News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Thread Deleting  (Read 5352 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Thread Deleting
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
                     ------------------ IMPORTANT NOTICE----------------------

The deleting of whole threads that a member has started with multiple posts on them should be avoided.  While every member has the right to delete their own posts, deleting the first post of a thread that you start deletes the the entire thread and those posts of the other members who may not want their posts on that thread deleted.

Recently, a thread was deleted containing 301 posts, affecting the post count of some of the members.  Several other threads have been deleted as well.  If a member feels it really necessary to delete a thread they started that now has multiple posts by other members, Please contact a Moderator and we will move it to a holding area for you without affecting the other member's posts or counts.   

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:03:10 AM by ChuckX »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Thread Deleting
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
At Issue here is the other members, whose posts are removed without their permission and without just call to do so.  To this end, we don't want members wiping out whole threads of  more than a page.  Also, through no fault of their own, the other member's post counts are lost. 

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Thread Deleting
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »
An Ex-Member just deleted 37 threads a couple of days ago, and is now banned as a result. 

Fair Warning to anyone else.