News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: More allies mod  (Read 10506 times)

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
More allies mod
« on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
Hi, does anyone know how to hire more than one ally in bully SE, I've been making new characters that I want to be walking with, I want at least two allies walking with me.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: More allies mod
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
Your only bet at this point is for MadmaN to look into it when he gets the chance.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
Thanks alot Red, It seems that everyone else on this board is now incompetent at best,
anyway Carlos i've been looking into this for you
this part seems to determin a spawned bodyguard, (which i think is the only hope for getting custom bodyguards at the moment, spawning them as recruited, i'll look into this with mad if he want to, when he and I have got the v1 vehicle spawner sorted, (it should be ready for release v soon)

(spawns a ped)  (model of ped)  (recruits ped)
"PedCreateXYZ....€?.....PedRecruitAlly......"

The problem is we don't have a list of ped models, which is a much needed part to spawn a selected custom bodyguard
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 06:26:33 AM by Steman »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:04:05 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way...but he's asked this question before and nobody answered...whether this is due to being unable to figure it out, or because people ignored, I don't know. I assumed the former.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
allright red no worries my mistake lol, and yea this bodyguard thing needs figuring out i agree,
irrelevent from this topic i'll give you an update on the vehicle spawner
we basicly cracked the vehicle model list last night :cool:, which was a MUCH needed breakthrough for the whole project, without that we wouldn't be able to do much with customising which vehicle actually spawns (not fully cracked yet, but we're working on it.), aside that we're still struggling in getting jimmy to attach INSIDE the spawned vehicle :-\, so we're gonna have to just allow it to spawn bikes and scooters for now, some of these bikes i must say i've never seen before, but thats just probably me, i don't think mads tested them out just yet to double check if any of them are BETA's, anyway it should be released v soon, and i think this v1 release will be one that was worth waiting for.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
Thanks alot Red, It seems that everyone else on this board is now incompetent at best,
anyway Carlos i've been looking into this for you
this part seems to determin a spawned bodyguard, (which i think is the only hope for getting custom bodyguards at the moment, spawning them as recruited, i'll look into this with mad if he want to, when he and I have got the v1 vehicle spawner sorted, (it should be ready for release v soon)

(spawns a ped)  (model of ped)  (recruits ped)
"PedCreateXYZ....€?.....PedRecruitAlly......"

The problem is we don't have a list of ped models, which is a much needed part to spawn a selected custom bodyguard

Thanks Steman, I think we could try using the ped model names from ide.img ex: PRH1a_Tad_BW

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »
the model id determins what ped spawns, carl as you know i've never been too good at explaining things but i'll try, their is a model id for every ped in the game.
eg)  PRH1a_Tad_BW, DOlead_Russell_BU, NDH1a_Algernon_W etc
changing the model id would change who would spawn so if i used
PedCreateXYZ....€?.....PedRecruitAlly...... would recruit johnny's bird forgot her name
PedCreateXYZ....€B.....PedRecruitAlly...... would spawn the biology tutor
iv'e somewhat experimented with this minimally and it seems that they are possibly recruited via faction, so you wouldn't be able to recruit a teacher and girls you recruit will hold your hand, unless presumably you changed their faction, i'm not too sure about this as i say i havn't looked into it fully
sadly we don't have the full list of these peds with their model id's, but i'm sure it would be easy enought to at least obtain a credible list,
@red we've got the full vehicle list now :), but now the problem is getting these vehicles driveable in free roam, most we're at so far is enabling the police bike fully, i'll keep you informed, release should be done soon

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 10:58:12 AM »
Awesome work, mate.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
red regarding the spawner, iv'e managed to get the vehicles to work in races, (full handling, full collision, right sounds) but when you finish the race the ai at the end takes over, what i'm after is a mission of somesort which automaticlly spawns you on the gocart at the beggining, this would be the answer to all our prayers, iv'e tried it with a bike mission, but it dusn't warp you inside the vehicle, only bikes, thus why we have the police bike working, changing the cars to bikes in ide results in a instant crash, so if you can think of somesort of a mission where you start in a car (preferably not a race) it would get the ball rolling

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
Ok, thanks, one more question.
what determines how many allies I recruit at a time?
governmentman123 managed to recruit like 6 allies for a video, instead of the usual, only 1 bodyguard.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »
Ok, thanks, one more question.
what determines how many allies I recruit at a time?
governmentman123 managed to recruit like 6 allies for a video, instead of the usual, only 1 bodyguard.

Hang on, which video's that?

@Steman: Have you tried the street kart races?

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »
I want to have atleast 4 allies, for my retextured members of NCS, I've spawned them as greasers and they hangout with them, but to make it look like my own gang, I want them walking with me and since I play as the ped in my profile avatar, so i'll be walking my new character with all new peds, "bully 2"!!!

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
the intro to out-of-towners, you can see 6 greasers coming to the fb field, I'm assuming he recruited them as allies.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 04:31:15 AM »
@ Red we're trying the street races but as i say it either results in a crash or the ai takes over when you win.
iv'e seen the video and they look more like their chasing him than with him, anyway I won't have any free time untill iv'e got this mod sorted

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 05:19:18 AM »
the intro to out-of-towners, you can see 6 greasers coming to the fb field, I'm assuming he recruited them as allies.

They're way too far away, though.

@Steman: Is that you in the profile picture?   :biggrin: