News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: The Fire Hydrant Last Stand  (Read 4315 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
The Fire Hydrant Last Stand
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »
Went looking for the Fire Hydrant by the Mental Dental just like Mike told me, and sure enough, there it was.  Trouble was, I couldn’t jump up on it, just kept hopping over it.  No problem, I just backed the Go-Cart up to it and walked up the Cart onto the Hydrant. 

Except....Jimmy ‘sunk’ into the hydrant and became a part of it.  What the hell, I just unloaded weapons and let the Townspeople have it.  Here comes the Cops.  Big Whoop, cause you know what ?  They can’t bust me.....Not as long as Jimmy is merged in with that Fire Hydrant.  They grab, they miss.  So fricking funny.

Then again, I can’t leave either.  Jimmy is stuck there.  So, I use the day, and night, shooting them all with my various weaponry, until the 2 AM hour, so Jimmy can pass out and be free.  Right ?  Nope.  At 8 AM, Jimmy is still there, trapped in the Hydrant.  All day long, all night long, again waking up the third day still trapped in the Hydrant.

On the fourth day, I figured that I probably wouldn’t get out of this one without shutting off the game.  Then I got the bright Idea to throw Firecrackers at the Cops who were standing there trying to bust me.  Took quite a few, but finally knocked myself out, and.....Came to in front of the Bullworth Town Clinic.  I was Free !

This is, no doubt, one of the coolest No-Bust places in the game, even if it is a bit of a Glitch.  They are just inches away on street level and can’t grab Jimmy.  Even though you can’t leave the Fire Hydrant, you still have most of Jimmy’s fighting moves, and can kick ass of anybody who comes near enough.  Note that the Cops like to block punches a lot.  The Citizens are easier, just shoot them with the Slingshot and they’ll come over to you. 

Next time, I’m gonna try some other stuff I just thought of.  This is fucking hilarious !!

Mike_W

Re: The Fire Hydrant Last Stand
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
lol, I loved it when I first found out I could do this. Another way to get out is to fight townsfolk. They'll sometimes try to slap you when you punch, thus weakening Jimmy.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in a different thread not that long ago. Did you really wait this long to try it out? It is insanely awesome!

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:22:11 AM »
Yeah, you had mentioned that lone Fire Hydrant when I said I didn't see any when I was posting about the only 2 newspaper vending machines I found.

It wasn't all that long ago, was it ?  But anyway, I know that when I load Bully, I'm gonna take 3 hours playing free roam before I can shut it off.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
This was a big glitch when the Scholarship Edition came out. You didn't have to jump on it, you'd just have to go near it. If you got close enough it'd grab you and pull you into it.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
Really ?  That's Insane.  All I know is that this is about the coolest 'Non-Bust' spot there is.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »
I never tried it on the PS2. But I will next time around.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Back the Go Kart up to the Hydrant and 'walk' up onto it.  That's the only way I could.

Mike_W

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:37:39 AM »
You could just jump into it also.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 12:41:19 AM »
I'll try and get both to work.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »
I tried jumping for like 5 minutes and got pissed off....It's like trying to jump on the Cop Motorcycle, no go.  So I tried the Go-Kart and it worked first time.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »
I'll just try both, and see if I can get them to work. Maybe I'll get sucked into it again.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
Well Hell....I WAS able to jump onto it.  Musta been doing it wrong.  Done it twice just to make sure.  Used a variety or weapons this time just for kicks, the marbles being the funniest.  Neat being able to beat them up without getting busted.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Saw a guest printing this topic just now and took a peek. I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread...! This. This is so cool. I really want to test this out. Never knew about this until now. It reminded me of this one time I played, which is why I wanted to bump this topic in the first place...

It was the first time I played Bully. Just started Carnival Date and I don't remember if I pulled out the skateboard or rode a bike. ANYWAY. Doop doop doop, don't mind Jimmy being badass and skating/biking in the middle of the road. BUT. I ran into a street light like a boss. And a human/street light hybrid was born. I was freaking out. Jimmy couldn't run anywhere, couldn't jump, nothin'. He ended up missing his date with Pinky because I had no clue what the hell was going on. I pulled out the slingshot and started hitting people in an attempt to pull me out of the light, but no, nothing worked. I eventually got frustrated and had Jimmy purposely knock himself out with firecrackers.

Since then I have never been able to recreate that experience. My question for you is has this happened to you before? It's a neat little no-busting place, but unreliable if I haven't been able to do it again.

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 03:23:02 PM »
yeah Ive seen this but never done it myself...

I find it funny you missed your date with Pinky especially because she was pissy about Derby being three minutes late, how do you like being stood up the whole night sweetheart haha! :D

Mike_W

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
"How dare you miss our date! You better have a damn good excuse!"

"Umm...I was kind stuck in a streetlight...."