News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Modding.........It ain't for me.......  (Read 4312 times)

FaZe

Modding.........It ain't for me.......
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:46 AM »
As you may know, I have just got my laptop fixed, and it had to be wiped, I have nothing on it apart from Firefox, Minecraft, Forge, Camtasia Studio 8, Malwarebytes Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro. I don't wish to mess up my laptop again, so these are what I am keeping on here. I don't plan to put anything else on here unless I really need to.

This will unfortunately stop me from modding and this will also unfortunately stop me from testing any at this moment in time. When I become more accustomed to using a computer again, I might go back to my old ways, but I also never found my knack in modding, I couldn't do much, no matter how much I tried.....I failed. Even though I wanted to continue and make mods and go and test them out, It wouldn't work for me anymore, and here's where I have to unfortunately say, That......Modding isn't for me. I am really sad about this and everything, I will still stick to the board and help as much as possible, but I can't do much more else.
I hope that what my life is today, is what it is tommorow, and the rest of my life.

Thank you all for supporting me through my modding career, and trying to help me, even in the darkest of times.

~Evann
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:16:58 AM by | The Destiny | »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: Modding.........It ain't for me.......
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »
Sorry to hear this man.
It would still be fun to have you 'round the board.

FaZe

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »
Like I said, I will stick to the board, and help as much as possible, even with modding, I will help with the little I have.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
Evann...might I make a suggestion to you?

Rather then continue trying and failing...etc at modding....how about maybe trying your hand helping the community out in other ways that will be in a area you could maybe do better?

I personally suggest taking all of the current tutorials...starting with the old ones in the ultimate modding thread...and maybe making a brand new manual of a sorts kinda like what I did with the bully modding magazine...which (the magazine will be given to red along with the sources for it just incase and so it can be hosted elsewhere so it can be downloaded again) and maybe try that since you DON'T have to be a modder or even a full time modder to help out.

This was one of the things on my todo list but being forced to retire for the forseeable future I couldn't finish that up and someone else may have to do it.

This will make things easier for new modders to read and at the same time give you something you can still help out with.

Figured I would at least give you a good suggestion at any rate ;) since I think you could do it pretty well.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
Modding has a lot to do with trial and error.
If the hardware of your PC is an issue, then I don't blame you.

I think you're a good modder and with the right amount of will-power and enthusiasm, you could make something very interesting and perhaps huge.

FaZe

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions, and I will consider them very much so, but how would you know anything about me, because my I know I can't because I have tried over and over, but I just can't remember what I am doing half the time, I plan what I'm gonna do, I get to my laptop, I sit down, with a drink, and I start writing code, and then I just get really confused and When I come back, It's just resuming what just happened.

I know I could do it, and You know too. But when It actuallt comes down to it, I doesn't happen that well. But....If you guys believe I can, I might give it another shot.

I'm gonna try again......LET'S DO THIS!

FaZe

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »
What's the line to compile things in CMD.

I have just tried something and I need to know the line to compile.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
Luac -o Name.lur OtherName.lua
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:57:35 PM by Lemon »

FaZe

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
Thanks Man.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 02:38:20 AM »
Just like life : modding is fail fail fail fail fail fail and 1 success. You will fail so many times no matter how much you try but if you keep trying you will eventually succeed. That's how it works in life. A person that never experienced a failure in his life and got everything he wanted by luck or others won't be ready when HE has to do the job and then he will fail a lot more then if he would of tried to fix his own problems. Good luck evann

FaZe

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 05:05:25 AM »
You're so right Shay, and, I suppose, it's because I do have everything I want, and need, I have You guys, and I have everything I have ever asked for. I will Try, and I'm half way through a Mod. It's a small mod, but it's something.

I'll always try my best from now on, and I will try not to give up.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 04:04:07 PM »
Just like Master Yoda says "Do or do not. There is no try."

I kinda work on a different level then most modders here tho. I simply never learned how to give up on anything and keep trying until I succeed.

Since...think of it this way: Why do we fall? So that we can pick ourselves back up.

My suggestion to you which is very simple will be a big help to you with this....trust me on this.

Just start taking notes. Note down certain commands or note down certain things like...every lua script uses 4 spaces for tabs and note down functions and what they do along with a example. I have done this for all of my bully mods and even comment your code as you write it so you don't forget what various bits do.

Comments can be placed anywhere though it is best to put them at the end of a line of code since otherwise you might comment out code that is required for your mod.

Comments start always with -- and anything typed after the -- becomes a comment and is ignored by the compiler...but will remain in your script source to read over later on incase you forget something.

This is the best method to remember things when working with any language and every language has its own style of comments.

Give this a try and see how it works for you. If you work with the code long enough...you will remember bits of it without even thinking and it will eventually become natural to you. This is how any skill is when learning something....it never happens overnight unless you REALLY are that gifted and have a natural genius intellect.

FaZe

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
Cheers for the info Mad, I have been using the -- Comments and It does work, I'll start writing things down too, I have recently started making little crappy mods which are useless but seem kinda cool.  I made one with a Bit of health with a Song loop and A Super Spud Gun and several other things.

Thanks man, You're like a brother, who can teach me things.

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »
Just like life : modding is fail fail fail fail fail fail and 1 success. You will fail so many times no matter how much you try but if you keep trying you will eventually succeed. That's how it works in life. A person that never experienced a failure in his life and got everything he wanted by luck or others won't be ready when HE has to do the job and then he will fail a lot more then if he would of tried to fix his own problems. Good luck evann

like thomas alva edison the lamp founder

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
In another light....Have you ever tried Story Writing ?  A lot less frustration there, and you can always improve on your work.  There's a crop of a few good people in the Story Section.  Try your hand at a short story....You may find it could be your calling.