News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1302 times)

Offline JmTsHaW

• View Profile
A few questions
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
I have a few questions about things in bully that I would like to have in my game.

1. How to change the regular 'Walk' and/or bike theme to other songs? Primarily, I want to know how to have the Defend Bucky bgm playing while I walk around. (I'm not complaining if this can't be done yet, I can put the music on youtubeloop if that's the case.)

2. How would I make it so specific peds spawn in certain spots at different times of day? Sort of like how Ms. Danvers spawns outside the headmaster's room each day.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »
1. It can be done by rewriting the script that controls the music (not sure if it's main.lua or a library script). I often change the music when I load my own scripts, as you can see in my videos in my section. http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?board=146.0

2. Again, lua. That's how I custom spawn my characters and how I added the spawns for bullymodder1's video "Halloween Special".

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »
Red is correct.

I am finally releasing the modding magazine issue number one tomorrow and the LUA compiler along with some fully working and complete stock non modded scripts to get everyone started.

This is my christmas present to everyone.....even though I could wait a little longer on this....I feel that I have kept everyone away from the LUA scripts for far too long since I have been promising this all year.....wanna live up to my promises.  8)