News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [TUT] Find Some Clique Leaders In Free Roam NO MODS!!  (Read 11929 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
[TUT] Find Some Clique Leaders In Free Roam NO MODS!!
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
By this I mean you can speak to the characters as you would do with other students. I have provided a very short walkthrough on how to meet some characters without mods.

PETEY
Petey is probably the easiest character to meet. He often appears on school campus at the begining of chapters. You can greet him at the begining of Chapters: 3,4 & 5.
You can also talk to him just before starting Boxing Challenge Chapter 2, where he is sitting on the pier. He will somehow disappear after the mission has started.

WILL HE FIGHT: Well, I found that Petey seems more agressive than other non-cliques with everytime me provoking him, 6/10 he'll fight back.

TED THOMPSON
Only one way to meet him in free-roam and that is Chapter 1 in the mission "Slingshot" where instead of knocking out the jocks, jump down.
After the mission has been failed, you can greet Ted. His shirt number is 0.

WILL HE FIGHT: Yes. He will. But because of Slingshot being a fairly easy mission, he'll be KO'd in 2-3 punches.

GARY SMITH
Loads of ways to meet him in free roam.
You can greet him in "Welcome to Bullworth" after knocking Wade out. For some reason, he will not speak but will fight if provoked.
In the PS2 version of Bully, there was a glitch which caused Gary to spawn in Blue Skies Industrial Park or on Bullworth Campus in Chapter 6. Quite rare though. The Scholarship Edition fixed this bug.
Start the  mission "That Bitch" without stink bombs. After the cutscene has finished, you'll be greeted with another cutscene where Gary told Jimmy about Fatty having stink bombs. After that Gary can be interacted with normally and will fight if provoked but will run away if pushed or bullied.
After completing Halloween, Gary & Petey will be at Jimmy's side but cannot be interacted with.
After completing "The Big Prank" Gary will be in the school but the odds are heavy he'll run into a class room since Mr. Burton will go straight for Jimmy or Gary.
A glitch which has happened to me 2 times in Final Showdown stop Gary from going up the ladders. He'll just continue insulting Jimmy, but if assulted you'll have to restart. He can be interacted with, but he'll ignore you and just stand there. If you grapple him without harming him (chucking or ppucnhing etc.) he'll break free and say "I thought we were buddies you maniac!"

WILL HE FIGHT: In most of them, yes. But for the "That Bitch" one, if you shove him he'll run away.

Johnny Vincent
Only way I know how is to start Jealous Johnny and just talk to him. You can get him to fight you by letting him see you harming another Greaser, but remember, if you even touch him, mission failed.

WILL HE FIGHT: Only if you insult him enough or if you let him see you attack another Greaser.

Derby Harrington
I have no idea yet on how to meet him in free-roam.

Edgar Munsen
After rescuing Russell from Wonder Meats and the cutscene with Edgar and Jimmy outside Bullworth, just stop and talk to Edgar. However, he'll act like he has 55% respect since if you greet him, he'll greet back but if you insult him, he'll insult back and one hit is all it takes to get him to fight you.
He has infinate stamina.

WILL HE FIGHT: Yes. He has infinite stamina.

Russell Northrop
Easy as hell. Sometimes he'll spawn in the carpack or outside Bullworth's gates. In Chapter 1, he'll fight easily. But in Chapter 2,3,4,5,6 you'll need to hit him 2 times.

Earnest Jones
After finishing Paparazzi, he'll walk into the library and come back out a few moments later. He will fight if provoked but will stop fighting after a few seconds for some reason. He cannot be humiliated.

WILL HE FIGHT: Yes if provoked, but will stop fighting after 10-15 seconds.

Well that's it for now. I'll be working on a video which shows how to meet gang leaders in free-roam with no mods soon.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
Re: [TUT] Find Some Clique Leaders In Free Roam NO MODS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »
PETEY
You can also talk to him just before starting Boxing Challenge Chapter 2, where he is sitting on the pier.

I took a picture of Petey and Russell (Jimmy's consigliere and caporegime, respectively) on the pier since Russell had followed me from Tad's house.  Too bad its in black and white.   :(

Anyway don't forget that you can also interact with Johnny after you release him from his cell in 'Finding Johnny Vincent.'  Does anyone know if you can interact with Earnest at the end of 'Wrong Part of the Town' (I know you can take his yearbook photo) or Derby at the end of 'Preppies Vandalized?'
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:22:51 PM by Algie Hunter »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
I can confirm that Pete is just as tough as Lance, Trevor, Ray, Gordon, and Ivan.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
PETEY
You can also talk to him just before starting Boxing Challenge Chapter 2, where he is sitting on the pier.

I took a picture of Petey and Russell (Jimmy's consigliere and caporegime, respectively) on the pier since Russell had followed me from Tad's house.  Too bad its in black and white.   :(

Anyway don't forget that you can also interact with Johnny after you release him from his cell in 'Finding Johnny Vincent.'  Does anyone know if you can interact with Earnest at the end of 'Wrong Part of the Town' (I know you can take his yearbook photo) or Derby at the end of 'Preppies Vandalized?'
How do you talk to Derby? I tried everything but couldn't speak to him. Everything I tried ended in Mission Failed or the mission ending. :/

Also the Finding Johnny Vincent thing, I mean like actual free roam when they aren't rushing/running away etc. I know you can interact with Johnny then, be he runs which doesn;t make it free-roam styled.

I can confirm that Pete is just as tough as Lance, Trevor, Ray, Gordon, and Ivan.
That's true. But I meant Petey seems to be more aggressive than them lot. (My experience)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:52:30 PM »
From your experience, perhaps. But with the exception of Constantinos and the little kids, all Non-Cliques share the same stat.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:44:08 AM »
Really? It's rare for me to fight one, except in Chapter 5.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
Derby is one of the hardest to meet, but possible. Near the end of "preppies vandalized" when you are supposed to give him the photos don't do that. Instead take the camera and zoom his face (don't get too close to him or the mission ends). He will get mad and will start harassing you. I don't know why but everytime he does it, he will get closer to Jimmy. Keep doing this so he follows you and stay away from the boxing gym. Simple as that, but don't attack him or the mission ends.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
Derby is one of the hardest to meet, but possible. Near the end of "preppies vandalized" when you are supposed to give him the photos don't do that. Instead take the camera and zoom his face (don't get too close to him or the mission ends). He will get mad and will start harassing you. I don't know why but everytime he does it, he will get closer to Jimmy. Keep doing this so he follows you and stay away from the boxing gym. Simple as that, but don't attack him or the mission ends.

Thats cool.  I'll have to try that.  Thanks!   :)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
And I passed Preppies Vandalized a few days back.......... now I'm pissed. >:(

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
U can iteract with him in prepies vandelized. Just go from the side where you need to enter the bar in dishornoble fight aim at your camra and get closed a bit but not to close. Derby will insult you and Bif will come to you. There is also a way to make him run to the ally besides the boxing gym but I forgot it.

Offline BullyRules

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 09:59:00 AM »
So Gary for sure only shows up in Chapter 6?  He doesn't show up before Chapter 5, so we can get his yearbook picture before then without mods?