News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Modding questions  (Read 3356 times)

Offline maltron66

• View Profile
Modding questions
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:34:42 PM »
This, ladies and gentlemen, boys and morons (and all that nonsense), is my very first thread. So, if I have accidentally started it in the wrong place, please, cut me some slack... :D
I have some ideas that could possibly turn into mods, with a little help. So here we go:

One of the things I want to do in the game is "play" with the clock. Meaning, I want to make Jimmy wake up at 6 in the morning straight and also, I want to modify the game so that Jimmy falls asleep at 4:00AM. Is there a way to do this? Maybe modifying some scripts and change the time?

Also, I would like to have Ms Peabody and Ms McRae removed from the girls dorm, so that I can explore the dorm without having to worry about getting busted. I tried this last one on my own, but it seems I failed :-\

So, that's all for now. I'll just wait for a reply that will make my day. Cheers! 8)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Modding questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »
This is the "tutorials" area, use the "requests" area.

Both of your requests are very possible.
The script STimeCycle.lur controls when Jimmy falls asleep. STimeCycle.lur is in /Scripts/Scripts.img (You'll need to be able to open IMG file archives, the GTA one works but there are better ones made specifically for bully that you can find in the downloads - tools section)
The file ide.img controls spawning. ide.img is in /objects/

I don't mod too much anymore so I can't do those mods... but hopefully I steered you in the right direction.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:30:48 AM »
I always wondered....Is there actually a "Night" in Bully ?  Effectively, when the clock shuts off Jimmy's world at 2 AM and immediately starts up Jimmy's world at 8 AM, do those 6 hours even exist ?

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:29:57 AM »
I'm extreamly suprised I haven't seen any mod to stay up past 2 yet. I'll make one and post...

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
Will the clock still run between 2 AM AND 8 AM, and will it gradually get lighter as daybreak approaches ?  Will the School, and the Towns, be mostly empty of people (except for drunks & hobos) since the Peds have to sleep ? 

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:44 AM »
Nevermind about the mod, I see that the STimeCycle script only controls when curfew is, not when you fall asleep (At least I didn't see it)

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
The ide.img removal is extremely easy... Here's a quote from a tutorial from ages ago. Note that you'll have to do this in reverse.. Obviously.

Open up your ide.img with HxD (Hex editor)
Press Ctrl+F and type in the characters name (the one who you want in free-roam) I will use Gary as an example.
 When you type in Gary you will see this
 Gary....Nemesis_Gary_W......Medium..STUDENT.STAT_GS_GARY....Straf_Male..F_BULLY.null....null....ÿÿÿÿ/Global/

Now scroll down to where it says  ÿÿÿÿ/Global/ and you will see these numbers next to it

"00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 2F 47 6C 6F 62 61 6C 2F"

^^

You see the FF FF FF FF? Well those FF'S are the reason Gary is still in his cage, but we are going to change that!
What you have to do now is replace the FF FF FF FF with "01 00 00 00"

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
Going over 2am or waking up before 7am is something I haven't seen yet ,but if someone was to do a mod on it that would be pretty awesome.

for your second question they could be disabled like Prefects if you just change there spawning like Evolution stated. Change there value from 01 00 00 00 to FF FF FF FF FF