News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *RELEASE* - Bully LUA Compiler  (Read 10636 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
*RELEASE* - Bully LUA Compiler
« on: December 25, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »
I am proud to present to you the Bully LUA Compiler that Red and I have been keeping under tight wraps for a long time. Now it is being released to the community for use in compiling custom Bully scripits.

This compiler is basicly a custom compiler that works for the custom version of LUA that Bully uses and is the only one that will work for the game. The standard LUA compiler will not work unless you have a compiler binary that is the exact same version as the LUA version used for bully which is LUA 5.0.2 for which no downloadable windows binaries exist for that compiler.

I included a ReadMe file in the archive along with the web installer of the visual studio 2008 runtimes that are needed to run this compiler since the compiler was compiled with the debug flag attached to it and as such will not run unless you either have a version of visual studio 2008 installed that provides the proper .dll files needed....or you install the proper version of the visual studio 2008 runtime. Failure to do either properly will give you a side-by-side error which will frusterate most people.

I recieved a copy of this compiler from my silent modding partner Fred Tetra (Starwars KOTOR modder) and have kept the compiler just between Red and myself due to how big this is...and because I have been slowly rewriting the incompletely decompiled LUA scripts that are used in BULLY. I will be providing a bare handful of working rewritten script sources to start everyone off with to see how things go...and will release more a bit later once people start familierizing themselves with LUA scripting.

I also am releasing my First issue of the Bully Modding Magazine which is a companion to this because it focuses pretty heavily on LUA modding to give modders a idea what LUA scripting is all about for Bully.

The script sources will be posted in the scripting section and I must ask everyone that posts there to keep the topics to help or questions or whatever to LUA scripting and nothing else...also any requests...etc need to go to the proper forum as usual to keep things here nicely organized.

Download the fixed version here - This version should have every bug fixed and should work proper now. Please redownload the package from this link.
http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=60
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:23:18 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
Re: *RELEASE* - Bully LUA Compiler
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
Yay!

Time to see what new mods everyone can do with this now ;)

Offline sabateur12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
i dont know how this work what sould i od whit the cmd run stuff idk its to hard for me srry

Offline sabateur12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
ooooww no now i get it:P its to hard for me this stuff i think it was how to play as max aswell but this is something else srry man i'll wait a while ill try to get max working to :) marry xmas yalll:)

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »
I can't believe no one replied about this yet. Great work Madman!  ;D

It's a shame my internet didn't work yesterday.

EDIT: I have visual studio 2010. Does it still work?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »
It should since visual studio 2008 - 2010 and on will all have the proper dll files. For non visual studio users you need the proper runtime versions for it to work.

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
I need some help getting this to run.

I installed the visual studio 2008 provided, but it still gives me the side-by-side error.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
What was provided was only the standard runtime .dll files installer and not the entire visual studio.

To fix the side by side error you most likely got when trying to run the compiler...you will need to either install ALL of the available visual studio runtime versions that is on microsofts site....or....download and install the trial verison of visual studio 2008 and that error will go away.

This error is one I was unable to fully track down the proper dll files for since if I was able...I would have gotten a special package of those files put together to also use with the compiler.

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
I just sat through installing visual studio 2010 professional's trial version and it still gives the error :(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:05:17 PM by JmTsHaW »

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 07:10:05 PM »
the professional edition? it's like 3.3 GB!  :o

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
You need 2008 not 2010 on visual studio to get rid of the error that way.

Sit tight tho since I am working on a quick fix to this problem and should have a new download ready for everyone shortly.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Updated my release post.

Posted a link at the bottom for a fixed version of my lua compiler package. Download this instead of the other one and let me know if it works or not.

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
It gave me the same error, unfortunately.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »
Try just copying the extra .dll file to the same folder where luac.exe is. See if that works

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
It still gives the same old error.

Is there a way I can get a log of the file to see what .dll is missing, if any?

EDIT: I installed 'vcsetup.exe' of visual studio 2008 express and it doesn't give me the error now - It just opens and closes itself instantly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:23:21 PM by JmTsHaW »