News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: How To Change subtitles?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Vaidas

• View Profile
How To Change subtitles?
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »
So I'm from Lithuania, and i want to change subtitles to my language. i try this:

It was

4Н« ” €   BD яяHey - you're the new kid! яяYeah, what's it to you? яяFriendly, aren't you? яяGimme a break, loser. яяHey, relax friend, you're all pent up. яяGo easy, or they'll put you on medication. яяThey did to me. Boy - nearly sent me insane. яяThat's fascinating... now if you'll excuse me. яяI said relax, friend. яяGet off man. яяListen to me tough guy, яяyou just arrived at the toughest school in the country яяand I'm offering to be your friend. яяTrust me, in a place like this, you're gonna need friends. яяSo it's up to you. You gonna play nice, or what? яяYeah, sure. яяGood. So, how about I show you around? /9 09! 19= 29Y 39u 49Ў 59С 69 795 ±9Q І9a і9} ґ9№ µ9б ¶9! ·9Y ё9i

I change to:

4Н«       ”  €             BD      яяEi! - Tu Esi Naujokas!     яяJo, O Kas Tu??   яяDraugiskas Nesi Arne??     яяPasitrauk Mulki.     яяEi, Nusiramink Nieko Tau Nedarau.    яяNeaiskink, Arba Atsidursi I Ligonine.    яяJie Padare Man. Berniuk - Beveik Mane Isiutinai.  яяThat's fascinating... Dabar Jei Atleistum.    яяGi Sakiau Nusiramink Vaike.     яяPasitrauk Asile.  яяKlausyk Manes Kietuoli,   яяTu Katik Atkeliavai I Kieciausia Mokykla Mieste    яяIr As Noriu Buti Tavo Draugu.   яяPasitikek Manim, Sitoje Skyleje Kaip Si Tau Reikes Tikrai Draugu.    яяSo it's up to you.  Tai Tu Sutinki Ar Ka?     яяTaip, Zinoma.   яяGerai. Tai, Kaip tu Pries Jei Tau Viska Aprodyciau?    /9   09!   19=   29Y   39u   49Ў   59С   69  795  ±9Q  І9a  і9}  ґ9№  µ9б  ¶9!  ·9Y  ё9i                                                                                                                                                                                                             

But When I'm going to the game it crashes.

Sorry for my bad english..

And Please help me.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
Re: How To Change subtitles?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:32:04 PM »
Well it looks like u changed some stuff u weren't supposed to? For example I don't see the number signs in the Lithuanian version. I will try this out and try to help u if u tell me which file it is that u edited
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:57:10 PM by BullyModder123 »

Offline Vaidas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:40:36 AM »
I found that file from "Bully Schoolarship Edition\Config\Text'' and i open american with img tools and i found that file. this is first file. i extract it in deskop and i ready to translate. when I'm finish, I replace my edited file.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:42:08 AM by vaidas »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
What you are doing wrong is when you are translating it....you are adding extra characters that the file cannot handle due to it being a binary file. That is a problem with hex editing. You can only replace text with the exact same number of characters or else it changes the file size that is encoded in the file itself and causes the game to crash when loading it.

Game translation is no easy task due to this...but hopefully at some point we will have the ability to decode teh subtitle files and encode custom ones. As of now there is no other way around this limitation.

Hope that helps.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Could you not just swap the file names around?

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
i dont think they have his language, so this is impossible

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 02:57:59 AM »
i dont think they have his language, so this is impossible

You are correct.

The only way to convert the game into a language not already available as a option in the game is to decode and rewrite by hand all of the subtitles files.

The game menus can be converted over but while it is a somewhat easier task...this will give at least a partial translation of the game.

Once all of my current projects are out of the way, I can look into this for anyone that wishes Bully to be translated into their preferred language.