News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: The Ending  (Read 13824 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: The Ending
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
Yeah, it woulda been.  The best mystery stories are the ones where the Villain is revealed in the end. 

I understand that in Video Games, it's been standard to have a known antagonist almost from the start, where the hero has to fight and defeat them time after time until the final epic battle.  But here, even this failed, since the only fight with Gary was the last fight. 

About the best game I ever played was where the antagonist wasn't revealed until near the end was Martian Gothic (a PS1 game, 2001).  There was a lot of clues to uncover and much mis-direction until it got figured out,   

Offline AkematLynn

• How May I Be Of A Disturbance To You?
  • Nothing to see here people, move along!
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
One of my favorite's I've played where the true enemies or people you think are on your side are revealed almost towards the end of the game was Vice City. I loved how we're led to think that Vance and even Sonny are our allies but then are hit with a shocker to find out that they're not! Then again with all the hoopla Bully was getting they probably had to rush to finish it and didn't have time to have things play out accordingly or at least better than they did.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
Yeah, it seems like a rush job of sorts, though it did have an advance buildup....This board here was started about 7 months in advance of Bully's release (in North America) in 2006.

Offline AkematLynn

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
That's pretty neat! I didn't know that. It's good to see that this place is still holding up relatively well as most fan based sites usually don't last very long! Let's hope this place is around for many more years to come!

Offline Damon West

• One day I wanna fight a gorrilla !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »
Even when bully 2 comes out , we still gonna have this website right guys??  :hmm:

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2014, 04:09:34 AM »
Sure, we'll still be here in 2023.  I think.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »
I will be here during the Zombie apacolypse.  I promise.  I will be here when im an adult. I will be here when im a old junkie. 

I NEVER LEAVE BULLY BOARD!!!

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 07:29:10 AM »
Okay so this is a touchy topic.

-First of all, Jimmy deserved to be expelled, just like the clique leaders who took part in the whole thing. After all, they were the one who got their fellow clique members to fight. Not to mention the prefects who did nothing to stop the fighting.
-Crabblesnitch couldn't have heard the whole monologue. And if he did, why doesn't he seem to mind the fact that Gary talks about how Jimmy's actions were the reason for his "reign"?
-How could he let an expelled student back solely because he pretty much beat up most of the students in his school? Not to mention giving the Headboy title to some student he's never even heard about before, after deciding that he's a genius just because he's shy. Or the fact that he re-enrolled some other student just because one of his worst students claims that she was unfairly expelled.
-And what about the fact that neither Jimmy or the Headmaster paid any mind to the fact that Gary could be dying on the ground next to them.
-Oh and the way the students, mostly clique leaders are cheering on the guy who beat them to the ground just minutes ago. And where the hell were the teachers/staff members who appear at the end?

The ending itself was disgustingly cheesy, but the Final Showdown mission was amazing.

The first time I played it, I was so sure that Jimmy was expelled for good. And the Final Showdown wasn't going to change anything. Gary's speech, as taunting as it was, had me in awe. If the game had ended realistically, Gary would've been right. No matter the outcome of their fight, he was still going to be on top, and Jimmy was still going to be expelled.

Regarding the fight itself, I don't think that it was meant to be hard, because of them^reasons, but also because:
1) Gary isn't some brute with gigantism and an impressive arsenal of wrestling moves.
2) He isn't a trained pugilist or one of the toughest kids from the wrong side of the tracks.
3) He didn't have a whole clique to back him up.

It was just a 1 on 1 in a small area. And probably the only boss battle that didn't actually change anything.
Gary had lost the moment they stepped outside on the roof and started his monologue.

P.S. I really can't figure out HOW he tied Crabblesnitch up, or if he was the one to do it at all, seeing as a few bullies were also in the building.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »

-First of all, Jimmy deserved to be expelled, just like the clique leaders who took part in the whole thing. After all, they were the one who got their fellow clique members to fight. Not to mention the prefects who did nothing to stop the fighting.

Hell, they should have expelled most of the Student body.

-Crabblesnitch couldn't have heard the whole monologue. And if he did, why doesn't he seem to mind the fact that Gary talks about how Jimmy's actions were the reason for his "reign"?

Yeah, Crabblesnitch must have had "Super Hearing" to pick up that from the Bell Tower.

-How could he let an expelled student back solely because he pretty much beat up most of the students in his school? Not to mention giving the Headboy title to some student he's never even heard about before, after deciding that he's a genius just because he's shy. Or the fact that he re-enrolled some other student just because one of his worst students claims that she was unfairly expelled.

Maybe the Good Doctor was afraid Jimmy had something on him ?

-And what about the fact that neither Jimmy or the Headmaster paid any mind to the fact that Gary could be dying on the ground next to them.

That was so damn funny.  Strange how Jimmy wasn't a bit injured from the fall at all.

-Oh and the way the students, mostly clique leaders are cheering on the guy who beat them to the ground just minutes ago. And where the hell were the teachers/staff members who appear at the end?

Expected, since we know they have real short memories to start with.

-I really can't figure out HOW he tied Crabblesnitch up, or if he was the one to do it at all, seeing as a few bullies were also in the building.

Perhaps right before he began climbing up that scaffolding that was there (for renovation work we had no clue about) for some unknown reason ?

These, and about a hundred other things in the game that stretched and broke believability. 
But, hey, it was all in fun....Weren't it ?

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »
It still is, I'm still playing Bully on a daily basis. I don't think it'll ever get old, not with all the mods the community is coming up with.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
About the mods thing.
Dont count on it too much, its going slow over here.
I could propably finish Russell Mod V1.0 by next month, if my file wasn't getting corrupted by Noteped++ (According to what Mad said)

Offline AkematLynn

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
Okay so this is a touchy topic.

The ending itself was disgustingly cheesy, but the Final Showdown mission was amazing.

I agree one hundred percent with that and with everything else you said! I always disliked the ending very much and just to point out a few more things:

- We all know half of those people would never cheer Jimmy on no matter what!
- Where the hell were all those teachers when the fighting was going on?!
- How did Zoe get there so fast and find out she was being let back into the school when Jimmy and Crabblesnitch just finished talking about in barely 30 seconds ago?
- When Jimmy and Gary fell through the skylight it was dark/ night time out side and a storm was raging in the sky(I think)! As soon as he steps foot back outside it's broad daylight and there's no storm!!!
 I'm sure we could all go on but many things we're pointing out give rise to the belief that chapter 5 was rushed!!!! Hopefully if they do Bully 2 they'll allow themselves much more time to get things done and plan things out the right damn way!

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
And....About that skylight.  Since there's 3 floors to the school, and Crabblesnitch's office is on the second, how does that work ?  Has anyone actually looked UP when in Crabby's office to see if a skylight is actually there ?

Offline AkematLynn

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 11:12:09 PM »
Not while in his office I haven't but when outside If you look up towards the roof of the school no matter what chapter you're in or where you stand there is absolutely no construction work of any sort to be seen! But based on the lighting in that place it would seem to me that there is no sky light!

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 12:54:19 AM »
The 'Skylight' seems like the same hinky 'wormhole' effect as going out the side window puts you on the back balcony.  Or that falling off the North bridge only knocks Jimmy out instead of killing him.