News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Is Bully Modding dying?  (Read 23260 times)

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: Is Bully Modding dying?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 08:10:59 AM »
I dont get it.  The player selector mod is just a mod.  I remember being that horny at cool mods when i was new.  But now i dont get it.  LOL

Super mod is cool. 

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »
Since you make your own mods now, you understand it better. For other people who do not make mods themselves it is still legendary to them.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
True.
And like I said, Super Mod accomplishes that in just a fraction.

Still, we do get a few uploads on BullyMods from time to time.
Modding is alive, but not as popular as it was when PewDiePie did his Let's Play.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »
It's far from dead.  People are just too shy to speak around here its only rare we get like a new person every 1-2 months. Then they disappear or retire from modding

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 01:31:03 PM »
On rare occasions, they do tend to stay.
I know for a fact that GreenOmnitrix returned from the grave and took up modding again.

What we need to do is keep our members close by holding active discussions with them. Whether they need our help, want to show off a mod they made or just want some feedback.
I see too many topics left unanswered and ending up entirely ignored by the community as a whole. I too am to blame for this, but I think we could all contribute and make any new member feel like home.

I'll try to bring more users here, since I have been solely promoting BullyMods lately.
I might make a promo soon.

Offline riki2cool

• The most festive member
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »
Seeing as I'm already in a game & design gymnasium I figure that learning LUA wouldn't hurt, so I might as well try it on.

What's hands down the best LUA scripting guide for Bully?

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 02:38:03 PM »
Anything by DaBOSS.
He goes pretty in-depth and explains each part one by one. You could also check out my old school tutorials if you want a more of a visual experience of someone demonstrating how to make simple scripts.

You could also get 'Scholarship Edition : Lua Developer' from BullyMods.net.
It's pretty much just Ultimate Pasta, but it a way better format with better and new features.

Offline riki2cool

• The most festive member
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
Thanks. I did make a mod about 2 months ago that replaced ArcLur, with help from DaB0ss' guide. It spawned in Constantino and Ray and recruited them as bodyguards.

They spawned fine, but somehow the missioncleanup thing would occur 3 seconds after I spawned in.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 04:17:23 PM »
Watch sweg's Tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMM7r1FPmM&list=PLoRn2wy62AS0BYxLLS_rO2KmClB4BQPbW

I learned it from that.   

And also!

Du är från sverige!! välkommen.  lol. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:36:59 PM by BloodChuckZ »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
Often times people will sign up just to get access to downloads or something, then they may introduce them selves thinking they will stay longer but then disappear, because of this they may only come on the site 1-5 times. We should try to add them on skype/xfire/steam when a new person joins and stick with them until they decide they want to stay on bully board.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 06:00:01 PM »
Good idea.
Lots of the old school people have left a long time ago. We gotta make sure that the new people keep in touch.

Gonna see if I can promote Bully-Board on Youtube again. I know for a fact that two or three active users found me on there.

Offline newboi12

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:23 PM »
Just give this site a couple of more months and its going to go ghost.Game is ass now, there are other games that are new coming out and this game is going to die out so fast in like a couple of months.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:41 PM »
Good idea.
Lots of the old school people have left a long time ago. We gotta make sure that the new people keep in touch.

Gonna see if I can promote Bully-Board on Youtube again. I know for a fact that two or three active users found me on there.

Such as me :D

also @newboi12, I don't think that will happen, it is a sandbox game that still has potential to be modded and still remain fun. We active modders just have to continue doing good. Look at the old GTA games, they are even older and their modding communitys are huge.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 04:56:18 AM »
Just give this site a couple of more months and its going to go ghost.Game is ass now, there are other games that are new coming out and this game is going to die out so fast in like a couple of months.

The thing is that plenty of games are still alive. GTA San Andreas is very popular in the modding area, along with the Manhunt Forums.
I get about 30 - 40 thousand views per month on my Bully videos, along with about 150 - 200 subscribers. I'd say that the fanbase is still very much alive. The only problem is having them find us.
Most people who played Bully did enjoy it, but never really bothered to join a forum.

What we've got to do is promote the forum more. I'm currently admin on a Bullworth Academy page with over 9000 likes.
I promoted BullyMods there, but never Bully-Board. I think we could easily get a few newbies here easily if we just tried a bit.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 05:24:06 AM »
Super Mod 3 also still gets active downloads all the time (Which is surprising as hell to me tbh xD)
I'd say at least 100 downloads weekly, and at the moment it's total is 6198 downloads.

I got a new fighting mod coming along which should be pretty fun... hopefully people will be interested in that. If that doesn't do it then some mission mods which I hope to create soon may.