News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Replacement Theory  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Replacement Theory
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:26 PM »
Chatting with Peach about our favorite and least favorite characters. On the topic of my favorites, of course I had to say, "Every preppy ever. With the exception of Chad."

"Why not Chad?" asked Peach.

"He's just so uninteresting," I replied. "Like Rockstar made him at the last second and didn't give him a personality."

Moving along, we talk about the jocks and our dislike for Damon. And that's when I was struck with this thought.

If you don't already know, Damon was originally intended to be a prep at first but the idea was scrapped and he was made into a jock. Now I'm lead to believe that Chad was rushed as a character just to replace him, because you just have to have that one black kid in a clique.

Peach goes on to add that Bob might have been removed to make room for Damon, because Bob wouldn't fit as a prep and thus might explain why the Jocks have two blacks. Although I've always been convinced that it was the stereotype that blacks are more likely to play sports during high school/college, that's also a possibility. Bob could have also been removed for being a little bit too gay, but whatever.

ANYWAY the point of this thread being that Chad might have replaced Damon as a prep at the last second and R★ just didn't bother to give Chad a complete personalty. Is Chad meant to be boring as hell? Why did Damon suddenly become a jock during development? Am I looking too much into this?

Your thoughts on this. I hunger for them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:34:33 PM by 🐢 »

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Theory
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
I think they wanted Damon to be both a football player and a prep. However if Damon AND Bif were in the same clique it'd be ridiculous.

Therefore Damon shed half his personality, Bob got kicked for either being too gay or... whatever... and didn't fit in the Preps so along comes Chad.

I never really noticed how incomplete Chad feels compared to the other characters until Hayley pointed it out to me... *shrug*.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
I made my own version of Bob into a real big dumb stupid badass of a character.  Viva La Bob !!!

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
That reminds me... I need to make requests for simple modding and have someone teach me... or something...

Gogo ninja Ethan and swirlie revenge Jerry on Jimmy

On topic... Chad REALLY is boring... I've gone through some of his sound files... zzzzz

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Whaaat? I mean, sure, his personality is rather boring, but he has some very funny lines...especially fighting lines, when he gets swirlied, and his TAUNPE file.

Mike_W

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
He has a few good lines, but he has quite a few boring ones as well.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »
Eh. I can't think of a single quote I like from him.