News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: MadmaN's Work..*Warning: picture heavy thread*  (Read 27333 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
MadmaN's Work..*Warning: picture heavy thread*
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
Figured I would go ahead and start posting my work here for everyone to see which covers photoshop work and 3d work which is quite intensive. I won't bother putting these into any particular order and if anyone has questions about anything I will be happy to answer as best as I can.

Let the mini art show begin!

This pic is my official clan coat of arms that I decided to make for fun. And to test out some effects that I came up with from scratch.

This is a test sig I made so I could get back into the world of sig making but haven't done too many of as of late due to being busy with the bully mega mod.

This one is part of a full set of rank sigs that I collaborated with my co-leader |XF|-Guthix [AR] to make for our clan. Each member has their own rank sig with their name attached to it showing the predator symbol for the rank in question. Guthix did the pattern by hand that makes up the majority of the sig and I came up with the rank symbols themselves along with the blending effects used in the sig.

This one was done entirely with a wacom tablet that sadly I lost in the fire...miss that sucker....and was just testing its capabilities out when I made this. This was based on a tattoo design I remembered from several years ago that I seen in a tattoo shop while on vacation in florida.

This one is a official wallpaper I did for my clan which we are no longer going with the alien vs predator theme on things due to going full to gta: san andreas multiplayer and gta4 now. This took me about a week to make and used around 50 layers to make the rust effects since everything is from scratch.....like most of my work.

This one is a special one for me. Those of you that have read or are fans of IT by Stephen King will instantly recognise this pic. I did this for a contest some years ago and ended up taking 1st place. There is a bit of a story behind this pic too. The business cards you see are actually based on a design that one my cousin's doodled over a real business card that she picked up somewhere back when she was in highschool, mostly due to her obsession with IT. To this day she still says that this pic creeps her out....lol Took me approximately three weeks to make this picture and it also is 100% from scratch. It is also one of my bigger pictures since the original psd was made up of around 300 layers to get the blending just right.

This one is a window design for my clan's flash site which already has this in the site for its mini-windowing system which is still not finished since I have lost the interest for the time being in adding more to that site....considering that it took me 4 years to design and complete it. I am currently retheming the site with a gta style theme while keeping the grungy feel the site has but not changing any of the core flash code due to the fact that the site is already complex enough....don't need to add more to it.

This one is a full 3d scene render that I did as a wallpaper for a friend of mine who like me is a longtime alien  vs predator player and for being in her 50s....is one of the best alien players that I know of. She requested this from me since out of everyone that she has asked to do this for her, I am the only one so far that has managed to create exactly what she thought of all those years ago.

The rendering got screwed up with these two. These too are 3d. I will be adding this bike to bully at some point in the future to replace the cop bike...but reskinned with law enforcement decals to make it more cop like. This was originally going to be my comeback vehicle mod for gta san andreas before I decided to shift gears to bully instead. xD

This one is one of the very few that I put my real name on. Did this pic for my half sister as a birthday gift since she is 9 years old and is very into art. She is wanting me to teach her everything I know in photoshop which might take quite some time....lol

This one I did for one of my cousins who also is a big fan of my work who also requested that I make her somthing neat. So this is what I came up with.

Bully related artwork which has been posted elsewhere in here.

This is a logo I did for a former clan m8 but it never got used.

This is a modification of a pic my co-clan leader did...tho his looked more like the nazi flag then this one does which is what this is originally based from. Please note: I do not condone racism nor do I support that. This was just more a doodle for fun to test my new embroidery effect in photoshop that I came up with.

And for now....last but not least is a tribute picture I am working on for my late grandfather whom I was extremely close to. Here is the original black and white photo of him when he was serving in the us army as a military policeman.

And here is my current work in progress which I have a long ways to go yet but this image is extremely large due to the size I scanned it in at. The psd takes up 1.5 gb and is currently 200 layers as I am currently in the process of restoring him to full color using various reference photos to get the colors exact with. His face and skin are the last bits I need to finish coloring back in then I have to sort the blending out so he doesn't look like he is pasted onto my background. This is also a gift to my mom which she knows about and has been following me close on this one helping me with getting colors exact to the shade as she remembers them.
I also need to fix his ear as that looks a bit wrong but cutting someone out from a faded black and white photo accurately is not the easiest task to do.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: MadmaN's Work..*Warning: picture heavy thread*
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Your work is phenomenal. ❤

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
Thank you! It does mean a lot hearing that and is much appreciated. I take a lot of pride in my work since it has taken me a lot of years of learning and practice to get this good.  I tend to be a perfectionist with all my work which is why I strive for such high quality. I may not be the best (or be close to it for that matter) but I will still try to do MY best which is all that really matters in the end.

btw hayley, I as of tonight will have my high resolution grottos and gremlins character sheet design put in bully since I am working on high res texture replacements for the game. I will be posting screenshots soon in my mega-mod thread showing them off and see what everyone thinks of this. Since this will be a gift to the whole community and help drive modders to look into many other areas of the game in order to further bully modding.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:42:51 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:35:40 AM »
Since Chrissy gave me the go ahead...here is a quick photo manip I did of her:

It is nothing super complex or anything and is quite simple.....I could have done a far better job if I actually took my time on it....but figure I would have a little fun. I would post the original for comparison but can't find it so this will have to do.  :biggrin:

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »
Mad, I must give you this. You are one hell of an artist. You deserve some sort of money for this.

Once again, amazing job.

btw, good job on Chrissy. Made her a lot better then she actually was. Photographer in the making!!!1

I'm guessing you "whitened" up her face and made her eyes more Blue?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Naw, Chrissy has natural awesome blue eyes.

Mad, these works should like be in a Gallery or something.  Fantastic.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:34:29 AM »
Yayy, I have very blue eyes as well. Always stood out as a baby and until this day :D

Blue eyes are the best lol

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
I have considered putting my work in a gallery for a long time....plus my co-leader in my clan Guthix has been after me to put my work on deviantart.com so I might one day...but prefer to just put work here for the time being....

I am considering doing some official bully-board/bully themed wallpapers for people to download and use if they want but I will see if everyone thinks this is a good idea or not before doing just that. Figure I will go with a majority vote here since I will only do that if enough ppl would like to see that done. No sense in doing somthing that noone will use since then its just a waste.

At any rate....I have more artwork coming. I will ask however first since there is a lot I haven't posted due to its nature: I have done quite a lot of nude renders in 3d and 3d/photoshop art with some nudity (none of it is intended in a sexual manner) but due to the various ages of members here....and the apparent lack of a adult section unless I am missing somthing....I will only post that work if I am given the clear to do so without violating any rules since I don't want to cause any probs to pop up from that.

Chrissy has seen some of it so she is familier with what I mean by tasteful...so I will go off of what she and other staff says before posting my other more adult oriented work.

Chrissy

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

By the way, did I ever tell you guys I'm not blonde anymore?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »
My internet is slow as shit since my plan has been used up...so I can't view them all yet.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »
Got bored today and made this. The graffiti and other stuff was added to a stock photo I found on the net at random and decided to just spice it up a tad bit. Since I haven't located the specific files the bullworthless texture is in from the game....made my own :P

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »
May I ask, what does you're clan do? Is it some sort of gaming clan?

Just me being curious :P

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:10 AM »
It is.

My |XF| Tags stand for CrossFire Clan. My clan was first founded in beginning of 2004 by Harliquinn who was one of the best leaders we had. This was before I joined tho. I joined in the later part of 2004 as a normal member and was promoted to Alien Capt. and Marine Capt. as we were very heavy into Aliens vs Predator 2 which actually is still played today with the aid of the community servers patch, although my clan no longer plays that due to all of the well known clans either dissolving after sierra shut everything down or moving on to other games.

I was promoted to clan leader by BlackWidow who was the leader at the time and one of the original founding members who was given the clan by Harliquinn as he had moved onto other games...namely EVE Online which he still plays today. Blackwidow promoted me around mid january of 2005 and I have been the leader since and am now a founder myself since I redid XF from the ground up with the help of a very close m8 of mine and co-founder genozide who recently left to join =NRU= due to wanting a change of scenary.

BlackWidow however has been out of action and missing since 2007 with no word on what has been happening with her life and ...well....needlessly to say I am extremely worried as she is one of my closest friends and one of the best gamers I know.

That out of the way....sry for the history lesson but it was needed so you can have a bit of background on my clan.

We have since shifted gears and have gone multi-gaming tho due to several issues clan related that have popped up last year that I cannot talk about to anyone that is not a clan member....we have decided to stick to just two games for now and build up from there. I currently am working on redoing our main site and forum since our main game is gta: san andreas multiplayer (sa-mp) and we will also be doing gta4 and borderlands......maybe bf3 for those that want to play it and stick to just that for now...least until we get more active members anyways.

We happen to be one of the longest surviving clans out there besides a few that I can name that have been around longer or just as long and unlike most...have never given up and stuck around as a family online and have become quite close friends with one another and helping eachother out when we are not gaming.

If you are interested in joining ...we can talk about it ..but all new recruits have to go through a tryout phase which lasts approximately a week to be judged worthy of joining since we look for honest, mature, fun loving people to join our ranks.

I can link you to our main site and forum once I finish redoing the themes on both...tho the main site is entirely written in flash and is a bit heavy on graphics so don't be surprised if it seems a slight bit slow since it is quite big. Has taken me 4 years to create along with the current forum which is also in flash and likely to be replaced with a highly customized phpbb forum instead due to flash forums not quite being ready for the bigtime yet.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 12:56:51 AM »
Thanks for the info Mad. I am sorry for your friend BW.. And about the recruiting thing, I am honest, and mature for my age, but I have never been a PC gamer, and my computer most likely could not handle the most recent games because it is a laptop and not alienware or whatever. I am more of a console gamer to be honest. Although I have not had much time on their.

I am happy that your clan has lasted as long as it has.

Keep on rockin' Mad :D

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 03:42:53 AM »
Dude, your work is seriously awesome.