News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Just a question about the Bully modding community.  (Read 1834 times)

Offline machival

• View Profile
Just a question about the Bully modding community.
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
Hi all, I'm a relative newbie when it comes to the bully modding community, and I have a question. Why is it that virtually all content/mods created for this game is very rarely shared? By this I mean every other modding community I've ever been apart of since 2006 (Oblivion,Fallout new vegas and 3, Skyrim etc) always (obviously) post and share their mods. But with bully, I've scoured the internet through several forums and mods, and all I've seen is the more able modders say they are able to/ have made something highly requested (such as a Johnny vincent or Derby Harrington full boss style) But not only refuse to share it, but fail to provide a reason! I'd just like to know why this is? Whats the point in a bully modding community if 90% of the modders aren't willing to share their work? Please don't bite my head off I'm just asking. If there's a valid reason for this (other than the "It's their work, do it yourself excuse" because by that logic, no mods would ever be released for any game ever)- Then please tell me, but if not I just don't get why they wouldn't share it, other than just being plain nasty.

Thanks in advance,
Machival.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
Re: Just a question about the Bully modding community.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
Hi, im c00ld0c26, one of the old modders in the community.
Well, there are a few reason, you got ppl like Govertmentman who just like to say "HEY LOOK AT ME I CAN MOD BULLY!, AND YOU CANT IM SO AWESOME".
All he did was show off his mods at videos, and then rant on anyone who tried to mod himself, which was a bit samilier to his mods.
There are other reasons, like ppl which their mods aren't done and such.
And propably the latest reason, is the PSSM mod, (Player Selector Mega Mod) which has been cancled.
Now why such a mod make 90% of the modders not release any source of code that is related to it?
Well out of respect of the authors which requested not to, until the mod is done, as they are very big and respected members in the community.
Tho since it is cancled now, I dont see any reason not to share at least parts of the codes, like the action nodes maybe.
But one of the modders who was working on that mod claims that "The community doesn't deserve the mod", therefore he refuses to release the main code in that mod, which I still find no reason not to, but I respect that.

Offline machival

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:09 AM »
Hi c00ld0c26, firstly thank you for a very polite and informing answer. Not going to lie I was expecting a lot worse! I understand a lot better now! I completely agree that an author shouldn't have to share WIP mods, it's just when I see fully created ones that aren't shared it bugs me! Like this one for example, seems to contain everything I'd like in Bully! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRgjsFkCi7E So yes it seems there are just plain nasty people like you've mentioned and people with some reason. But yes thanks for your answer, I guess unless people start to share more I'm going to have to learn LUA coding myself! All I'd really like to do is get a fully functional Johnny Vincent boss fighting style, with his skin and speech bank. I have no idea where to start though, and I don't think I have enough free time! Anyways, Thanks again.
Machival

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:22 AM »
I could get you started if you'd like.
Check my tutorial for Bully LUA : http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=18725.0

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
Hello machiva. Welcome to B-b.

To answer your question. Yes that Johnny mod is still glitchy although it is highly requested..  It still has problems such as strafing. I should know Damian and I use to speak over xfire when he was active.

It's not the community's fault.  They are just respecting the decision of other modders work as a request to not release these mods because no one here besides Rise, MadmaN, and I know how action nodes really work and still trying to find every file path through these compressed catalog file. We are almost there cracking the files completely but still much to be done until then.