News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Enough is enough  (Read 8080 times)

Offline Lantern

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:46:30 PM »
Hello everyone..I have been reading this board for a bit now and this is my first time posting so have mercy...*smiles*....

I just wanted to vent a bit about all this idiotic banning, protesting and whatnot of Bully ( which I already reserved and am drooling to get my hands on ). SO please forgive my venting....I was bullied, beat and all around mistreated most of my school life...and yes I should have been stronger and stood up to them, but sometimes people withdraw instead of fighting back ....I withdrew. Games like bully and the GTAs did not even factor into their minds, they were not seduced to a life of mistreating others and all around stupidity because of the games they played. Hell if games had that much influence, most of the kids I went to school with played street fighter...I never once was shot with a blue fireball, hit with a spinning kick or a flameing uppercut. They were just kids like me, who lashed out and had to prove they were more. Bad homes, bad influeces and all around bad brakes turn kids violent, not a vibrating controler. Doom does not train people to kill, guns are not shaped like controllers and real life does not end after 20 inches because you could not afford the 30 inch TV. This foolishness, in my opinion, lessens the horror of all those who lost their lives do to suicide, to those who lost their lifes do to murder at the hands of lost teens and to say that the video game made them do it spits in the face of those who mourn these deaths. On 9/11 I was afraid for the lives of family and friends, I watched across the hudson as smoke flowed to my city, I saw those fall from great hieghts to the ground below....not in a video game..out my window and on the news. Real Life turns children into murders, Real Life confuses, Real Life is the reason bombs are strapped to backs, why bodies lay in the streets of New Orlens, why friends go to a pointless war and if I could not play GTA, could not vent the horror of Real Life Experiences into a video game....the world would overwhelm.

I will end with this, I used to play Donkey Kong and never once have I had the urge to drop a barrel on an Italian....:D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:49:36 PM by Lantern »

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Enough is enough
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:58 PM »
Wow, some first post. I feel like not making some uber reply here would be insulting to the thought and heart you put into the post you just made, but i just don't see how i can follow it.

Welcome to the messageboard ;)

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 09:02:22 PM »
Nice post,  *clapping*

Offline Sandnick

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
Hey, someone's telling it like it is! (clapping) :)

Offline Red_Samurai

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
Jack THompson needs to see this also welcome to the site:D :D :D

Offline BullyRocks10

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »
yea dude welcome talk about a great first impression

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »
Great post. Welcome to a place that you will feel right at home.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
Enough is enough
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:29:11 AM »
Welcome dude.. but to be honest I dont have the strength to read your post. Its too damn long...

Offline ArmedDragoon

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »
Nice one, you made a rousing speech with your first post, just like I did. It's titled "As Socrates once said...." if you want to take a look at it.

Offline HanaM

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 12:36:53 PM »
just, brilliant

oh yeah, this is my first post =D

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Enough is enough
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »
Quote from: HanaM;20337
just, brilliant

oh yeah, this is my first post =D

Cool, welcome :D

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
Enough is enough
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 04:48:35 PM »
Nice post man :)

Offline ZanyD

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 05:34:14 PM »
............I'm sure the people who were tossed into wood chippers and executed by Hussein would differ on the ''pointlessness'' of the Americans being in Iraq,but I see what you're saying. We need to get the heck out of there YESTERDAY. And the New Orleans comment? Hmmm...Your point was VERY well made without the Liberal slant. The subtle Bush bashing almost defeats your points. Real Life was also happening in the previous Administration....but you know that.
............Political nitpicking aside,great post. :)

Offline YourScrambled

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »
and what the hell is your point?

Offline chiller2k6

• View Profile
Enough is enough
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »
u got bullied ? woah