than seeing useless posts from members complaining about something taking too long to complete and release.

I am going to give you a small history lesson...whether you want one or not  :biggrin:

Let's go back about 15 years.

15 years ago, gamers and modders and fans alike were willing to wait as long as it took for something they really wanted to see actually get created and released. It was common for a project (mods) to take anywhere from 6 months to a couple years to complete. Very very few if any complained and yet...the ones back then that actually did...were just simply kids that didn't want to wait even a second. Kids have absolutely no patience....hell...most cannot even sit still for any length of time.

Flash forward 10 years from that point in the past.

The game developers started noticing that if they announced something too early....the fans would want it yesterday. So, they started speeding up the process of creating their games in order to make the fans happy. Companies like 3dRealms or id Software are among the last 'greats' that actually built their games on THEIR own time and to hell with what the fans thought. They still do that today.

Tho, 3dRealms ended up losing a nice chunk of their fanbase due to the above mentioned Duke Nukem Forever taking slightly over a decade to complete. While yes....that may be a slight bit extreme for developing a game, since by the time it gets released...it is already very outdated in terms of its technology/game engine and may be seen by everyone as 'a dinosaur' just because they are now using systems that far outstrip the requirements that the game originally had.

Flash forward to today...

Game developers now will just rush out something that is half baked and sometimes ill-conceived just to make everyone happy. What usually ends up is they alienate nearly everyone from their fanbase and as a result the released game becomes critically panned by everyone and it doesn't last a couple months before everyone moves on. Even if the company rushes out big fixes to address any major issues....it is too late by that point as the damage is already done.

This is starting to become the industry standard sadly and the last thing I want is to see any game modders (not just developers) start caving in to the pressure their fans are giving them to rush something out because they want it now and will hammer them until they get what they want.

Shrimp...I actually fully understand the whole point of your posts up until now...trust me....I am definitely NOT an idiot by any stretch of the imagination. I do however find it totally useless to post more than one or two times when complaining about something like...a mod or game taking way too long and so and so is sick and tired of waiting. I understand that it can be very difficult to wait for something that you want so badly that you can taste it. But please try to understand...the development team for this particular mod have their own unique way of working on it and if they choose to only release screenshots rather than live videos to showcase gameplay...then that is their choice and they are doing it for whatever reasons they think are best.

If you are doubting the authenticity of those screenshots and starting to think that they are 'photoshopped'

well...let me put your mind at ease by saying that not a single screenshot they have posted thus far is fake in any way shape or form. I happen to be a master level photoshop user and I can always spot a fake picture.

When I talked with p3ti in the very beginning as well as Pablo, the information that they chose to share with me at that time could not have been 'just made up' and being a programmer myself, I know full well what they are attempting and doing..and I also know how much of a challenge all of this is. It is not like just anyone can slap themselves on the side of the head and say "Well DUH! This is so freakin' easy!" and just crack out a fully working game mod of this magnitude.

Unless you attempt something like this...you really will have no real understanding of just how hard something like this can be.

and in closing....let me just say two things....patience IS a virtue. 8) and....any further posts that I see that are just complaining about how long this is taking....complaining about 'proof' or just generally being useless to the developers of this mod....will be deleted. All posts like this do is just clog up the thread and make it a crap ton of pages and anyone else that is wanting to read anything useful about the mod is gonna have to sift through all those useless posts and in doing so...might miss something actually informative and useful.

Please keep this in mind.
i did not read that at all aside's 3 lines
you already explained the comment i was gonna make about movie's? also movie's don't even take long, they announce it and a month it's out.
it's also been a year
isn't that kinda enough just to fix bugs?
or maybe half a year?

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 24, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
i'd rather rush it out. not call it finished when I have half ass shit, but to just release an early edition. idk if anyones even working on it anymore.

by the time bullyMP gets released, the community is gonna be completely dead. it's already dead as fuck at the moment.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:35 PM »
As I can remember correctly..The day when most members connected here (251 I think) was right after the announcement of the MP...If that's what an announcement can do..Imagine the actual release..

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 24, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »
LOL Shrimp isn't even patient enough to read MadmaN's posts before trying to argue with him. Nice goin' Shrimpy.

I agree with what DahCobra33 said too, as soon as SWEGTA (seeing as he's probably the most popular youtuber in the bully modding community) posts a video saying "Bully MP is released", people will come and get it. There should be no worry about Bully being dead by that time, unless it's like 5 more years, but even then people would still probably come back once they hear about it, even if just for a wee bit. And so what if Bully is dead... if it is, then why should you care about this mod? You'd of moved onto a new thing.

If you don't believe it, or if it's taking too long for you, then stop worrying about it. Thanks for sharing your opinion and venting your frustration, but it helps no-one that you stick around just to complain. Go on, get outta here if you don't believe in the mod, we won't miss you. Go to some other part of the board. I'm not trying to be rude but, if you really don't believe in the mod then just don't believe it, stop talking about it. Go ahead and laugh at the rest of us for believing it if you will, but you have no valid reason to take this topic off-track just because you don't believe in it.

This topic is about the mod itself and about ideas for the mod, not if it's real. Or at least that's what it should be, but obviously it's not anymore.

I'm not really even doing my part either because I am still arguing as well, defending the Bully MP team, but I feel it deserved to be said. But I should really be more realistic... the type of person who is this impatient for a mod isn't gonna be patient enough to read my whole post here either, so what's the point?

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 24, 2016, 07:26:38 PM »
LOL Shrimp isn't even patient enough to read MadmaN's posts before trying to argue with him. Nice goin' Shrimpy.
are u still mad cause that i hated brony's and you decided to cause a rampage about it?
grow a fucking cock.
it's the internet, what fool read's a fucking a post with that much shit on madman's?
i am patient
i can't be patient for 1 year
unless it's a new payday or valve game i can wait a decade.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 24, 2016, 09:30:23 PM »
Well,lemme' tell ya' a thing:

The developers don't give a Hell about your patience capability  ;)

Offline Shrimp

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »
Well,lemme' tell ya' a thing:

The developers don't give a Hell about your patience capability  ;)
i heard it's a bad idea that developer's ignore there community
dont you think the same my dear child?