News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Jimmy Strafe  (Read 7428 times)

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Jimmy Strafe
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
Bully SE: Jimmy Strafe

Jimmy's default fighting style with manual blocks and normal strafe.

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Strafe
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
that cool .

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »
I like it!  :)

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »
Cool .  ;D

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »
Awesome! I assume there is no chance of this being released?

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »
Awesome! I assume there is no chance of this being released?
Why are you asking if he will release your MOD ?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
The auto-block made this game's fighting system a complete joke. I mean, otherwise it would have been a more challenging game.

Finally a fighting style mod that makes the difference 8)

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »
The auto-block made this game's fighting system a complete joke. I mean, otherwise it would have been a more challenging game.

Yes .

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:43 PM »

It isn't challenging, even with no blocking

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 07:01:54 PM »
It's nearly impossible to have any challenge with any 1 on 1 targets. Once you get a decent set of enemies on you at once, ones with decent stats, then it finally starts to get to be a little more exciting.

It would be cool if, like Sleeping Dogs, you could press the block button and it would block for like 3 seconds and if it didn't actually block any hits you get penalized and cannot attack for a few more seconds. In Sleeping Dogs it was counter attacking but... blocking can be the Bully version of it I guess.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 08:39:39 PM »
It's nearly impossible to have any challenge with any 1 on 1 targets. Once you get a decent set of enemies on you at once, ones with decent stats, then it finally starts to get to be a little more exciting.

It would be cool if, like Sleeping Dogs, you could press the block button and it would block for like 3 seconds and if it didn't actually block any hits you get penalized and cannot attack for a few more seconds. In Sleeping Dogs it was counter attacking but... blocking can be the Bully version of it I guess.

Actually the one on one target system you stated is true and false at the same time. Although fighting one on one enemies are easy the more blocks and health they have the harder it gets. Russell is pretty hard to fight in free roam even with Jimmy's full move set so that is all not true.

The blocking system actually didn't make it easier or harder, everyone blocks manually even the player. The thing that makes the game easier is the evasive counter used by many AI and player's which could be a glitch or some faulty game mechanic. It's when you attack an enemy and they block but when you stop blocking and your arms open up you get attacked.

You can watch AI fights and view this happen, when Russell fights with the bullies style the recovery system disables attacks and blocks then allows for someone to get hit with a counter. Hard to explain like a greaser 3 hit combo, a preppy blocks and drops their guard then gets attacked with a greasers full move set instead of countering.

That is why the boxing style differs, it has an automatic counter even when blocking if you try to fight boxers with full block,evade, and attack abilities they will fight different from the other AI. I will upload a video showing what I mean, it is the movement Jimmy does when blocking that messes up an AI's ability to fight one on one if you notice it. One of the most messed up game-play mechanics is to move Jimmy while he is blocking they should disable your ability to move when blocking like AI's but I guess this is some sort of thing AI's were to have also but they never added it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:41:12 PM by LostInSpace »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 09:01:58 PM »

I know but It would have still made a slight difference.
If I wanted bully to have a hard fighting system I would have done the following to the npc:

More damaging combos
At least 1 counter move per fighting style so players can't abuse combos all the time (like you can't punch russell all the time in his boss mission because he will push you with his belly)
Increase npc attack frequency (so you aren't fighting a human sandbag)
Increase grabs reversal so you can't abuse it too
Decrease soda cans drop possibility
Disable blocking while moving
Make unblockable the last punch/kick from at least 1 combo per fighting style (this one because you can block like 90% of the combos from the game, also the dropouts combo was unblockable in the ps2 version)

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »

I know but It would have still made a slight difference.
If I wanted bully to have a hard fighting system I would have done the following to the npc:

More damaging combos
At least 1 counter move per fighting style so players can't abuse combos all the time (like you can't punch russell all the time in his boss mission because he will push you with his belly)
Increase npc attack frequency (so you aren't fighting a human sandbag)
Increase grabs reversal so you can't abuse it too
Decrease soda cans drop possibility
Disable blocking while moving
Make unblockable the last punch/kick from at least 1 combo per fighting style (this one because you can block like 90% of the combos from the game, also the dropouts combo was unblockable in the ps2 version)
I've made most NPCs block and attack very frequently, and have loads of health, as well as giving the Bullies all much more powerful styles, and Jimmy has less health, most clique members also have maximum stamina now

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 03:01:22 AM »
Also, if you want to do it JUST for a ped spawned via Lua, you can put PedOverrideStat(PED, 12, blocking freq). you can do same with Evade. Just change the 12 to 13.