News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Shawn Lee's confirmation of Bully 2 a misquote?  (Read 85242 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: Shawn Lee's confirmation of Bully 2 a misquote?
« Reply #420 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »
I'm holding on to very little hope for another Bully. Its been a LONG time now and still no sign of one coming. 

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
Honestly, it'd be cool if there was one, but if there wasn't I'd still be happy with just one.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 25, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Its been too long for anyone to actually be expecting a Bully 2 now. Just hope remains in a few people.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 25, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
I know what you mean. It's been over 4 years. Pretty much nobody except us are hoping to expect the sequel.

And another thing, maybe it's just me, but I usually don't tend to like sequels to games. I become so attached to the first and the way it is, I end up hating the next one because it's too different.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »
If a game is good enough I will look for a sequel. I like to see stories continue. The story has to be worth continuing though....

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
I'd really like it back at Bullworth, even if the chances of that happening aren't great. Only this time around, there'd be a ton more added.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »
I'd like it back at Bullworth. I'm wondering if Rockstar would....

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2011, 12:56:26 AM »
Of course they could, but probably not.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2011, 02:53:43 AM »
Its all about how much of a success a game becomes when they market it. If they have a game that will be more successful than another Bully, they will run with that instead.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
Like I've said, I want to see a new location with new things to explore.  As far as Bullworth is concerned, we been there and done that.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 30, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Making a totally new map wouldn't be a bad idea. I would take it if they just add to the current one though. Either one seems fine to me. What happens with the characters, I'm not sure. I don't think we could get rid of Jimmy and the others though. I think we should have more characters added to the ones we already have. To move them to another map and give them a new story to follow would be cool.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 31, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
Many people had the reaction of dismay when James Earl Cash didn't appear in MH 2.  But the point was....James Earl Cash's story was done.  It was time for a new story, and a new character.  And, the storyline of Daniel Lamb was just as good as James Earl Cash was.  And it was different, which isn't always a bad thing.

Jimmy's story is done.  Where does he go from here, gamewise ?  He beat the Cliques, beat the system, beat the crazy fucked-up bad kid, became King of the School.....What could top that ?  Bringing him back to beat the missions, pass the classes, earn the respect, all over again would be redundant.

And we have already explored the Bullworth Academy and the Towns.  I can navagate the streets in my sleep.  So I want to pop out $60 just to return to the same place ?  Naw, for that kind of money, I want a new place, a new story, and new characters....Not a re-hash. 

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
We still can't get rid of Jimmy. If we don't play as him, we need to at least have him in the game somewhere. Same for the others. I want to keep the old characters while introducing new ones. To have Jimmy as someone you interact with would make the story interesting.

For the whole Manhunt story, James Earl Cash's story was clearly ended with him gaining his freedom. To put him back in would be weird. A new story was needed. Bully is different. With how the first Bully ended the next one can go in multiple directions. Its all about what the developer sees best.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »
Like I've said, I want to see a new location with new things to explore.  As far as Bullworth is concerned, we been there and done that.

Unfortunately or me, I've grown extremely attached to the fictional New England setting. So attached I feel as it's a real place somewhere.

Jimmy's story is done.  Where does he go from here, gamewise ?  He beat the Cliques, beat the system, beat the crazy fucked-up bad kid, became King of the School.....What could top that ?  Bringing him back to beat the missions, pass the classes, earn the respect, all over again would be redundant.

Contradicting my previous statement, this is a really good point.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »
I do agree with Chuck on not using Jimmy again, but I would still like to see him in the story somewhere even if we aren't playing as him.