News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Replace the headbutt?  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Ross_R

• View Profile
Replace the headbutt?
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
Hello to everyone.

So, I've read around and found how to mix grapples and punches and other fighting stuff. However, I do not need that much.

Can someone answer me, please, can I only replace one move: headbut to, for exampe, Juri's piledriver or Russel's bomb? If yes, can you, please, make a description how to do it? I'm not new to hex editing, but far fromexpert either, so it is better for me to see how to do things step by step...

Thanks onwards.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Replace the headbutt?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
I can't help you regarding this due to being very very busy with getting the scripts ready for people to use in their decompiled state....but I will state for the record that once the scripts are fully done and completely decompiled with no errors....then you will be able to override the fighting styles just by editing the lua scripts rather then editing the ide.img file.

I am also working to find a way to generate new default.idb and other .idb files from the original .ide that is in the ide.img file.....if that ever gets completed...we will have a far easier way of editing the fighting styles and have fewer if any bugs.

Offline Ross_R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:20 AM »
LUA scripts... I've had a bit of them when I worked with Mafia and Mafia 2, if I remember right. How much is done? I mean, more then half or less?

OK, about my question, only one thing: is it possible to replase only headbutt, without changing Jimmy's clique, and keep all other moves via hexing ide file? Plan minimum is just answer yes or no. But if someone have more time than MadMan, then I'd appreciate if he'll explain me how.

Thanks onwards.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:51:31 AM by Ross_R »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:05:52 AM »
To do this change jimmy fighting style, faction and stats to juri ones. Then when you are playing use control or shift to do the attack.

Offline Ross_R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Thanks man. But I've asked if this possible to do without changing clique (faction) and the whole fighting style. Only headbutt must be replaced, if this possible.

Thanks onwards.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
state of the lua scripts is about 50% done roughly and I am working on what I have as fast and as carefully as I can.....Trying to make sure this is a quality release for people to use since another very good modder is helping me out with this and trust me....the help from him is much much appreciated since I was reaching the limit of what I could do....lol

and deadpool is right  :biggrin:

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
You can use the different grapple attacks without changing jimmy default fighting style but you can't keep his faction. The only way to do this is changing the faction to jock (or the faction that the memeber with that grapple attack is).

PLAY
ER1.STAT_PLAYER.
Grap....null....
null....null....

ÿÿÿÿ/Global/Play
er..Act/Player.a
ct../Global/Play
erAI....Act/Play
erAI.act....N_Ji
mmy.....

Just replace the green part with juri or luis one.

JOCK....STAT_J_G
RAPPLER_A...F_Jo
cks.J_Grappler..
null....Straf_Wr
est.

EDIT: This is the hard way to make it work while madman works on the easy one :D

Offline Ross_R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
Heh, sure. LUA script gonna make it all in one line of text.

Thanks, I'll try to use what you've wrote.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »
Here is how Darby's boss style is called via the lua scripts:

Code: [Select]
F_CreateDarby = function()
  idDarby = PedCreatePoint(37, POINTLIST._2_B_DARBY_START)
  PedSetFlag(idDarby, 58, true)
  PedSetAITree(idDarby, "/Global/DarbyAI", "Act/AI/AI_DARBY_2_B.act")
  PedSetActionTree(idDarby, "/Global/BOSS_Darby", "Act/Anim/BOSS_Darby.act")
  PedSetMaxHealth(idDarby, l_0_13)
  PedSetHealth(idDarby, l_0_13)
  PedOverrideStat(idDarby, 38, 50)
  PedOverrideStat(idDarby, 39, 50)
  PedSetInfiniteSprint(idDarby, true)
  PedSetDamageTakenMultiplier(idDarby, 0, 0.20000000298023)
  PedSetDamageTakenMultiplier(idDarby, 3, 0.20000000298023)
end

Keep in mind that this is exactly how the boss styles are called and what makes them so hard to get working using the hex editing method. PedOverrideStat(idDarby, 38, 50) and PedOverrideStat(idDarby, 39, 50) are the two lines that call his boss stats and override the normal fighting stat.  PedSetAITree(idDarby, "/Global/DarbyAI", "Act/AI/AI_DARBY_2_B.act") is what calls the main part of the boss fighting style and I have confirmed this myself via small tests by generating Boss Darby in freeroam just by using the scripts without editing ide period.

Figured this example will give you a better understanding on how boss styles actually get called since ide is not used for this. This same method is used for russell and the other bosses you fight in the game and you can override the normal fighting styles of the peds by adding a section just like this to a specific script.

I will try to get one of the scripts finished up and release just that script alone with some modified fighting styles for freeroam peds and let you guys play with it all.

Figured I would post this here rather then make a new topic for the time being and once I have somthing concrete for everyone to play with...I will make a proper topic for that then.

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
 :blank: :ohmy: :eek: Darby's boss found in free roam Mad how do you add this script to the script file and make it come to free roam I've seen them before but I don't know how to edit them doing the disablement of the scripts takes time and I guess i'll go at it again. I'll decompile and recompile them myself i'll help out with this mod when I'm free. I managed to get some scripts going but crashes. I think it has something to do with my scripts file being corrupted. I've had the deompiled files for a while now and didn't know what the hell they were until I looked here I'll be a third party member :) to help decompile bullies script exe. Their is a bit of a problem though. Don't go releasing your mods, their are leeches and thieves on the net I just don't want all your work and my work when I get started to go to waist I spent my time reading the files for games and it is hard getting them going. I managed to get Halo Mods under control even scripting AI now I will script Bully. Rockstar prepare yourselves.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »
:blank: :ohmy: :eek: Darby's boss found in free roam Mad how do you add this script to the script file and make it come to free roam I've seen them before but I don't know how to edit them doing the disablement of the scripts takes time and I guess i'll go at it again. I'll decompile and recompile them myself i'll help out with this mod when I'm free. I managed to get some scripts going but crashes. I think it has something to do with my scripts file being corrupted. I've had the deompiled files for a while now and didn't know what the hell they were until I looked here I'll be a third party member :) to help decompile bullies script exe. Their is a bit of a problem though. Don't go releasing your mods, their are leeches and thieves on the net I just don't want all your work and my work when I get started to go to waist I spent my time reading the files for games and it is hard getting them going. I managed to get Halo Mods under control even scripting AI now I will script Bully. Rockstar prepare yourselves.

[Bully] Whut, whut, duh?!"

Seriously. It's madman work he is the guy who choose what to do with his work. I mean just make a mod for showing how does it work and nothing else?
I know there is people like bigbif (lol) who were like this. Just make sure the person is trustfull.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:11:31 PM by deadpoolXYZ »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »
I fully intend on releasing all of my work since I find it is better when ppl share.

You will always find thieves and other malcontents that will take your name from somthing and steal the credit...etc but as long as you know who really did somthing....you can just simply sit back and laugh at the bullshitters out there claiming to have done this or that.

Easy way to spot a bullshitter. Ask them how they did a particular mod...etc and if they can't give you a straight answer right away.....or beat around the bush a bit....then its becasue they really do not know how to do said mod and just stole the credit from the original author in order to gain some quick fame.

The main thing is tho...when ppl team up and work together and find a good solid way of stamping their names on somthing they have released.....or enough ppl know about who really did a certain mod...or a modder's work gets well known enough for ppl to spot a stolen mod.....then things can be handled quickly and the problem taken care of.

I prefer to release what I do as open source to allow those willing to learn....a way to learn somthing new to them or for a experienced modder to learn a different way to do somthing they may already know how to do. I only ask that credits to myself for what I have contributed to be kept intact and thats really it....or maybe a thanks here and there once in a while. I don't bother going for the whole ego trip like several modders have done nor will I just show off a mod with no intention of ever releasing it to anyone because that is just plain rude. Plus it shows that you plain don't trust anyone even if they are willing to share with you.

That being said....I am willing to work with anyone that is genuinely willing to help, willing to learn as they help and someone thats also willing to share what they have done in order to make a team release even better for the community....otherwise....why even have a modding community?

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »

[Bully] Whut, whut, duh?!"

Seriously. It's madman work he is the guy who choose what to do with his work. I mean just make a mod for showing how does it work and nothing else?
I know there is people like bigbif (lol) who were like this. Just make sure the person is trustfull.
I wasn't referring to myself I was referring to him I was explaining that releasing might be kind of dangerous and when I get started on some scripts it will be my work to. Also I was explaining about what mods I did and what files I read. We can release as Madman states their are trustful people and leechers.

I mean I just cant bare the feeling of doing 6hrs of work on mods and then some idiot steals it. @Madman A better way to spot leechers is to create forums like this and the time certain mods were done and who made them. I will get started soon.

I just need a good decompiler a tut. on what your doing on bully and what type of codes your using. Can you explain them in a message instead of post. I will send you messages on some scripts. I figured that on the mission Tad's House the mission script spawns peds in the interior and exterior of the house using the lua script. When we modify it we will be able to get this in free roam, also the same with the save points.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
Off topic but i think their maybe a way to call the boss styles through hex editing through scripts,

when you start a game in the carnival the game calls a boss style script for use with using during that carnival game, and when you finish/quit the minigame the game calls back player.act, if we could change player.act into something else and then quit the game then maybe it would call the new style, i'm sure i tried this once or twice but it didn't work, that said iv'e been rather rusty as of late so perhaps someone could give this idea a go

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
Bullymodder U definitely  wont find a tutorial on how to recompile the scripts. This is something mad has been working at for a long time and it is not easy at all. From what he has told me, mad plans to fully release the decompiled scripts and post a tutorial on how to code lua. And besides, if you dont learn how to code lua, the decompiled scripts will be of no use to you. Unless of course someone releases a mod they did with the decompiled scripts